Lutsharel Geertruida

nick76

28 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I don't disagree - Maatsen is a superb signing. But if the window closes and we've an injured Cash and Ned is the only other option at RB other than moving Konsa there then I feel this should've been prioritised over LB.

I guess the point I'm making is more in relation to whether there's money left to sign a RB.

I get where you're coming from but at the same time, our left hand side has 2 30+ year old players compared to 2 -30 year olds for the right hand side. Maatsen could potentially command that position for a decade and only just be dropping from his prime. 

If we went for the right first, we'd have potentially missed out in strengthening and seriously reducing the age of our LB.

We're obviously doing all we can to wheel and deal and whilst the right hand side was the weaker in the short term, the LB spot would have been more so over time as Digne is solid but isn't the bombing full-back of previous years and Moreno has lost pace since his injury.

I'd respect Graeme Bailey more if he used a South Park version of himself as his avatar as opposed to that weird thing he's got going on there.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I think he used to be an OK source especially for when we signed young players but sadly not a great source these days. Him and that Pete O'Rourke are as bad as each other

14 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

If its that close something usually come out from the dutch journos...

Well a couple weeks ago a Dutch journo said he was confirmed to Villa so I would take them with a grain of salt too.

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Not a great source and probably just regurgitating existing reporting on this

It’s not a regurgitation, he says we’ve agreed a fee, personal terms agreed and the player set to fly in. That’s loads more than has been reported previously.

However, you are right, he is not a great source unfortunately.

Ordinarily, Geertruida for £35m would seem reasonable.

But, with one year left on his deal, seems a bit pricey…

We need him though and I think he will improve us but I’d be surprised if the fee was that high.

10 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Way too high? Nonsense 

Last year of his contract and Feyenoord fans think they are robbing us if true

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â