UK Immigration and Population

sidcow

Barry Island beach today will have coaches of visitors from the Midlands. Those people from Wolverhampton and Dudley will be having the kiss me quick experience, sat on the sand with their packed lunches, trying to resist the kiddy pressure to buy a £5.99 bucket and spade. It’s been like that for 100 years. Except now, for the last couple of decades those Midlands bus trippers are predominantly of Asian origin. Someone doing a survey of Whitmore beach could very likely get a stat that it’s 25% Asian on that one beach.

Meanwhile, walking distance away, I’m sat eating a £1.50 cannoli with my flat white in a nice cup, and there are 3 electric Volvos being charged and all the other people here appear to also be tourists, but Dutch. Looking around, this is pretty close to 100% white.

I don’t think it’s that Asian mum’s and dads don’t like pebbles. I don’t think it’s that the Dutch don’t like chips. I think this beach has EV charging points, and the other beach has paper cups. We’re being filtered by budget, not religion.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Fan of blackpool i take it 😂

Sadly I spent quite a boit of time there because our IT providers had their HQ in Lytham. 

Most of the children in Blackpool are called "Oi".  

Oi! Put that down. 

Oi! Come here. 

Oi! Stop it.

58 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

back on topic, yeah, harsh dropping people in Blackpool!

Well, yes definitely. It’s a shithole, mostly. A poor one too, with loads of hotels and pretty poor infrastructure. And that’s where they’ve been placing these immigrants, while their cases are sorted out. It’s the same story in a lot of the run down, neglected Northern towns. They’ve become dumping grounds for immigrants, presumably because a) they are cheap and b) because they’re not the sort of places where the Tories think their voters live, so upsetting the locals didn’t concern the (then) government. You can kind of understand why the residents feel ignored, let down and angry, to an extent. But the anger shouldn’t be directed at the refugees, they’re even worse off than the residents. The anger should be directed at the Home Office and last government for what they (haven’t) done.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

We’re being filtered by budget, not religion.

Spot on.  

This is why we tend to get "ghetto" areas.  The poor take the poor/cheap housing.  The better off move out.  

I live in a very middle class area.  There are a few people who are not white.  But they are doctors, solicitors etc.  

These are accepted by the locals because of their status and wealth. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Some "useful" nformation available on here:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/census/maps/choropleth/identity

Can look at districts by ethnic group or religion for example. 

But back on topic, yeah, harsh dropping people in Blackpool!

1 hour ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Census 2021 population maps

Have a play around on there mate 👍

Edit: just seen that @Brumstopdogsbeat me to it 

Thanks guys ill will have some fun with this later

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, blandy said:

Well, yes definitely. It’s a shithole, mostly. A poor one too, with loads of hotels and pretty poor infrastructure. And that’s where they’ve been placing these immigrants, while their cases are sorted out. It’s the same story in a lot of the run down, neglected Northern towns. They’ve become dumping grounds for immigrants, presumably because a) they are cheap and b) because they’re not the sort of places where the Tories think their voters live, so upsetting the locals didn’t concern the (then) government. You can kind of understand why the residents feel ignored, let down and angry, to an extent. But the anger shouldn’t be directed at the refugees, they’re even worse off than the residents. The anger should be directed at the Home Office and last government for what they (haven’t) done.

Can't find the source now, but I'm 95% sure that I'm correct in saying that Blackpool has both the highest proportion of children on child protection plans and the highest proportion of registered sex offenders in the country. We've been using the most deprived parts of the country to sweep problems under the rug for a very long time 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i get that - i think the point i was trying to make (not very well i might add) is the percentages of the above for smaller regions like london.

Of the 6% of the muslim community i do wonder how much is in the south in comparison to the north. If i was making a prediction i would say there is more in the south than the North. Up north there seems to be more white people than down south.

I could be completely wrong mind you

Yeah, Bradford is famous for hardly any ethnic minorities. 

And are you classing Birmingham as South? 

According to Wikipedia (I know) Birmingham is 49% white and Manchester 57% white taken from 2021 census so not a huge amount in it. 

Why is this of concern though? A lot of people seem to be worried about this. 

