Next unread message glitch

theboyangel

Question

I've noticed on both mobile (Apple iPhone using a Safari IOS browser) and desktop (using a Microsoft Edge browser) versions of the website that the next unread message function appears to be glitching. 

It takes a while to load the page but is then usually directed to the previously read message thread and on clicking on the next unread message button again, you get directed back to the previous message thread (which hasn't been updated) you had just come from and so on. 

I also regularly get the unable to find messages window too despite there being plenty of unread messages in the topic folders. (I note that the threads I have read were still showing as having new content, despite having just read the final message - if that makes sense!) 

This appears to be across all the topic folders (Villa related, Other Football, Off Topic etc) 

I have cleared my cache and cookies and still the same issues.

using WiFi 

4 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I've noticed on both mobile (Apple iPhone using a Safari IOS browser) and desktop (using a Microsoft Edge browser) versions of the website that the next unread message function appears to be glitching. 

It takes a while to load the page but is then usually directed to the previously read message thread and on clicking on the next unread message button again, you get directed back to the previous message thread (which hasn't been updated) you had just come from and so on. 

I also regularly get the unable to find messages window too despite there being plenty of unread messages in the topic folders. (I note that the threads I have read were still showing as having new content, despite having just read the final message - if that makes sense!) 

This appears to be across all the topic folders (Villa related, Other Football, Off Topic etc) 

I have cleared my cache and cookies and still the same issues.

using WiFi 

Yes i am having this issue too

Does it just fix itself after a while? I assume it does or you'd never see new content.

I suspect it's related to the occasional short outages that we are seeing. I've reported these.

Just now, limpid said:

Does it just fix itself after a while? I assume it does or you'd never see new content.

I suspect it's related to the occasional short outages that we are seeing. I've reported these.

it appears to have cleared up this morning after it glitching overnight (and typically reporting it to you!)

thanks

• Like 1

A patch has been deployed. I don't know if it will fix this.

If someone finds a way to reproduce it on demand, that would be really useful.

I'll leaver this open for a month just in case.