Stories of the smooth-brained

Rob182

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Someone (baggies fan) tried to make cheese on toast in our work toaster once. Somehow hoping the vertical slices of cheese would defy gravity. The toaster got taken away after that. Thinking about it, she was the same person that ruined the dishwasher by putting loads of fairy liquid in it, instead of a tablet.

This seems like a failing at the interview stage of hiring :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Someone (baggies fan) tried to make cheese on toast in our work toaster once. Somehow hoping the vertical slices of cheese would defy gravity. The toaster got taken away after that. Thinking about it, she was the same person that ruined the dishwasher by putting loads of fairy liquid in it, instead of a tablet.

Sounds like the people who tried to heat up some milk in the kettle

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The morning before an England game at a major tournament we were allowed to wear England tops to work so we could go to the pubs after work to watch the game.

My favourite England top was dirty so I washed is quickly, ironed it wet and hung it in front of the gas fire to dry.  It was really wet so I put it really close to the fire as I had no time.  Yep, set the bastard on fire.

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

Me and my friends, about 35 years ago, caught a bloody big Pike and we realised it would be a hassle to carry it back. So they sent me on my moped to drive home (about 15 minutes) to get something to carry it in. I drove home, fiddled around with something and drove back and met up with my friends, realised that I had failed in my sole purpose of bringing along something to carry the pike in.

Still get reminded of this from time to time, very helpful

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Sounds like the people who tried to heat up some milk in the kettle

As a 14 year old I did once have the bright idea of trying to make pasta in the kettle, as the hobs weren't working.

Didn't go quite as well as hoped.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

As a 14 year old I did once have the bright idea of trying to make pasta in the kettle, as the hobs weren't working.

Didn't go quite as well as hoped.

Some bloke did a youtube video once where he made an entire meal in a hotel room just using the kettle (noodles cooked in the kettle) and iron (bacon). I'm not sure he will have got his deposit back. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

I find the trouser press, if you're lucky enough to have one, works better for bacon. The iron will be OK for a fried egg but you have to find some way to balance it upside down so that the plate lies flat. Beans you can do in a mug and then fill the sink around it with boiling water from the kettle, before poaching your sausages in there of course, and that should get them warm enough. Don't forget to bring sachets of condiments from the Wetherspoons in the airport on the journey out (assuming you're in a hotel abroad) and you should be pretty much good to go. For the black pudding just drink a few pints of Guinness before bed the night before and fish a bit of your turd out the bog. Job done, literally.

This is quite possibly my favourite post on VT ever. 

• Thanks 1

I once tried to make mocha coffee in the filter machine, by mixing cocoa powder with the ground coffee. 

It clogged up the machine good and proper. 

• Like 2

My brother in law when he first moved away from home in the late 70's bought one of those boil in the bag meals that were popular in those days.

Put it in the boiling water for 10 minutes.  Took is out, opened the packet and then tipped what was hot powder onto his plate.

Turns out he'd bought a dehydrated meal, not boil in the bag.

• Sad 1

When I was young and dumb I once put a squirt of washing up liquid into the washing machine as we’d run out of washing liquid. 
The kitchen floor was covered in bubbles.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â