Lutsharel Geertruida

nick76

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is he a press guy or just some random social media journalist? I see he has a blue tick but that dosen't really signify much these days. ...

Indeed.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Why do I get the feeling this transfer isn't going to happen?

because we cry Wolf too often on these links Sheepy? 😉😂

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

because we cry Wolf too often on these links Sheepy? 😉😂

I just have that "Half empty glass" feeling. Think he would be a great asset too. I will never be fully convinced that Cash is good enough for the level we're aspiring to.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Really? Similar age to Maatsen, on fringes of Dutch 11 just like Maatsen. Also started a European final in May 2022.

35m is the ballpark figure clearly for the full backs we want but then plenty of CL sides sign ones for 50m.

but he is out of contract in 2025 so its a bit high price wise

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

but he is out of contract in 2025 so its a bit high price wise

This for me.

He looks great, but we could sign a pre-contract with him in 4 months, and get him for nothing for next season.
I know we have a need now; I know the potential riches we could get; I know a free transfer means higher wages and signing on bonus, and I know it isn't easy getting him for free next year  - but that's a lot of money to pay for one extra season. 

11 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

This for me.

He looks great, but we could sign a pre-contract with him in 4 months, and get him for nothing for next season.
I know we have a need now; I know the potential riches we could get; I know a free transfer means higher wages and signing on bonus, and I know it isn't easy getting him for free next year  - but that's a lot of money to pay for one extra season. 

The main problem is, multiple other clubs could also do the same.

Sometimes it's about the opportunity cost 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OLDVILLAN said:

I have an aunt called Gerty..she is 96 years of age and not the image i want when i am  watching the villa 🤣

Any pics ? I'm not fussy, as long as she isn't either......

• Haha 1

Catching up with the forum, has there been any further clarity on the potential fee?

Heard everything from £30m to £43m. Some of it may be people getting the GBP/EUR confused. Should the fee get to around €43m, then agree with a few others that that's pretty chunky considering we will still have some financial restraints next summer. 

IF and a big IF...  we can get Disasi or Chalobah on loan for the season without an obligation to buy, then I'd probably go for them and then try to get Gerty on a pre-contract in January. If we can't get one of them, then we probably need to go for Gerty at that price and then tailor next summers plans accordingly. No point trying to be too cute. We should strengthen any way we can and then give this season a real go as the other top 4 challengers all have weaknesses too. It's defo up for grabs again

1 hour ago, _AA_786 said:

Catching up with the forum, has there been any further clarity on the potential fee?

It's all coming from one Twitter journo clown with no credibility 

Chalobah is trash 

Top 4 placing is up for grabs as it is

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Surely he doesn't leave on a free giving his relationship with the club and fans. He would surely want them to get a fee for him

I'm not all that convinced the fans would be that bothered should he run down the contract. The owners, however, may well see it a different way. 

Fee is the issue with this one. Most of everything else has been sorted out. Playing chicken with Feyenoord toward the end of the window and hope they get nervous.

Seems it has been somewhat expedited with the Cash injury and now the haggling has begun. Feyenoord aren't budging at the moment.

26 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Fee is the issue with this one. Most of everything else has been sorted out. Playing chicken with Feyenoord toward the end of the window and hope they get nervous.

Seems it has been somewhat expedited with the Cash injury and now the haggling has begun. Feyenoord aren't budging at the moment.

ah, the ring of truth

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â