Match Thread: West Ham v Villa

limpid

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I think we're playing well and there's no reason why we can't go on to win this.

Awful decision though and exactly what VAR was brought in to prevent.

Aston Villa 1 Premier League 1 at HT - plenty to play for.

Very well put.

I think we win this 1-2

• Like 2

Just now, Pinebro said:

You just know West Ham is going to jammy their way to win this whils we keep missing chances

Their forwards have been invisible. I don't think they score again.

Christ you’re all so negative. We’ve played really well against a good team away from home. Really encouraging first game signs. Yet it’s all doom and gloom

• Like 3

Goal gave them a boost into gear. Rattled us.

Not heavily worried along as our play isnt too rigid or predictable.

Second goal important in this.

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Where have you seen this? If it was no attempt to play the ball it would have arguably been a red, so I doubt this interpretation 

Said in the match commentary on sky. They hear the VAR stream.

• Like 1

We take our chances and the penalty doesn’t matter (for what it’s worth, it’s soft - but glad var didn’t get involved, ref made the call).  Reset at half time, keep up our play and will be fine, Ollie looks off it - but no pre season, so it’s gonna take a few games,

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

That feeling in the pit of your stomach that we are going to blow  a lead. Welcome back my old friend.

Again, I think we lost from a winning position twice last year, best team in the league for it or at least we were for the majority of the season

We're a different team under unai, the fans still have the jitters but he doesn't 

Ollie doesn’t get that as a penalty at the other end. There’s nothing Cash can do. It’s just a trapping of legs. He’s doing his best to get ahead of the man. It’s a farce of a call totally influenced by the bubble blowing home crowd.