UK Immigration and Population

sidcow

On 09/08/2024 at 18:54, tonyh29 said:

How many of the current Muslim population here drink beer , eat pork , don’t goto prayer etc 

so even if the Muslim population grew massively it’s a big assumption that all Muslims would want to live in the dark ages 

a Muslim Prime minster might open up some interesting questions I suppose , but other than segregation of his wife and mother at his inauguration , I don’t think Yousaf harmed Scotland 

Exactly. I've Muslim friends and they're basically just culturally British. I've a Buddhist friend too, also British. 

I think it matters more that we have a culturally unified country. With shared values as much as possible. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, limpid said:

Okay, how can you tell someone's culture by looking at them?

(Although ancestry is a common component of culture.)

You can't on appearance something ive never said btw so not sure why thats being asked

But if you have someone with you who is from that culture who speaks aload of languages they can give you a better idea. So for example i went liverpool with one of my friends who is indian (he is a tamil) he told me in liverpool when we went there was a smaller community in london as he has family there.  I got no reason to question him

29 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Have you been to Leicester or Luton?

London has a higher ethnically diverse population than the rest, but Birmingham is about 48% white, while a place like Leicester is 40% white.

OFNS

Interestingly enough, London has boroughs in both the top and bottom, depending on where you live.

Yes ive been luton it was one of thw two places i experienced racism.  You couldnt pay me to go back there.

Never been Leicester. 

Thanks for sure. I think central london is probably less diverse but outskirts is more diverse.

East london places like stratford are quite diverse communities 

• Like 1

On 09/08/2024 at 18:54, tonyh29 said:

How many of the current Muslim population here drink beer , eat pork , don’t goto prayer etc 

so even if the Muslim population grew massively it’s a big assumption that all Muslims would want to live in the dark ages 

a Muslim Prime minster might open up some interesting questions I suppose , but other than segregation of his wife and mother at his inauguration , I don’t think Yousaf harmed Scotland 

Funny you mention that. One of my closest mates who is a turkish muslim says he is the fakest muslim. He eats pork, drinks alcohol, gambles and doesnt do anything for Ramadan. 

I know a few like that

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I think it matters more that we have a culturally unified country. With shared values as much as possible. 

I agree.

It would be interesting to know what the recent rioters would deem "British values" and what the country would look and feel like if utopia were reached..

I'd be fairly confident their views would differ from mine.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I agree.

It would be interesting to know what the recent rioters would deem "British values" and what the country would look and feel like if utopia were reached..

I'd be fairly confident their views would differ from mine.

They are the minority though. We will always have fringes like that. What matters is the majority share the same core values. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I didnt see that though - i said in my experience ive seen predominantly more white people than compared to london and Birmingham just on personal experience.

Liverpool does feel a lot whiter than other big cities whenever I visit tbf, but then most places do when you're from Birmingham! It is traditionally an immigrant city though, my mom's Irish and a lot of her family have settled in Liverpool

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I would normally post a very level headed sensible post here. However we are no longer allowed to do this in Britain. 

I'm guessing that your second sentence renders the first sentence to be nonsense.

Just now, danceoftheshamen said:

Far from it actually although It's interesting that you would post that ☺️

Nothing that was legal to post 5 weeks ago, a year ago or even ten years ago is illegal now. Your freedom of expression is still protected under article 10 of the Human Rights Act 1998

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Nothing that was legal to post 5 weeks ago, a year ago or even ten years ago is illegal now. Your freedom of expression is still protected under article 10 of the Human Rights Act 1998

I assume he was being sarcastic as Elon is telling the world all personal thoughts and expressions in the UK under Keir Starmer are illegal.

IMG_8564-2883067096.jpg.df6a57699cc82aabad4060dfdb907af4.jpgth-1843274822.jpg.e485d742ff468ffe8a2462bc819bcb99.jpgth-1460028590.jpg.94cc93a1c82044ba3bde7b84c89bafe1.jpg

If you're making the trip to Selhurst Park (change at Balham then Northern Line south 2 stops) or Craven Cottage (270 bus from Putney Bridge) you can see the nearest thing to a model multicultural neighbourhood, ie not like Bradford.
The woman on the right has cracking avocados 😮 

18 minutes ago, Xann said:

IMG_8564-2883067096.jpg.df6a57699cc82aabad4060dfdb907af4.jpgth-1843274822.jpg.e485d742ff468ffe8a2462bc819bcb99.jpgth-1460028590.jpg.94cc93a1c82044ba3bde7b84c89bafe1.jpg

If you're making the trip to Selhurst Park (change at Balham then Northern Line south 2 stops) or Craven Cottage (270 bus from Putney Bridge) you can see the nearest thing to a model multicultural neighbourhood, ie not like Bradford.
The woman on the right has cracking tits 😛

Totally agree with the last bit 

2 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Liverpool does feel a lot whiter than other big cities whenever I visit tbf, but then most places do when you're from Birmingham! It is traditionally an immigrant city though, my mom's Irish and a lot of her family have settled in Liverpool

It is an immigrant city but it’s also very white compared to some big cities . Most of the gangs there are also white which is quite unique. 

27 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Most of the gangs there are also white which is quite unique.

Utter nonsense. I can name and have known many black gangsters, even had run ins with the triads :D 

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Utter nonsense. I can name and have known many black gangsters, even had run ins with the triads :D 

Most shootings there are white on white 

2 hours ago, Xann said:

The woman on the right has cracking avocados 😮 

I’ve been there! Not that it matters 😜

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â