The Lower Grounds 2024/25

villa4europe

On 31/08/2024 at 05:28, cb_82 said:

What a joke, my brother is 40 just before the Ipswich game and i thought the same that i would do the bolt on as a treat - Probably 6 of us at £60/£70 each missed out on straight away, advertise it properly and times up over the season and your missing out on tons of extra revenue 

It's staggering the decision that we make off the pitch, genuinely get a fan or 2 in there for feedback there are plenty that would work for free as in come down to the ground for a few hours and point out the basics and share fan experience

I've had an email from Event Masters in town and they are offering the Lower Grounds for £99+vat pp for Everton and Bournemouth games so £237 a pair compared to Villa charging £290 a pair for said fixtures. So £50 cheaper! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I've had an email from Event Masters in town and they are offering the Lower Grounds for £99+vat pp for Everton and Bournemouth games so £237 a pair compared to Villa charging £290 a pair for said fixtures. So £50 cheaper! 

So we are not allowed to resell season tickets and have to sell it back to the club but If you buy GA+ you can? Mmmmmmm

2 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

So we are not allowed to resell season tickets and have to sell it back to the club but If you buy GA+ you can? Mmmmmmm

Sorry not sure if my hungover brain has registered, You can only officially re-sell your ST back to the club for any game I believe?

I think you can still reassign them to other people but would need to contact them directly to give there client reference numbers to make that change. 

On 31/08/2024 at 05:28, cb_82 said:

What a joke, my brother is 40 just before the Ipswich game and i thought the same that i would do the bolt on as a treat - Probably 6 of us at £60/£70 each missed out on straight away, advertise it properly and times up over the season and your missing out on tons of extra revenue 

It's staggering the decision that we make off the pitch, genuinely get a fan or 2 in there for feedback there are plenty that would work for free as in come down to the ground for a few hours and point out the basics and share fan experience

They know what they're doing. They don't care.

• Like 1

The model of adding on a premium experience is always tricky, especially where you can't buy any ticket for certain games without a history.  Typically food/beverage experiences are linked to the seat you actually buy.

I don't think adding on the LG as a premium is a viable option, though I get the desire for it. I think that the new fan zone over in the former player parking section is the club trying to accommodate this a bit. They could also do a similar experience in the Holte Pub though as a bolt-on for existing ticket holders.

(This is again my bid to be hired to run concession planning at Villa Park, where I'm going to copy the Brighton model and open up a section of the grounds after certain games where I will continue to have food and beverage vending for 2 hours after the end of the match, open to the public).

Edited by 479Villan

36 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

The model of adding on a premium experience is always tricky, especially where you can't buy any ticket for certain games without a history.  Typically food/beverage experiences are linked to the seat you actually buy.

I don't think the Lower Grounds are linked to specific and fixed areas of seating, I think they fit you in where they can in the areas that are most likely to have spaces - so essentially in the Upper Trinity for the most part.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think the Lower Grounds are linked to specific and fixed areas of seating, I think they fit you in where they can in the areas that are most likely to have spaces - so essentially in the Upper Trinity for the most part.

Last year they had "kind of" reserved sections, Doug Ellis near the Holte, Upper Trinity towards North Stand were both in play in pretty large blocks.

49 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Last year they had "kind of" reserved sections, Doug Ellis near the Holte.

That's interesting, those are the seats they used to keep for youth players and their families, I guess they don't get those anymore. 

17 hours ago, Kingman said:

Interesting, just checking their site and Wolves are up at £169. I know it's a "derby" but must be in a similar tier to Everton. Maybe they just have more power to reduce the price when sales are low than the OS? 

I'll be keeping an eye on the site anyway!

Doing this for the Bournemouth game in October.

I think it's worth it if you spend the whole time there. Our plan is to get there as early as possible and make the most of the offerings while watching the early kick off

• Like 2

On 02/09/2024 at 05:28, HalfTimePost said:

Interesting, just checking their site and Wolves are up at £169. I know it's a "derby" but must be in a similar tier to Everton. Maybe they just have more power to reduce the price when sales are low than the OS? 

I'll be keeping an eye on the site anyway!

Must be working in conjunction with the club to mitigate shortfalls as there would be uproar if the club reduced prices after they had sold plenty at full price and now have them reduced because we can't shift them

Just seen Event Masters are also now advertising The Champions League Packages as well. 

