Lutsharel Geertruida

nick76

I honestly don’t know what to think. I’m amazed we are so hamstrung that we can’t sign one more player to the team who we clearly need and who by the sounds of things wants to come here.

Guess we can’t do anything but just accept the situation. It is what it is but you can’t not be disappointed given all our rivals are allowed to bring in who they want. The only other team that seem to be struggling for signings like us is Newcastle. 

Maybe just maybe we decided what they were asking for a player with 10minths left on his contract just wasn’t worth it and that better not splurge the cash for the sake of it … 

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Maybe just maybe we decided what they were asking for a player with 10minths left on his contract just wasn’t worth it and that better not splurge the cash for the sake of it … 

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and speculate to accumulate. Especially as it’s a weak part of the team and he’s make us considerably stronger.

We were quite happy to splurge on Maatsen and Onana (more than the other interested teams were) so I’m not sure why we wouldn’t do it for this guy. But there must be a reason and I’m guessing not being able to sell the deadwood has cost us.

Can't we just loan him view to permanent? 

Even if he has to sign a small extension at Feyenoord. 

Everyone else borrows from next season but we hardly ever do. 

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Shame

I'm not sure Tanswell has any new info: I think we've known for a while that this move is dependent on us getting Carlos out of the door, so in a way, nothing's changed other than the deadline is now looming.

7 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

I'm not sure Tanswell has any new info: I think we've known for a while that this move is dependent on us getting Carlos out of the door, so in a way, nothing's changed other than the deadline is now looming.

Tanswell is just speculating. Hasn’t added anything new here. The priority was reducing the squad size first. There’s still time to make stuff happen. 

10 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Full circle back to…

spacer.png

I know, meanwhile Chelsea after spending well over £200m so far are currently negotiating for Sancho and Osimhen yet we can’t get a RB. 😂

• Like 3

It's because we couldn't shift Carlos. The whole deal really hinged on that. We tried to find a way with him staying but seems like the offer for Dendonker salary isn't enough to make room for Geertruida. 

Ah well. We go with what we've got. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It's about that time when a good conspiracy theory would sure help explain a thing or two for me with this entire transfer window. So much more comforting than the truth: Villa don't have the revenue yet to give us the transfer flexibility and market power we want, and that's just not going to change in one year. It sucks. It really does. But there you have it.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611tfwxr2aldcifvaxunk

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Just now, CVByrne said:

What's worst is he'll join another team after all of that. Which is gutting tbh

Just like when we finished 6th. He’s not signed for anyone yet. 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I know, meanwhile Chelsea after spending well over £200m so far are currently negotiating for Sancho and Osimhen yet we can’t get a RB. 😂

lol I don’t understand. Someone make it make sense!

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Just like when we finished 6th. He’s not signed for anyone yet. 

True but Jacob is doubling down on it. So kinda think he's right on this one

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's because we couldn't shift Carlos

If that's the case, I'm glad it didn't come off - adding a fourth right back but giving up our number two right sided centre back would have been very risky. 

If we'd shifted Carlos, we'd have need a centre back as well as Geertruida.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If true can't believe how much these bullshit rules have made us struggle.

Isn't that pretty much their purpose?

*hides underneath tin-foil hat

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â