Lutsharel Geertruida

nick76

13 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I wonder why it was felt to be excessive to have three left backs but we are now aiming to have three right backs instead?

I don't think it is that unusual to have 5 centre-backs though if you look at it that way. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

I wonder why it was felt to be excessive to have three left backs but we are now aiming to have three right backs instead?

That’s one way of looking at it.

The other is we have one young potentially great right back that needs a couple of years but can challenge and contribute now but we still need a top 4 calibre right back right now.

Oh yeah, and we have a right back that is a lovely guy but is basically always giving  away penalties or playing the opposition onside and needs to be sold asap. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Because Ned is 18. He's in the same boat as Iling Jr. A player who is for the future and needs to go on loan. At the moment we can't loan him out because there's no cover for Cash other than moving Konsa out from his best position. 

I think Cash is too comfortable at the moment. Probably thinks Ned isn’t going to threaten his place right away and Konsa is needed in the middle. Signing Geertruida might force him (and his agent) to consider whatever last minute offers come in for him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Because Moreno has a much higher wage than the likes of Ned. Unai trusts in his players and probably wanted Alex and Sam to get game time. RB is more of a priority than the the other flank. 

It usually goes very quiet before Villa sign someone. I sincerely hope it’s this guy as he is needed!

Because one would a right back / centre back hybrid, one is an 18 year old and only one is a “normal” standard right back. It’s obviously not the same as having 3 senior standard left backs. 

• Thanks 1

In the shirt, claret and blue
Our new right back, our number 2
Geertruida, won't you come out to play?
Geertruida, on Ezri Konsa's right.

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

d5ead85146001741a48f8610b864cf0f.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

Because Ned is 18. He's in the same boat as Iling Jr. A player who is for the future and needs to go on loan. At the moment we can't loan him out because there's no cover for Cash other than moving Konsa out from his best position. 

Not really, Ned has a better capabilities and succeeded already and high levels. He’s done well in the CL. However this isn’t the main point, he plays in our weakest position and add different dimension and pace to that position. While Iling plays in 3 position but each one of them there are 2-3 players better than him there. If we didn’t get Jaden then he had to stay. I don’t think Ned being 18 is an issue, I think it’s the other way round. Our issue is Cash, get Geertruida and sell Cash. Then if we want to attack from the right bring Ned. 

On 22/08/2024 at 14:49, Mazrim said:

Thought that was a shit version of the Matty Cash spirit in the sky tune at first. Got it now, not bad.

Personally, I would love to have Geertruida come to Villa. He would be excellent cover & competition for CDM, CB & RB with a player who is 6'1", has pace, decent technical ability, excellent passing ability, etc. I am not a huge fan of either Cash or Carlos for where we are currently, so to have someone either replace them in the squad or in the pecking order, I would be delighted if that was Geertruida. 
The only slight concern I might have is how much it would block Bogardes path to the first team as he is pretty similar to Geertruida, only a lot faster. Although he is still rough around the edges, so maybe not quite a threat to the position full time, so it wouldn't stop me wanting us to bring him into the club.

25 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Who is interested in Carlos though?

Still Fulham or 

Back when he was first reported to be available, there was mention of Saudi clubs… not sure if any Spanish clubs were … Fulham was the main one.

Maybe Palace? Or West Ham (used to play for Lopetegui).

• Like 1

As much as I love Nedeljkovic, this might have just become something that we need to force through if cash is a long term absentee

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â