£1078 a pair for Bayern Munich, Nothing on Villa website yet for Lower Grounds Champions League Packages 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

I used Lower Grounds last season for me and my daughter - it was a good experience, and it was full. I wasnt totally able to exploit it as I might with mates, but the facility and experience is good. It is expensive but I accepted that and would use it again. The seat was in the upper middle of the Trinity Road stand, and I would guess the LG capacity is 500+?

I am on a different page to many ST holders and my views on this are very different. For me a Season ticket is a now a privilege available to a few, giving a right to a ticket for a season at a discounted rate to GA, the quid-pro-quo being you agree to buy a full season. But the perks are discounted price, guaranteed entry, a regular seat and access to cup games, but thats it - why should there be anything over and above this? For me there is a lot of misplaced entitlement.

The reality of the new terms for ST holders on the Lower Grounds is likely that it was an experiment last season, it was successful, and they have 500+ seats in GA earmarked for customers willing to pay a premium for an enhanced match day experience - they can sell a GA seat for the equivalent of say £100 as part of a £165 price of entry, but only have limited space in the LG so why sell a space as a bolt on to ST holders when they are already captive, and forgo the additional revenue of the associated seat? Its commercial sense - why offer a further perk to a ST holder at a cost to the club?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I am on a different page to many ST holders and my views on this are very different. For me a Season ticket is a now a privilege available to a few, giving a right to a ticket for a season at a discounted rate to GA, the quid-pro-quo being you agree to buy a full season. But the perks are discounted price, guaranteed entry, a regular seat and access to cup games, but thats it - why should there be anything over and above this? For me there is a lot of misplaced entitlement.

The reality of the new terms for ST holders on the Lower Grounds is likely that it was an experiment last season, it was successful, and they have 500+ seats in GA earmarked for customers willing to pay a premium for an enhanced match day experience - they can sell a GA seat for the equivalent of say £100 as part of a £165 price of entry, but only have limited space in the LG so why sell a space as a bolt on to ST holders when they are already captive, and forgo the additional revenue of the associated seat? Its commercial sense - why offer a further perk to a ST holder at a cost to the club?

Agree with your first paragraph.  

The second paragraph is just maths though. If a normal ticket is £50 and LG ticket is £150, then why not allow a season ticket holder to Bolt-On for the exact price difference (£100). No need to offer it at a discount. The club will receive exactly the same money either way.

On 02/09/2024 at 08:04, Stevo985 said:

Doing this for the Bournemouth game in October.

I think it's worth it if you spend the whole time there. Our plan is to get there as early as possible and make the most of the offerings while watching the early kick off

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it as my missus is desperate to go to a game and I think I might need to bite the bullet and go LG as I have no booking history at all for a seat only.

Did u book online  ?

4 hours ago, ender4 said:

Agree with your first paragraph.  

The second paragraph is just maths though. If a normal ticket is £50 and LG ticket is £150, then why not allow a season ticket holder to Bolt-On for the exact price difference (£100). No need to offer it at a discount. The club will receive exactly the same money either way.

It’s a valid point, I am not familiar with the detail on ST pricing and current LG tickets so dont know the difference. It might be that ST holders are deemed captive so there is a risk of not reselling the ST seat when LG might be over subscribed? 

Interestingly I have been offered the same LG experience via an independent sports hospitality company for business’ and they charge about a £100 premium on top of what I seem to be able to get via the club website. Lots of mystery in there.

I’m so confused by all of the offerings now and the GA+ stuff? What the hell is it all? I haven’t been to VP in a good few years now. I want to go and watch some games asap - especially see some of the champs leagues ones. But I have no idea what I’m entitled to due to my lack of booking history. 

Edited by Tayls

Tech help needed from android users !!

Bought a ticket for Bournemouth game, email received as confirmation but when  trying to add to Google wallet, I get this error and it makes no sense to me:

(My Google wallet permissions seem all ticked as they should)

Screenshot_20240904_200950_Chrome.jpg

Edited by mottaloo

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it as my missus is desperate to go to a game and I think I might need to bite the bullet and go LG as I have no booking history at all for a seat only.

Did u book online  ?

Yep. Well a friend of mine did, I just handed over the money 😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Tech help needed from android users !!

Bought a ticket for Bournemouth game, email received as confirmation but when  trying to add to Google wallet, I get this error and it makes no sense to me:

(My Google wallet permissions seem all ticked as they should)

Screenshot_20240904_200950_Chrome.jpg

It says "try again later".

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â