Lutsharel Geertruida

nick76

14 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Romano in the mud again. Played the fans for clout and engagement. 

you would hope people wouldnt be a big fan of Greenwood biggest cheerleader and unfollow the scumbag

11 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

That's the thing though. We don't know if it would have allowed us to bring someone in. We've probably pushed for more to allow us to bring in more and if they don't happen then we're still left with good players in Carlos and Duran who helped us get to 4th place.

It's far more complex than how us fans discuss ins and outs, that's for sure. 

I completely get the disappointment in not moving on players we want out and bringing in better but I completely understand that there's going to be reasons why beyond what the media slings us.

Absolutely agree 👍 

We of course will never know the ins and outs - I still think back to missing out on Juninho in 1999!

I guess we are on this forum because we are villa through and through and we have our opinions!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

Just a thought, but am I the only one who thinks that Chalobah on loan would be a much better use of our PSR restricted finances than Geertruida for  a fee that is far more than he's worth?

Suggested this the other day but I think Geerty would've clearly been first choice RB whereas Kosta would be able to compete against Chalobah. For that reason, some won't like it but it could be a sensible move.

Couple loans to reinforce what we have and we'll be done

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Correct. Never stated I was ITK, I'm not. I said it wasn't going to happen. I further explained why by stating we wouldn't be able to shift the likes of donk. 

Fair play mate 👏  Didn't see all your posts but did see a couple stating we would struggle to shift players with a few days to go making the transfer unlikely. 

I had more hope it was possible but **** t, we move on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, _AA_786 said:

Suggested this the other day but I think Geerty would've clearly been first choice RB whereas Kosta would be able to compete against Chalobah. For that reason, some won't like it but it could be a sensible move.

Couple loans to reinforce what we have and we'll be done

The financial issue we have might be more the % of wages to revenue for European competition so we may not be about to do loans anyway so not getting Geerty may also mean no loan either as loan wages may count in the UEFA calculation even if paid as a fee to the parent club.

• Like 1

I think people are going a bit OTT for a player that could have easily flopped in this league and crucially have probably never bid for him. He is pretty much unproven outside the Dutch league and some of the Feyenoord goals conceded so far this season has had him in dodgy positions

Our season wont be successful or a failure based on signing him or Felix

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The financial issue we have might be more the % of wages to revenue for European competition so we may not be about to do loans anyway so not getting Geerty may also mean no loan either as loan wages may count in the UEFA calculation even if paid as a fee to the parent club.

Fair point, it's also probably in part why we've gone younger this summer. Younger and generally cheaper wages

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think people are going a bit OTT for a player that could have easily flopped in this league and crucially have probably never bid for him. He is pretty much unproven outside the Dutch league and some of the Feyenoord goals conceded so far this season has had him in dodgy positions

Our season wont be successful or a failure based on signing him or Felix

More concerned that (it seems) Emery wanted them and we couldn’t get it done.  Not because Emery would leave but because he thinks they would be important for us this season.  He’s not asked for the world yet we haven’t been able to provide for him.  That’s my sadness.

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

More concerned that (it seems) Emery wanted them and we couldn’t get it done.  Not because Emery would leave but because he thinks they would be important for us this season.  He’s not asked for the world yet we haven’t been able to provide for him.  That’s my sadness.

I think Unai knows it will be tough but he is calm and I think our plan was to get CL this season not last season and by jumping the gun we have these issues

Carlos can still do a job at centre half and Konsa can play right back.  It's the back line that played when picking up 9 points against the top 2 last season 

It's shit but hardly the end of the world !  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Carlos can still do a job at centre half and Konsa can play right back.  It's the back line that played when picking up 9 points against the top 2 last season 

It's shit but hardly the end of the world !  

Yep Cash is only going to miss about 3 games and maybe Mings will return to a good level

Worse does come to the worse later on Kamara has played centre back at Marseille and Donk at Wolves

Still think we will be in the market for a right back, especially with Unai's tweaks and us wanting full backs again. He's stated he's happy keeping Ezri at CB. More games for Ned in the short term. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

spacer.png

@GingerCollins29 Take a bow.

Ginger Collins put his neck out there with a calculated risk based on zero information mostly out of stubbornness and determination to stick to his guns.

Fair play this time though... It could have gone either way 😂

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ginger Collins put his neck out there with a calculated risk based on zero information mostly out of stubbornness and determination to stick to his guns.

Fair play this time though... It could have gone either way 😂

*GingerCollins29

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Is it a possibility that perhaps we were never in for Geertruida?

I cannot believe that we could not have sorted that kind of money if we had wanted him.

I doubt all of Matt Maher, Romano, Percy and The Athletic would have separately spoke of Villa being in for him if that were never the case.

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

I suppose one good outcome may be that people will be more sceptical of Fabrizio Romano’s pronouncements in future.

Why? Because he called exactly the situation a month ago?

Seems a strange one to doubt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Graeme Bailey has absolutely played some fans, probably a Leeds fan on the wind up

Middlesbrough. Probably mad that we pinched Rogers from them.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â