Lutsharel Geertruida

nick76

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

A RB who can handle CB duties is basically tailor made for Emery's system, and it's a purchase we need to make as Cash just isn't quite good enough for where we aim to stay. If the money is there, do it.

Same as Watkins who was steep.

If it's the right player, who will contribute for 4-8 years, price becomes less and less important.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well originally the reports were around 30 plus add ons. Either way I don’t think this is way too expensive regardless of the contract situation. We are also in a tight spot ourselves depending on how you look at the cash situation so I’m sure that probably is playing into it. But hey, if there’s a guy you really want you get him unless it’s a truly outlandish price.

That’s fair… if the club think he’s worth the cost then we should go for him - especially if he’s going to improve us to the degree we believe…

Quite like the idea of taking relatively young & prized possessions from clubs, particularly a captain/leader… it’s time for him to take that next step.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frodo said:

They don't won't to sell or need to sell so its going to be a big fee to get him out of Feyenoord .... 

They do kind of need to sell or they risk losing him for nothing in 12 months. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Most signs seem to point to say he'll sign a new deal if they don't sell him so they won't lose him for free

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Was reported he'd sign a new contract if he doesn't end up leaving so technically Feyenoord holds all the cards either way.

16 minutes ago, OLDVILLAN said:
  • Lutsharel Geertruida..how the hell are we going to make up fan songs with that name...im going to call him "Bob" for short if he does sign.

His names are 3 syllables apiece, come on man 🤦‍♂️

Loot-sha-rell Hair-trow-da 

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Don’t really care what Feyenoord fans think. I’m focused on what our scouting department. Fans aren’t the best barometer when objectively judging players.   

Just look at the fans here on VillaTalk to prove your point.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Bailey has spelt his name wrong there 

Plausible deniability when properly spelled player doesn't sign.

40 minutes ago, OLDVILLAN said:
  • Lutsharel Geertruida..how the hell are we going to make up fan songs with that name...im going to call him "Bob" for short if he does sign.

I already did, to the tune of Dear Prudence, by the Beatles-

We're on the up

The Claret and Blue

We're Aston Villa 

And so are you

Geertruida 

Won't you come out to play

😃 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The only thing viral I am aware of is the stuff my daughter coughs at me after a day at nursery.

I am 40. I barely hide my contempt for social media.

I here you! I don't even have social media, so I never know what people are talking about.

1 hour ago, OLDVILLAN said:

“There’s only one Lutsharel Geertruida”

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â