Lutsharel Geertruida

nick76

Leipzig have wanted him for awhile. Wasn't there reports that he turned them down?

I suspect he was happy to join us and we have been trying to get rid of carlos and/or donk which was holding up the deal. Now we realise this ain't going to happen in time Geertruida is open to moving to leipzig.

This one really hurts. Much more than felix. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Leipzig have wanted him for awhile. Wasn't there reports that he turned them down?

I suspect he was happy to join us and we have been trying to get rid of carlos and/or donk which was holding up the deal. Now we realise this ain't going to happen in time Geertruida is open to moving to leipzig.

This one really hurts. Much more than felix. 

Yep this absolutely kills because our RB needs an upgrade for sure.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, eholm said:

This 100%. Our lack of activity since Onana is purely down to SCR not PSR. Emery has been very consistent in saying that players must leave before others come in.  This, principally, is due to the SCR wage % restrictions we only managed to adhere to by selling Diaby as per Vidigany. 

Any more deals needed a high earner or 2 to leave such as Carlos or Donck. We couldn’t move them quick enough (or at all) to facilitate getting LG for example. 

Any incoming loans will still be significantly restricted by SCR as even if Donck leaves on loan I imagine we will be covering the majority of his salary so SCR is not reduced enough to enable an addition on loan.
Not impossible but unlikely imo. 

This ^ sums up the situation perfectly. 

• Like 1

Spending £20m or more on a player with not a lot of time on his contract before he can talk to others for a free transfer is bad business for me. Nothing for me to suggest that our interest was that high. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, eholm said:

This 100%. Our lack of activity since Onana is purely down to SCR not PSR. Emery has been very consistent in saying that players must leave before others come in.  This, principally, is due to the SCR wage % restrictions we only managed to adhere to by selling Diaby as per Vidigany. 

Any more deals needed a high earner or 2 to leave such as Carlos or Donck. We couldn’t move them quick enough (or at all) to facilitate getting LG for example. 

Any incoming loans will still be significantly restricted by SCR as even if Donck leaves on loan I imagine we will be covering the majority of his salary so SCR is not reduced enough to enable an addition on loan.
Not impossible but unlikely imo. 

What's SCR stand for?

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Spending £20m or more on a player with not a lot of time on his contract before he can talk to others for a free transfer is bad business for me. Nothing for me to suggest that our interest was that high. 

Why though? Genuinely. I don’t see the obsession with players having x amount of time left on their contract. It will likely be harder to sign him as a free agent due to competition. His wages will go up along with a hefty signing bonus I imagine. There’s also the fact that you have to wait another season to get the player you want and IF you need a player in that position you’d then go and spend £20m on someone else (who may have 3 years left on his contract) so what’s the net gain? 

If we want a more established right back right now, we know it’s going to cost us £20-£40m. It doesn’t matter what the contract status of the player is. 

Not a dig at you, I’ve just seen several people mention how they don’t see the value due to his contract. If we want the player, we have to pay what the club want. If they’re ballsy, they ain’t dropping the value and fair play to them. 

• Like 1

Actually baffles me how he can be a priority signing(so the athletic says) and then not signed due to costs. 

If money was so tight why did we rebuy JPB over a new RB?Were we that naive in assuming someone would buy Diego and Donk surely that couldn't be assumed. 

Just seems a super disappointing end to the window and bad transfer strategy planning to me. 

Remember Geertruida was gonna cover CDM aswell do it was OK for Enzo to go on loan?? Yeh that worked out. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Actually baffles me how he can be a priority signing(so the athletic says) and then not signed due to costs. 

If money was so tight why did we rebuy JPB over a new RB?Were we that naive in assuming someone would buy Diego and Donk surely that couldn't be assumed. 

Just seems a super disappointing end to the window and bad transfer strategy planning to me. 

Remember Geertruida was gonna cover CDM aswell do it was OK for Enzo to go on loan?? Yeh that worked out. 

We let Diaby go and signed JPB. The plan was clearly Carlos leaving and Geertruida signing. 

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We let Diaby go and signed JPB. The plan was clearly Carlos leaving and Geertruida signing. 

Given the choice I'd just have kept Iling-Jr as fourth choice wide man or whatever he'd be, and signed Geertruida over Philogene (hypothetically if it came down to either or). Especially as we have Buendia and Ramsey back in the fold.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

What's SCR stand for?

Squad Cost Rules. It’s UEFA’s equivalent of PSR but focuses on wages vs turnover. At present the maximum allowed is 80%. This the reason we sold Diaby as Vidagany confirmed. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, eholm said:

Squad Cost Rules. It’s UEFA’s equivalent of PSR but focuses on wages vs turnover. At present the maximum allowed is 80%. This the reason we sold Diaby as Vidagany confirmed. 

So the Donck loan out could help us (if it happens)?

57 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Given the choice I'd just have kept Iling-Jr as fourth choice wide man or whatever he'd be, and signed Geertruida over Philogene (hypothetically if it came down to either or). Especially as we have Buendia and Ramsey back in the fold.

Getting Philogene for £13m when others were bidding £18m for him was too good a deal to turn. We'll likely see that value go up from playing in the prem and then can bank profit next summer if needing to sell (which many expect we will need to do)

4 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Getting Philogene for £13m when others were bidding £18m for him was too good a deal to turn. We'll likely see that value go up from playing in the prem and then can bank profit next summer if needing to sell (which many expect we will need to do)

Is he going to get enough game time to increase his value though? Time will tell.

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

So the Donck loan out could help us (if it happens)?

I don’t think the deal would be enough mate as I imagine we would still be paying large proportion of his wages. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â