Match Thread: West Ham v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Okay, lets then break it up - you're right, getting the ball doesn't mean not a foul.

In this case, Cash gets to the ball first and plays it - there isn't a foul in that action, so the foul must be in the next bit - but the thing with the next bit is that the West Ham player is nowhere near getting the ball, which Cash has juts played away from him - so it's a tangle, a tangle in which I think you'd have to go some to claim that Cash was preventing a player getting to a ball that was moving away from and already out of his reach. There simply isn't a foul there.

None of which matters anyway as the morons at the Premier League have apparently said it's a penalty because Cash didn't make significant contact with the ball.

This is the worst officiated league in Europe - it's scandalous.

Sometimes I wish our manager was a little less classy.

Spot on, OBE! 

Explain to a 10 year old's team forward that he may be taken down in the box by an opposing defender, without the defender touching the ball, but it won't be a penalty. Then, turn to your teams'  defenders and tell them they might win the ball in their box but the attacker wins a penalty. Make that make any fooking sense, please? 

The proper cheats of the league, the Fernandes and Saka type players must be loving the step back in time. If you dive but the ref is gullible enough to give it the VAR won’t bother getting involved. 

Remember the simpler times when we thought VAR was being brought in to get to right decisions. Now it’s to tell refs who give the wrong decisions that they are right. 

This is the test now, can we push on and win this game, which admittedly we should be as we've been the mutch better team,

The lack of match fit striker might do us, but I think Emery has got this

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Okay, lets then break it up - you're right, getting the ball doesn't mean not a foul.

In this case, Cash gets to the ball first and plays it - there isn't a foul in that action, so the foul must be in the next bit - but the thing with the next bit is that the West Ham player is nowhere near getting the ball, which Cash has juts played away from him - so it's a tangle, a tangle in which I think you'd have to go some to claim that Cash was preventing a player getting to a ball that was moving away from and already out of his reach. There simply isn't a foul there.

None of which matters anyway as the morons at the Premier League have apparently said it's a penalty because Cash didn't make significant contact with the ball.

This is the worst officiated league in Europe - it's scandalous.

Sometimes I wish our manager was a little less classy.

Agree with all of this except the last sentence. Him being less classy wouldn't help us. I don't know how he does it.

1 minute ago, villanmac said:

**** redknapp.

The ref gives it because he didn't see a touch of the ball which is fine because he's behind and there's bodies in front of him.

So the premise is he gives the pen cos he thinks cash hasnt touched the ball. As soon as VAR sees he has decision should be overturned.

Redknapp isn't gonna be impartial is he? He's a hammers fan

• Like 1

Just now, Tayls said:

Might as well just stop football altogether at this point then 

They showed the video of Bailey clearly grabbing and pulling the arm of the defender so honestly wouldn't been surprised if they called it. Defenders are allowed to do stuff like that, attackers usually not.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

spacer.png

this is a foul on Cash for me in the build up. He’s jumping into the man and using his on his shoulder for advantage. 

How the f**k is that not a foul on Cash? Honestly, this game is just so corrupt. 

• Like 1

Just now, HongKongVillan said:

Watch them twist the rule next week in favour of teams that they like

This is my problem, just another way for them to fudge decisions in favor of their biases

• Like 1

I think the Ref gave it because he wasn't certain it was a peno. You could tell be his reaction after he blew the whistle. But instead of VAR clearing it up they've gone and given it because they don't want to interfere. The system is completely broken. 

Edited by The Other Mat
  • Like 3

Let’s just forget that shit penalty or non penalty and smash these bastards! We looked brilliant at times in the first half.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The player takes him out as he clears the ball. Cash is in the act of playing the ball and the contact happens. Cash is fouled.

I dont disagree with that sentiment, I'm just saying this is what Ref/ VAR will see and claim. They'll always side with the attacking team at home in a call like that. Cash knows this.  He knows they're unreliable and shit. He also knows that Soucek isn't going to score from where he is. But he regularly acts without thinking.