Black Myth: Wukong

JoshVilla

Currently in chapter 2. Really enjoying this so far. Combat is fun, bosses are a decent challenge without being too much (so far), and it's visually stunning.

• Like 1

On 23/08/2024 at 17:32, Designer1 said:

First phase open with a forward dodge when he jump attacks then immediately use the 'Blue Baby' ability as he lands. Then use the immobilise and then Red Tides straight away. He should only have half health by then and use timed dodges to get him down to second phase.

Second phase, timed dodges (quick succession for most of his attacks) then bait his lunge attack and get in a heavy attack. Once Immobilise and Red Tides are back up use them immediately.

Try tweaking your points around if you're having issues with a particular boss. The game is very flexible when it comes to messing with your build.

How I have complete numerous soulsliike games and yet I'm still stuck on this ###### boss?  It's just ridiculous.  I've swapped up my skills and changed stances and still getting screwed 2nd phase. This is not fun tbh 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

Currently in chapter 2. Really enjoying this so far. Combat is fun, bosses are a decent challenge without being too much (so far), and it's visually stunning.

Hit Chapter 3 last night. I struggled initially on the C2 final boss but once I tweaked the build and grinded an extra couple of levels they went down.

After finding the layout and design of Chapter 1 to be a bit Cookie Cutter, Chapter 2 really kicks the game into gear with its areas and additional powers/items etc.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, dubbs said:

How I have complete numerous soulsliike games and yet I'm still stuck on this ###### boss?  It's just ridiculous.  I've swapped up my skills and changed stances and still getting screwed 2nd phase. This is not fun tbh 

Ah man that's a bugger.

Have you tried grinding a few levels? It doesn't really take too long and can make a huge difference.

I found the second phase of that fight was all about baiting that one main thrust attack that he does from afar. Once you can see when he's going to do that, you can dodge and it leaves him open for a few attacks.

Edited by Designer1

50 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Ah man that's a bugger.

Have you tried grinding a few levels? It doesn't really take too long and can make a huge difference.

I found the second phase of that fight was all about baiting that one main thrust attack that he does from afar. Once you can see when he's going to do that, you can dodge and it leaves him open for a few attacks.

I think I'm at level 22 at the moment so I'm already op due this boss.  Typically I was just kinda getting into the swing of it and visitors show up so I had to turn it off 😂

7 hours ago, dubbs said:

I think I'm at level 22 at the moment so I'm already op due this boss.  Typically I was just kinda getting into the swing of it and visitors show up so I had to turn it off 😂

Similarly to what @Designer1 said above, I found that the best way to get past the second phase was to keep distance, be patient and just bait certain attacks that are easier to dodge. Also used Immobilize whenever I could.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally did it. After 3 days of on and off facing this b###### he's done!  Then did the gold headed giant and in onto the black wind boss now.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Finally did it. After 3 days of on and off facing this b###### he's done!  Then did the gold headed giant and in onto the black wind boss now.

Nice one! 😁

• Thanks 1

Final boss of Chapter 4 is a nightmare.

However, it looks like (as with certain other bosses) there is a secret area in the level with a hidden boss who drops an item which helps immensely.

I'll be giving that a go next time I'm on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Final boss of Chapter 4 is a nightmare.

However, it looks like (as with certain other bosses) there is a secret area in the level with a hidden boss who drops an item which helps immensely.

I'll be giving that a go next time I'm on.

And he's down 😄

Chapter 5 next.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Finished the main story.

Going to have a look at the trophies for the Platinum and see if I want to have a crack at that. Unless there's some ridiculously obscure ones I probably will.

Very good game and I'm glad I changed my mind about picking it up.

Ps. After Chapter 4, it gets waaaay harder (Ken.gif).

Edited by Designer1

Currently in chapter 2, world seems more open now so I'm guessing there will be more secret areas to discover with additional bosses.  A few more mechanics have opened up so it looks like things are just getting started!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

Can I just say...

Reveal hidden contents

Tiger Vanguard in Chapter 2. You are an utter word removed

I'm currently at this stage. A few times for him to get low heath and he then goes medieval on my ass!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

I'm currently at this stage. A few times for him to get low heath and he then goes medieval on my ass!!

He's brutal. I finally got past him after what must have been 20 odd attempted at least. 

Similarly to the Whiteclad Noble, a lot of it was learning the moveset, being patient and not over committing when you get an opening. Use Immobilize when you can, and use Guangmou to get some poison damage in too.

Re. Tiger Vanguard.

I respecced and added maximum points into the Pluck of Many ability.

They absolutely melted the prick.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Powered through a bit this afternoon. Now onto the yellow wind sage.  

Make sure you have the special item from the secret area and boss.

Otherwise he's a right word removed.

9 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Make sure you have the special item from the secret area and boss.

Otherwise he's a right word removed.

I believe I have it 😉 had a couple of goes without it equipped and I can confirm he is indeed a word removed!!

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â