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, blandy said:

When I've seen the news reports of the people sent down and they say they live in X street in Y town, just out of interest I've looked up the roads of Google maps street view and they've all been clearly poor areas. 

It's a very small sample but it's enough to show me these rioters were clearly amongst the poorest people in the country. So, yes will first hand experience the deterioration of their local areas and services, whilst accommodation costs are rocketing and seeing immigrants posted into their communities. 

You can see how easy it would be for the million/billionaire right wing agitators to whip them up. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

When I've seen the news reports of the people sent down and they say they live in X street in Y town, just out of interest I've looked up the roads of Google maps street view and they've all been clearly poor areas. 

It's a very small sample but it's enough to show me these rioters were clearly amongst the poorest people in the country. So, yes will first hand experience the deterioration of their local areas and services, whilst accommodation costs are rocketing and seeing immigrants posted into their communities. 

You can see how easy it would be for the million/billionaire right wing agitators to whip them up. 

I noticed this with several of the videos where arrests where made at home, it’s always poorer / council estate areasZ

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i get that - i think the point i was trying to make (not very well i might add) is the percentages of the above for smaller regions like london.

Of the 6% of the muslim community i do wonder how much is in the south in comparison to the north. If i was making a prediction i would say there is more in the south than the North. Up north there seems to be more white people than down south.

I could be completely wrong mind you

Have you ever been to say Blackburn, Bolton, Manchester, Leeds, Bradford and god knows how many other towns and cities I can’t be arsed to name?
Go there and then tell us the North is full of white people :D 

As usual, you are completely wrong :crylaugh: 

Nobody burned down a golf club, it was shoezone, citizens advice, greggs. The areas with a Waitrose appear to have been largely unaffected.

Poor people told for generations that poorer people are the problem.

Poor people with the basic education and health provision sufficient to make them ok for crap jobs and soldiering. Trouble is, the guys that have been here a good few generations think they deserve a home, whereas the new arrivals will live ten in a house. 

Ten in a house increases landlord yield and reduces wage demand at the workplace. When the state religion is GDP and the devil is inflation, things begin to get a bit tight for Wayne and Julie.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Poor people with the basic education and health provision sufficient to make them ok for crap jobs and soldiering. 

You've just reminded me of the Mickey Flanagan story of going to see his careers officer at school and saying he wants to be a van driver. The careers officer scoffs at him and tells him this school is not here to produce van drivers. This school is here to produce the people who carry the stuff to the vans. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You've just reminded me of the Mickey Flanagan story of going to see his careers officer at school and saying he wants to be a van driver. The careers officer scoffs at him and tells him this school is not here to produce van drivers. This school is here to produce the people who carry the stuff to the vans. 

Our careers advice was one part of one lesson.

The advice was, if your dad has a job, get him to ask his boss if they can get you a job.

The comp I went to was there to find a rugby player, if there was no chance of you being that rugby player, you didn’t even have to turn up. That really isn’t very much of an exaggeration. Any interest or ability in anything beyond rugby was an inconvenience to them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, Bradford is famous for hardly any ethnic minorities. 

And are you classing Birmingham as South? 

According to Wikipedia (I know) Birmingham is 49% white and Manchester 57% white taken from 2021 census so not a huge amount in it. 

Why is this of concern though? A lot of people seem to be worried about this. 

Not a concern at all. Im curious at the numbers that's all

Brum is midlands but as i said earlier i find brum and london to be most of the multicultural cities in the uk

2 hours ago, blandy said:

They been dumping a load at a closed hotel near me for im sure its been 12 months now. So i think its not just up north

Tories made a mess of it still waiting to see what labours plan is on this

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Brum is midlands but as i said earlier i find brum and london to be most of the multicultural cities in the uk

Haha this is funny. Liverpool lays claim to the oldest Black and Chinese communities in the country because it was the gateway to the Atlantic during he slaving years and for over century after.

This southern bubble of your own perception is just strange

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Rochdale, Oldham, Rotherham, Keighley and Blackburn are northern areas with big Muslim populations. Savile Town, a suburb of Dewsbury is 93% Muslim as per 2011census.

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â