Things that were acceptable only recently but now aren't

sidcow

Posted (edited)

Just to stop hijacking my other thread any more.

My dad used to drink drive all the time.. Still sees no issue with it even though he can't drive anymore.

Letting your dog shit all over the pavement and just leave it. 

These are things that within my lifetime have gone from everyday occurrences to absolutely unacceptable in today's society. 

Any more? 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just to add, I've already mentioned elsewhere about my friend who had to be born in a special hospital for unmarried mothers as her mum wasn't allowed to go to a regular hospital with married mothers. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

Shitting on the pavement is a good un, I’ve had to stop doing that because of the funny looks I get.  Another one you mention is drink driving. Hitting your kids?  Noncing ? Casual racism ? Gay bashing ? Touching up women in pubs ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Shitting on the pavement is a good un, I’ve had to stop doing that because of the funny looks I get.  

Sorry, are you talking about you or the dog? 

joe-rogan-surprised.gif

• Haha 1

Smoking in restaurants, on buses and on planes. 

Leaving children in the pub carpark with crisps and pop. 

Playing football in the street with street lights as floodlights. 

Squeezing 4 adults, 4 children andva baby into a car with no seat belts. 

Opening train doors whilst the train was still moving. 

• Like 1

Slapping female work colleagues on the bum at the photocopier.

Its political correctness gone mad. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Letting your dog shit all over the pavement and just leave it. 

Can you please tell this to the people on my estate? The gits are always leaving it.

Being a paedophile at the BBC is not quite as acceptable any more, it's now a problem if the media finds out.

Smacking kids, rightly so.

Mansplaining.

Voting Tory.

not wearing a seatbelt. it's something we have no problem now insisting on if on the way to the footy someone in the back doesn't have theirs on whereas once upon a time it might have been seen as 'uncool' or something to ask your mate to put it on. perhaps that's just an age thing...hopefully youths these days do similar

Yeah. On my birthday my parents would take about 10 of my mates to the cinema. My dad's Cortina Estate would have 5 across the back seat and 6 in the boot.  We'd fight to ride in the boot. 

All the parents knew the travel arrangements. It just was seen as normal. 

I've smoked in the office.. But only after 5.00. A bit like baby David, if people wanted to work beyond then that was up to them.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah. On my birthday my parents would take about 10 of my mates to the cinema. My dad's Cortina Estate would have 5 across the back seat and 6 in the boot.  We'd fight to ride in the boot. 

All the parents knew the travel arrangements. It just was seen as normal. 

used to sit on my dad's lap and he'd let me operate the steering wheel

just on a quiet road of course or going around the drive thru of maccies...we weren't on the motorway or anything...still something you wouldn't see these days though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've smoked in the office.. But only after 5.00. A bit like baby David, if people wanted to work beyond then that was up to them.

slightly before my time this...remember the days where you could smoke on trains though

now who on here is old enough to have had a ciggy on a plane?

Just now, tomav84 said:

slightly before my time this...remember the days where you could smoke on trains though

now who on here is old enough to have had a ciggy on a plane?

I used to smoke upstairs on the bus. And in pubs obviously. 

Banning smoking in pubs was the best thing ever. You'd totally stink on a night out and in some venues you could hardly see your hand in front of your face. 

They said it would kill the pub when they banned smoking but look at the amazing outdoor areas many have now with far more customers than they could serve inside. 

Turns out the death of the pub was actually people stopping drinking so much. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â