Kane Taylor

Wes

57 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Listen to the commentary again but with an Alan Partridge voice saying the words....  I think it is "joyous on the eye" that does it.

Edited by allani
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Tell us more! (Please).

Left when was 14, we got peanuts for him, the club were very disappointed. He's gone on to play regularly in Man City's u21s and for England age groups.

It will be interesting to see what the fee looks like but he'll be around the first team squad I would imagine. He'll definitely get minutes this season.

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

he would count as A List association trained but that irrelevant to us as we have loads of them.

He wont count as A List club trained, which is where we are actually short (over 21 and trained by the club for 3 years).

The assessment period for club trained players is trained for 3 years between ages of 15-21 so if we sold him aged 14 then he accumulated nothing towards being a club trained player at villa previously, and now he's too old to ever to accumulate the 3 years in the future

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

Left when was 14, we got peanuts for him, the club were very disappointed. He's gone on to play regularly in Man City's u21s and for England age groups.

It will be interesting to see what the fee looks like but he'll be around the first ream squad I would imagine. He'll definitely get minutes this season.

Really surprised you say that. 
Have you seen him much at City? Where do you think he development wise compared to some at the club already K Young for example

9 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

The assessment period for club trained players is trained for 3 years between ages of 15-21 so if we sold him aged 14 then he accumulated nothing towards being a club trained player at villa previously, and now he's too old to ever to accumulate the 3 years in the future

yeah, so doesnt and wont meet the A List club trained criteria.

Signing if it happens feels like it has a number of similarities to the Sousa signing, that one felt like it could happen because we had tried to sign him previously, and obviously the WBA connection, and this one with his previous connection to us, always seemed like it could potentially happen, and I wouldn't be surprised if we've tried to bring him back before now as well, also both have a similar profile, similar age, both at big clubs, doing well, neither had had a loan yet, we sent Sousa straight out on loan, and I think we could possibly do the same with Taylor

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Really surprised you say that. 
Have you seen him much at City? Where do you think he development wise compared to some at the club already K Young for example

He's getting on for 20, it makes no sense for either party to come here to play more u21 football. I've seen bits and bobs (not pretending to be a Kane Taylor expert here) but he has got a lot to his game and a poise about him. Might go straight off to one of our favoured loan clubs, who knows.

Kadan Young is naive and raw  different positions really, so hard to make a comparison.

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

It will be interesting to see what the fee looks like but he'll be around the first ream squad I would imagine. He'll definitely get minutes this season.

Interesting following on from Damien's comments yesterday about selling Academy players destroying part of the spirit of football and risking losing the "he's one of our own" chant from the terraces.  Looks like we've got one back into the fold.  Interesting to see whether he goes out on loan or we keep him around the main squad for a few months to get a proper look at him in training and decide the best pathway for him.

Purely looking at our first team squad, I find it hard to see where he would get minutes unless it's in a Fin Munroe end of season situation.

Onana Tielemans McGinn Barkley Barrenechea for now, Kamara back later this year, Bogarde still here as it stands as direct competition.

I think he'll go on loan.

2 minutes ago, allani said:

Interesting following on from Damien's comments yesterday about selling Academy players destroying part of the spirit of football and risking losing the "he's one of our own" chant from the terraces.  Looks like we've got one back into the fold.  Interesting to see whether he goes out on loan or we keep him around the main squad for a few months to get a proper look at him in training and decide the best pathway for him.

We’ve been hoovering up and investing in young talent for a while and from the comments yesterday, we’ll continue to do this.  Pay 500k, 750k or even 1M now for young players but hopefully sell on for 10m, 15m plus etc.  It’s all a PSR game but at least we’re wise to it.

I don’t necessarily like it this way but needs must unless the rules change. 

26 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Frustrating! We're signing a lot of 19 yr olds at the moment. I guess we've got quite a haul of players with potential already that will have been with us 3 years when they're 21 and it's a balancing act of waiting for them to develop or gambling at a younger age

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Seems a good young prospect, local lad  - I wonder what the money on this one will be like.

Next years Ramsey replacement?

Barkley/McGinn successor could be another way to look at it.

Wasn't Rogers meant to be Ramseys replacement? lol

Basically, i'm tired of you lot selling JJ 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Oooooofff that 25% sell on clause is pretty steep. This is how Man City game the system. They get so much passive income from all these sell on clauses 

Chelsea model as well.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Barkley/McGinn successor could be another way to look at it.

Wasn't Rogers meant to be Ramseys replacement? lol

Basically, i'm tired of you lot selling JJ 😂

Yeah JJ will be Rogers replacement next summer 😉😂

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â