UK Immigration and Population

sidcow

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It’s survived how long what makes you think another 200 years will erase it . Also as the world goes into turmoil which is very likely as I don’t see us changing enough to shift the planet into safety I think more people may turn to god .

At this rate in 200 years we won't have time to think about god, we'll think about how to get to Mars or how to avoid the next 50 degree summer.

What's silly is that everyone's contributing, lawns in the UK could be native flower meadows, we could be encouraging farmers to not use herbicides, pesticides and god knows what, but we're not. We're walking into the sunset being selfish ¤#%# while the world is litterally dying around us.

80% of all birds are gone from the UK, same with insects. My great grandchildren probably won't hear birdsong in the forest in May at this rate.

How many of the current Muslim population here drink beer , eat pork , don’t goto prayer etc 

so even if the Muslim population grew massively it’s a big assumption that all Muslims would want to live in the dark ages 

a Muslim Prime minster might open up some interesting questions I suppose , but other than segregation of his wife and mother at his inauguration , I don’t think Yousaf harmed Scotland 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hey @Panto_Villan.

Just to pick up on the point.

How can the UK indigenous population not be falling if the birth rate has been below 2 for a couple of decades now.  And is currently well below 2? 

So I believe fertility rate per woman is currently 1.75, which is below replacement rate but not hugely below it. The TFR is lower (1.49) but is age adjusted, so I think it’s more forward looking.

I think there’s probably two factors at play here. There’s been a general rise in life expectancy, which would lead to a rise in population if births and deaths are evenly matched.

I think the other factor might be the increase in population due to immigration, as the children of immigrants are presumably counted in the UK birth figures.  If each woman has 1.75 children then net migration needs to increase the population of women by ~15% in her lifetime to keep births and deaths equal. And we’ve been running well above that.

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

How many of the current Muslim population here drink beer , eat pork , don’t goto prayer etc 

so even if the Muslim population grew massively it’s a big assumption that all Muslims would want to live in the dark ages 

a Muslim Prime minster might open up some interesting questions I suppose , but other than segregation of his wife and mother at his inauguration , I don’t think Yousaf harmed Scotland 

i think, like many aspects of the bible, this is open to interpretation in the quran and as such many muslims do drink (i have 2 bosses...both muslim...one drinks, the other doesn't)

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It’s survived how long what makes you think another 200 years will erase it . Also as the world goes into turmoil which is very likely as I don’t see us changing enough to shift the planet into safety I think more people may turn to god .

My Grandad was a Church organist. My mother in law was a Sunday school teacher and absolute centre of the Church. 

Neither of our kids have been baptised. 

As I said I know lots of lapsed Muslims and Sikhs. Their kids will be further removed. 

That's not to say the Religions will die out but to say every muslim in the UK will have 3.6 children and other people 1.4 therefore by X year there will be more Muslims is nonsense. They liklihood is they will become more and more Westernised as time goes by. 

Christianity is on the wane. I expect all religions will as time goes by. It will obviously take thousands of years to die out completely. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Christianity is on the wane. I expect all religions will as time goes by. It will obviously take thousands of years to die out completely. 

the Beatles will be more popular than Jesus , that will get @bickster back to church 😀

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Exactly, I know a fair few lads from Muslim families in their 20s and 30s and they seem no different to me really.  I suspect all religions will go the way of Christianity over here and just fizzle out.

Precisely.  2 or 3 generations down the line a lot of people will be like this. 

There will always be hardcores but people tend to splinter away. 

People my age who were second generation immigrants in the main were very different to their parents. Their grandchildren will unrecognisable to a first generation immigrant. 

Edited by sidcow

22 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Very true but unfortunately we will starve under labour people have idea how scarce food will become with the sanctions and restrictions they’ve instilled on the agriculture and fishing industry. One government destroys our health sector the other destroys our ability to produce food.

Blimey that was quick. What sanctions have they introduced to those industries. Its been what, 5 weeks?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Blimey that was quick. What sanctions have they introduced to those industries. Its been what, 5 weeks?

I really couldn't be arsed to pick up on it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My Grandad was a Church organist. My mother in law was a Sunday school teacher and absolute centre of the Church. 

Neither of our kids have been baptised. 

As I said I know lots of lapsed Muslims and Sikhs. Their kids will be further removed. 

