Lutsharel Geertruida

nick76

2 hours ago, supermon said:

Cash and Geertruida with Digne and Maatsen is where we need to be aiming for. Kosta maybe needs to go on loan

Totally agree with you here. Kosta is literally the youngest defender in the league and although he has high potential, I'd like to see him go to a good Championship level club for the season if Geertruida comes in. 

If he performs well, we could then look at Cash's situation at the end of the season. If we have Kosta and Geertruida next season, that give us a real nice variety of playing styles. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Biskitt said:

Totally agree with you here. Kosta is literally the youngest defender in the league and although he has high potential, I'd like to see him go to a good Championship level club for the season if Geertruida comes in. 

If he performs well, we could then look at Cash's situation at the end of the season. If we have Kosta and Geertruida next season, that give us a real nice variety of playing styles. 

That probably makes the most sense if we do sign a new first  choice.

Another consideration is he will end up 'homegrown at club' for Europe if he doesn't go on loan for the next 3 years. Admittedly, the club may well feel this isn't a concern at all with the amount of talented youth we've been buying.

21 minutes ago, Biskitt said:

Kosta is too good for Championship. Waste of time sending him to some random club there. He's going to stay around and learn here.

Geertruida is coming in only if Carlos is sold. Simple as that

• Like 4

If we’ve been able to sell Archer with 15m, I doubt Cash would cost less than 20m. If we can sell him with 25m for example then that’s probably the Geertruida cost with less wages probably. 
I would keep Carlos (if no CB lined up), until next window. That would keep Konsa as an RB choice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Feel like where he's playing is not as big a news as the fact that he is playing.

Not as close to being done as we'd like you'd have thought.

Or maybe the Joe Gomez links have something to them

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Feel like where he's playing is not as big a news as the fact that he is playing.

Not as close to being done as we'd like you'd have thought.

Or maybe the Joe Gomez links have something to them

Might not be close at the moment but i think moreno played a match for betis and then signed with us a couple days after. Things can move quickly.

8 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Kosta is too good for Championship. Waste of time sending him to some random club there. He's going to stay around and learn here.

Thanks Monchi

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Said in the other thread, he's 18 years old, just moved to England, not a clue if that's his mom on the clubs socials if she's here with him or cos of Brexit she's not allowed, guessing the club will have found him somewhere to live, dunno if he speaks English, if he drives etc etc etc

And people want to send him to the likes of Boro for the year? Decent club, on paper good move for him but let the boy settle and enjoy himself first, take care of him, dont send him off out of sight to the far flung corners of the country just so he can kick a ball more often and "man up" a bit

If we buy geetruida then ned will still get games or he moves to the u21s, don't ship him out 

• Like 1

On 08/08/2024 at 05:02, nick76 said:

So he's a clear upgrade over Cash going forward, but maybe a little worse at defending, certainly no better.

If we're going to upgrade at RB, I want a defensive upgrade. Maybe Unai can improve him, and to be fair, I haven't seen him play, but based on the stats, I'm not sold yet.

45 minutes ago, TomC said:

So he's a clear upgrade over Cash going forward, but maybe a little worse at defending, certainly no better.

If we're going to upgrade at RB, I want a defensive upgrade. Maybe Unai can improve him, and to be fair, I haven't seen him play, but based on the stats, I'm not sold yet.

You do know Cash defensive statswise shits all over both Liverpool FBs (just one example)?

Edited by Kiwivillan

58 minutes ago, TomC said:

This guy seems like the perfect Unai player though. And I think the stats (as much I love me some stats) are a bit misleading regarding his defensive abilities.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

You do know Cash defensive statswise shits all over both Liverpool FBs (just one example)?

I agree, stats aren't everything...that's why I admitted that I haven't seen Geertruida yet.

That said, I have seen Cash play, and I don't think that he's a bad one-on-one defender. He's been up against Ronaldo, Mbappe, and Messi without embarrassing himself. His real weakness is his occasional concentration lapse, which has caused him to lose his mark at the back post, ruin the offside trap, or concede a dumb penalty. I have never questioned that better RBs are out there. I just want a clear defensive upgrade if we're going to upgrade. He's not as bad as some people around here think.

Edited by TomC
  • Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â