Kane Taylor

Wes

25 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

We’ve been hoovering up and investing in young talent for a while and from the comments yesterday, we’ll continue to do this.  Pay 500k, 750k or even 1M now for young players but hopefully sell on for 10m, 15m plus etc.  It’s all a PSR game but at least we’re wise to it.

I don’t necessarily like it this way but needs must unless the rules change. 

I kind of heard something slightly different.  I mean we are doing that and we are making good money.  No question.  But the way Damien said it sounded like that was not the prime reason for having an Academy and that bringing through a local kid and putting them on the pitch at VP was a dream.  I dunno - it feels like for say Chelsea it is a pure money making scheme but that as a club we've still got that slightly more idealistic / romantic "Roy of the Rovers" type dream that PSR (or whatever is is called at any point in time) gets in the way of.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allani said:

I kind of heard something slightly different.  I mean we are doing that and we are making good money.  No question.  But the way Damien said it sounded like that was not the prime reason for having an Academy and that bringing through a local kid and putting them on the pitch at VP was a dream.  I dunno - it feels like for say Chelsea it is a pure money making scheme but that as a club we've still got that slightly more idealistic / romantic "Roy of the Rovers" type dream that PSR (or whatever is is called at any point in time) gets in the way of.

Oh I agree totally and think it is our dream to bring our own talent through to the first team. However, we’re clearly protecting ourselves by signing young talent and hopefully turning a profit on them in the future. 

• Like 1

Never heard of him, ergo assume it's just another load of PSR type nonsense. Will be flogged in a year or two without having played anything. Meeting some homegrown criteria on the cheap.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Never heard of him, ergo assume it's just another load of PSR type nonsense. Will be flogged in a year or two without having played anything. Meeting some homegrown criteria on the cheap.

It's not. it's poaching a top underage talent from another premier league club hoping he's good enough to make it. This happens all the time and some of these players end up making it, most don't (*see Louie Barry). 

2 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Transfer news ain't what it used to be. You're telling me he used to be in our academy and we haven't got a "Former Villa player linked with SHOCK return from Man City" article out of it, smh my head.

Perfect Birmingham Mail click bait

52 minutes ago, useless said:

Signing if it happens feels like it has a number of similarities to the Sousa signing, that one felt like it could happen because we had tried to sign him previously, and obviously the WBA connection, and this one with his previous connection to us, always seemed like it could potentially happen, and I wouldn't be surprised if we've tried to bring him back before now as well, also both have a similar profile, similar age, both at big clubs, doing well, neither had had a loan yet, we sent Sousa straight out on loan, and I think we could possibly do the same with Taylor

Also similar to Rogers who was a local lad before he moved away to join City. It seems like a deliberate strategy by the club, going back to local players we have good knowledge on and offering the chance to move back to the area now we have a better academy set up and are generally operating at a much higher level than we were before. Morgan Rogers has shown how quickly the value of some of these lads can change in the right circumstances, from £1m to £10m in six months and now £30-40m+ six months later, I doubt we are expecting Taylor to develop as rapidly but it feels like a low risk gamble considering the potential growth especially on these ex Man City kids, there are so many of them who are now worth loads.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Palmer had actually played for City, this guy hasnt played a single senior minute for them.

So im assuming, not close?

A sprinkle of magic Unai dust and he’ll be ready. 

Cole Palmer didn't Germany City minutes but went to Chelsea for a huge fee as he was expected to be in their first team.

I can't imagine this kid joins our first team squad unless we're really concerned about depth and he doesn't need to be registered, but depth is the problem we've been fixing all year.

Struggle to see an outcome that isn't a loan for him this year. Maybe to West Brom? Assume being close to home again is one of the reasons he's come back

7 hours ago, imavillan said:

Birmingham lad. Is he one of our own?

He was 14 when he left, so too soon to know if he would be drinking in town or not. 

8 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Kane hates da Vile mate

Dad works JLR and was at Wembley when Taity had that SOTV shirt  

Will not help them lot up the road at all ,agent Kane mate

Wants to play in front of 60k in the Wagner Dome

mate

Hide contents

No idea to be honest  

Of all the day in, day out bollerx on this forum, it's this kind of gold that keeps me coming back!

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â