Lutsharel Geertruida

nick76

25 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

We need to raise 30 mill is this because of PSR because lucky we spend lucky 10 million net spend.

Is this code? Are you Dr Tony with a Nokia 3210 texting from fraudster prison? 

Edited by Rob182
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Should have a accepted Fulham's offer for Carlos if we're desperate to sign this guy. 

We probably would have had to book a loss and thus wouldn't have been able to sign him. Loan Fee + wages covered is needed at minimum Id say. 

15 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

This for me.

He looks great, but we could sign a pre-contract with him in 4 months, and get him for nothing for next season.
I know we have a need now; I know the potential riches we could get; I know a free transfer means higher wages and signing on bonus, and I know it isn't easy getting him for free next year  - but that's a lot of money to pay for one extra season. 

I wonder if Slot might have him on the list to replace TAA who as it stands is leaving Liverpool on a free in nine months.

I think that's why we might have to pay more now to get him rather than run the risk of him being on a free and having much more interest. He may also break fully into the Dutch team within the next year which would increase interest.

If Percy is reporting this now there's clearly a desire to get this deal done but we will have to move someone out so would assume Donk is a prime candidate here.

37 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Going down to the wire on this one. Could be up there with Philosopher claiming PSR had nothing to do with Dougie leaving for the whole saga or whatever it was.

I hope we do sign him. Good player. We wont shift donk or Carlos so it won't happen

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Fab with a "who's a tap in merchant now" wink....

At this late stage I'd be uncomfortable with selling Diego tbh. Yes we can say Geertrudia can fill in at CB but playing them in Holland and Prem is totally different standard and it seems for Feyenoord's big euro games he always played at RB.

It defeats the object of strengthening at RB if we then just play him anywhere but that position.

Konsa, Pau and then Bogarde and Mings who's not played in over a year with still no return date is simply not good enough for a CL + Prem campaign so I expect Diego Carlos to stay until January given his move to Fulham didn't happen.

Donk and given Kamara could be back in November I think Enzo to Valencia on season loan is credible.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

He is just saying he has reported this for a while too.

It's smart from us and a necessity. We can't fall foul of the squad cost rules. It's easy to calculate as only annual. Carlos is a large cost as is Dendonker. We need to remove a good chunk of that cost to find room.

Combined they cost around £20m per year. Geertruida will cost about £10m per year. So we need to free up space before we add. 

• Like 2

I think it's fairly safe to say, we are interested.

when the trees reports from BHX is the time to get excited.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

At this late stage I'd be uncomfortable with selling Diego tbh. Yes we can say Geertrudia can fill in at CB but playing them in Holland and Prem is totally different standard and it seems for Feyenoord's big euro games he always played at RB.

It defeats the object of strengthening at RB if we then just play him anywhere but that position.

Konsa, Pau and then Bogarde and Mings who's not played in over a year with still no return date is simply not good enough for a CL + Prem campaign so I expect Diego Carlos to stay until January given his move to Fulham didn't happen.

Donk and given Kamara could be back in November I think Enzo to Valencia on season loan is credible.

fair point.

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We probably would have had to book a loss and thus wouldn't have been able to sign him. Loan Fee + wages covered is needed at minimum Id say. 

These guys we have, know what they are doing.....I'll just sit and wait, knowing they will do their best.

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's smart from us and a necessity. We can't fall foul of the squad cost rules. It's easy to calculate as only annual. Carlos is a large cost as is Dendonker. We need to remove a good chunk of that cost to find room.

Combined they cost around £20m per year. Geertruida will cost about £10m per year. So we need to free up space before we add. 

This is how I see it too 👍

Of the two I'd far rather lose Donk as we could do with the CB coverage. However I'm not sure either will be easy to shift or pull in anything significant funds wise. Hopefully Monchi has those other 6-7 back-up options on standby just in case we start getting very close to the deadline

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Emery did put Onana at CB for a preseason game because Carlos got a red. So you could argue Onana is an emergency option if needed.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

These guys we have, know what they are doing.....I'll just sit and wait, knowing they will do their best.

Guessing we don't want to be caught in a situation.where we have to sell one of our assets on the cheap again like with Luiz so i trust in them and if we can't make the deal happen so be it.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

This is a myth that he's a RB and not a CB. He's a Gomez type and fully comfortable in both positions. Played lots of games in both positions. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Emery did put Onana at CB for a preseason game because Carlos got a red. So you could argue Onana is an emergency option if needed.

Depends on opposition. Could get away with doing that v Leicester but I'd rather not try it away to a Bayern Munich or Real Madrid.

I guess the club are looking at it as Pau has had a full season's rest and so his injury problems are behind him as he was rarely out at Villareal but all it takes is a collision with a post as we lost Konsa for 3-4 games from that last year.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

We are progressing nicely, we need put behind us, emergency options moving forward.

Onana needs to be slotted in to his expected position to galvanise the team, not to be shifted around. That way he can settle in quicker.

We are talking in terms of trying to make space for an incoming player, it seems contradictory to be then saying, players have to be deployed in alien positions, as emergency measures.

We need to keep players in their best positions, to maximise points.

I am not in favour of moving players around as makeshifts, I think we should have moved past those days and in to a more settled format.

Edited by TRO

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

He’s posting cryptic messages on Instagram. Is he sending messages to VTers 😁

Ahh not another bloody god botherer.  Geertruida out.

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â