Lutsharel Geertruida

nick76

15 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

Anyone else concerned his defensive stats were worse than Mattys? 

Only if you take them at face value. He plays for a dominant team in the dutch league, therefore his defensive volume stats i.e. tackles/interceptions will be low simply because he has to do such little defending

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Only if you take them at face value. He plays for a dominant team in the dutch league, therefore his defensive volume stats i.e. tackles/interceptions will be low simply because he has to do such little defending

What about Europe out of interest? Feyenoord are more of an underdog certainly in CL and also plenty of matches in Europa league. Interested what his stats are like there.

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What about Europe out of interest? Feyenoord are more of an underdog certainly in CL and also plenty of matches in Europa league. Interested what his stats are like there.

It's a fair callout, I think most people are using FBREF and I'm not sure you can cut the data that way though...

21 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Liverpool rejected a number of offers from Bundesliga teams according Sky Germany and want 20-25 million for him 😂

Doubt Feyenoord splashing that

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Liverpool rejected a number of offers from Bundesliga teams according Sky Germany and want 20-25 million for him 😂

Maybe the Slot appointment at plop may have included a youngster or two heading to feyenoord? 

18 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Maybe the Slot appointment at plop may have included a youngster or two heading to feyenoord? 

Liverpool paid 10 million for Slot, unless Liverpool are cheaper than expected I think that was a fair price

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Unless they've got £20m coming in from somewhere.

Just now, Keyblade said:

His name is awesome, would sign him for that alone

I do like the thought of having a right nasty bastard in defence we refer to as Gertrude.

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Unless they've got £20m coming in from somewhere.

It would crush the Feyenoord transfer record by nearly 15 million for a guy that I dont think I ever saw play for Liverpool

I dont see it

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It would crush the Feyenoord transfer record by nearly 15 million for a guy that I dont think I ever saw play for Liverpool

I dont see it

Numbers in the media are hard to gauge though. 

I like the look of this guy. However, I am beginning to worry about the lack of "steel" at the back. We are amassing many adaptable quality players on the ball but what we lacked last season IMO was a defensive wall type player. Maybe we are just relying on Ty coming back as that guy.

He’s a good player and if we are doing this centre back at right back thing he is better than Konsa.

surely means the end of cash if he comes in

11 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Do you see the irony?

10 hours ago, nick76 said:

Isn’t all the transfer speculation just internet chatter  based on a rumour until something is confirmed by club or player?

Wait till he finds out we are all on the internet right now...

• Like 1

I've heard his name multiple times but never seen him play.

Gotta say I don't think I've ever seen so much unanimous positive reaction to a link on here though 

Must be pretty good;

Watched last season highlights. Never seen CB drive forward in final 3rd so much but guess is Eredivisie. Can play CB RB DM and looks like he was captain often. I like

• Like 3

For me the most interesting thing about this rumour is the player profile. If we brought him in on the assumption Konsa sits next to Pau at CB with Geertruida at RB, and either Maatsen or Digne at left back, that leaves us with a back line of which we don't have a huge aerial presence - aside from the LB they can all do this ok, but aren't dominate. I thought we'd likely look more for a real physical defender to sit alongside Pau, allowing Konsa to sit as a RB in a more reserved role/forming a back 3 which would give us a significant physical profile boost against bigger teams who can target us at set pieces and via high balls.

Maybe Geertruida is just a deal they feel is too good to turn down, or I wonder what the chances are we sign Geertruida, another CB and let Carlos and Cash both leave. I feel like that has potential to massively impact our defence in a positive way both in terms of player quality and profile. Going to hope it's this one!

I'll finish by noting I've heard really good things about this guy and it would be a really promising signing.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â