• Ramsey (McGinn 62)
    • Durán (Watkins 62)
    • Maatsen (Digne 74)
    • Philogene (Bailey 74)
    • Nedeljković (Cash 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/08/24 at 22:59

A thoroughly deserved win despite the ref's best efforts to deny us. 

Looked very good going forward, created a lot of good chances but we need to be more clinical.  Not sure how Bailey failed to score, or how Watkins failed to get a proper shot away when through. We also looked fairly composed defensively except the last 5-10 minutes.

We have a good bunch of young players who look quick, strong and technical.  Great to see Rogers and Ramsay bursting forward from midfield, Youri pulling the strings and Onana putting himself about. Impressed with Maatsen's cameo, and glad we kept big Jhon - Ollie clearly wasn't up to speed and was a bit of a passenger.  

Best opening day for quite a while.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El Segundo said:

A thoroughly deserved win despite the ref's best efforts to deny us. 

Looked very good going forward, created a lot of good chances but we need to be more clinical.  Not sure how Bailey failed to score, or how Watkins failed to get a proper shot away when through. We also looked fairly composed defensively except the last 5-10 minutes.

We have a good bunch of young players who look quick, strong and technical.  Great to see Rogers and Ramsay bursting forward from midfield, Youri pulling the strings and Onana putting himself about. Impressed with Maatsen's cameo, and glad we kept big Jhon - Ollie clearly wasn't up to speed and was a bit of a passenger.  

Best opening day for quite a while.

Do you have my wallet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, pregra said:

Best I’ve seen us play in a season opener for God knows how long. Brilliant stuff at times. Many chances wasted though.

Better than when Tony moon scored against Arsenal?

Posted (edited)

The "Unaiversity" convocation has begun for 2024-25. What a fantastic coaching performance, right? Perfect combination of veterans and rising talents under Professor Emery's tutelage -- a formulation that will no doubt evolve.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Andre Onana i mean Amadou Onana absolutely love him already 🔥 what a character and can back it up on the pitch… amazing performance and glad to finally break the curse away at WHU 

UTV!! My f**king club 💜 

Absolutely buzzing with that

Onana’s performance was one of the best I’ve seen from a defensive midfielder at this club 

• Like 2

I was nervous before the game, but then after 10 minutes  I remembered we had Unai Emery, one of the best coaches in the world. 

We’re going to go far this season 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If I could have one Spam player, it’d be Kudus. He was immense today. Wonder if he fancies some CL footy?

Thought the same for much of last season. Kudus is a baller. 

• Like 1

That was really really  good… don’t want to get carried away but that was probably one of the best away day performances I’ve watched 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Bed-wetters must be feeling pretty silly.

NBC crew praising Unai and the subs today and the general depth. Tim Howard saying it’s positive seeing him making these subs knowing how long the season will be.

Unai Emery took off an England hero and the club captain in the 60th minute to put on younger personnel he signed in order to win the game.

Howard should appreciate how close he got to stand to genius in postgame.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If I could have one Spam player, it’d be Kudus. He was immense today. Wonder if he fancies some CL footy?

Kudus really is good isn't he, dunno how west ham managed to sign him. 

Onana was just a beast today. 

Duran to just kick on and hopefully really push Watkins who looks way off.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â