Match Thread: West Ham v Villa

limpid

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Why do I have to think that to think it’s a penalty?

Because that's what the VAR decided made it a penalty. Had he deemed Cash had attempted to play the ball (which he clearly did attempt, and not only attempt but succeed in doing) , then VAR would have overruled.

So VAR if they were not stupid overrules that penalty.

I think we're playing well and there's no reason why we can't go on to win this.

Awful decision though and exactly what VAR was brought in to prevent.

Aston Villa 1 Premier League 1 at HT - plenty to play for.

• Like 2

Just now, Rodders said:

the "i got a touch" hasn't been a defence for several years now if you also go through the guy. Not sure why it's been given so much credence here.

He didn't go "through" him, that's why. He stretched out his leg. It's how you get the ball. 

Just now, Troglodyte said:

Irrelevant if there is no possibility of injuring the opponent or any malicious intent. Cash went to play the ball and got it. The VAR said he didn't attempt to play the ball which is absolutely **** ludicrous

Exactly, pathetic defence which should be investigated

Should be 3-0 but thanks to ref and VAR not willing to correct his mistake it's 1-1.

What's the point of playing so well if it's undone on inept officials?

Need to get back to how we were playing and we'll win this. Still hate football though.

• Like 3

Beautifully set up for Duran to thunderbast**d one in from 25 yards and Adebayor knee skid in front of the home fans brandishing the irons in the 88th min.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, MrBlack said:

Because that's what the VAR decided made it a penalty. Had he deemed Cash had attempted to play the ball (which he clearly did attempt, and not only attempt but succeed in doing) , then VAR would have overruled.

So VAR if they were not stupid overrules that penalty.

I think it’s a penalty because although he very slightly touched the ball, he then tangled with Soucek preventing him from touching the ball.. the ball was still alive and in play despite Cash’s minor touch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Cash is horrific. Science should study him as the first human born without a brain 

He lost the header battle and was late thereafter. Not well played.

We've missed out on three points already I think. Had the chances for 3 or 4.

Wouldn't be surprised if West Ham make 2+ changes at HT and they'll be a different side.

Starting team is hilariously shit from them.

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

Have VAR to ensure correct decisions, but endorse bad decisions so the ref isn’t embarrassed. 

PGMOL is total dogshit 

Pathetic decision 😡

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

the "i got a touch" hasn't been a defence for several years now if you also go through the guy. Not sure why it's been given so much credence here.

He didn't go through the guy to get the touch. They tangled legs after Cash had won the ball.

I still feel Cash was stupid to make the tackle, but that's the wrong call by the ref and VAR.

• Like 1