That's not to say the Religions will die out but to say every muslim in the UK will have 3.6 children and other people 1.4 therefore by X year there will be more Muslims is nonsense. They liklihood is they will become more and more Westernised as time goes by. 

I did say if the trend was to continue. Who knows what will happen, there’s nothing saying Jesus won’t return to Earth to save us. Think we are heading down the religion thread path. 

• Like 1

I wonder if the Anglo Saxons got all paranoid about the Vikings wondering if they'd all soon be having to go about the place in Longboats and wearing horned helmets.

Still at least us true Brits don't have to speak French after their invasion. I really wouldn't be au fait with that, though we can't be too blasé about it. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Precisely.  2 or 3 generations down the line a lot of people will be like this. 

There will always be hardcores but people tend to splinter away. 

People my age who were second generation immigrants in the main were very different to their parents. Their grandchildren will unrecognisable to a first generation immigrant. 

People think Islam is hundreds of years behind Christianity but in the greater scheme of things it's actually not that really that long since British women were expected to cover their bodies at the beach, homosexuality was illegal, it was only the ConDem government that legalised gay marriage just over a decade ago etc.  Yes the fundamentalists want to live in the dark ages but I can't see that movement gaining any traction with future generations, albeit it might depend on us not going into wars in the middle east.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I did say if the trend was to continue. Who knows what will happen, there’s nothing saying Jesus won’t return to Earth to save us. Think we are heading down the religion thread path. 

Yeah. Do I win a prize for starting a new thread that's been hijacked the quickest? 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

People think Islam is hundreds of years behind Christianity but in the greater scheme of things it's actually not that really that long since British women were expected to cover their bodies at the beach, homosexuality was illegal, it was only the ConDem government that legalised gay marriage just over a decade ago etc.  Yes the fundamentalists want to live in the dark ages but I can't see that movement gaining any traction with future generations, albeit it might depend on us not going into wars in the middle east.

One of my closest friends who is only about 4 years older than me was born out of wedlock. Her mother was not allowed to give birth to her in a normal hospital, she had to go to a special hospital in Moseley for unmarried mothers. She was pretty well forced to giver her up for adoption. 

This is very modern history yet seems worlds apart from social norms of today. Things can change quickly. 

Edited by sidcow

54 minutes ago, sidcow said:

A lot of these assumptions also assume an unbroken line of devout religion. 

I know a lot of Muslims who are completely lapsed.. I know a lot of Sikhs who don't wear turban at all. 

Terry Pratchett would laugh at this conversation eh @Chindie. It's far more likely a lot of current people who describe themselves as Muslim or Sikh or Hindu will see their ancestors absorbed into a new UK multi culture.

Anyone on here who is of long term British White ancestry would have had ancestors going to all sorts of churches 50 to 200 years ago. Now 40% of the population claim no religion. 

Even the blood and thunder rule with an iron rod Presbyterians are in decline. 

They will just be absorbed into a generic UK culture. 

This

There might one day be a day where Islam does overtake Christianity in the UK but when it does both religions will represent something like >10% of the population

Christianity has fell off a cliff, as 3rd 4th 5th generations of Muslims and Sikhs etc enjoy our lifestyle and cultures they will dilute too

And that's a good thing 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Christianity has fell off a cliff, as 3rd 4th 5th generations of Muslims and Sikhs etc enjoy our lifestyle and cultures they will dilute too

And that's a good thing 

Oh absolutely. Religion is shit. I genuinely hate it. Probably responsible for more hate, death, wars, self loathing and repression than anything outside of Twitter. 

• Like 2

And I will add what I said in one of the other threads ...

I do find it funny that the racists who wanted Brexit actually voted against basically an influx of mainly white Catholics coming from eastern Europe have now turned their attention back to brown and black Muslims 

If they wanted to play the percentages game and were worried about the people who represent 2.5% of the population increasing then maybe they shouldn't have voted to prevent more of the 6% coming over...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

And I will add what I said in one of the other threads ...

I do find it funny that the racists who wanted Brexit actually voted against basically an influx of mainly white Catholics coming from eastern Europe have now turned their attention back to brown and black Muslims 

If they wanted to play the percentages game and were worried about the people who represent 2.5% of the population increasing then maybe they shouldn't have voted to prevent more of the 6% coming over...

rain-wedding.gif

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â