Lutsharel Geertruida

nick76

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

A Striker going doesn't free up space for a defender. This signing is tied to Carlos leaving.

Unai said yesterday we have to reduce the squad size to bring in players 

29 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I don't think that's a thing, that you can only replace someone with a player in the same position.

Yeah it doesn’t work like that 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

A Striker going doesn't free up space for a defender. This signing is tied to Carlos leaving.

Squad size is just a number isn't it? I know balance is key but there aren't any rules per se for which positions get a certain number of "slots" for example. At least thats how I understand it.

2 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Squad size is just a number isn't it? I know balance is key but there aren't any rules per se for which positions get a certain number of "slots" for example. At least thats how I understand it.

Correct. It’s just numerical. The only rules to comply with are that it cannot contain more than 17 players who don't meet "home grown" rules. 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/102383

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Don't undertsdand your thinking here...care to expand?

29 minutes ago, eholm said:

Don't undertsdand your thinking here...care to expand?

Yes Striker is a different position to Defender. They have an area called midfield between them also. 

27 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yes Striker is a different position to Defender. They have an area called midfield between them also. 

So what are wingers? (Asking for someone called Stevie, who doesn’t know, he talks funny too!) 

29 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

(rolls eyes) Really don't understand the need for sarcasm....it was a genuine question....why is is so difficult to have adult conversations/discussions anymore?

30 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Unai said yesterday we have to reduce the squad size to bring in players 

I think this was more a proxy for wages than about the actual number. To complete with SCR we need to stay in line with the budget for player costs, id imagine from a wage perspective it sort of means one out before one it (else you risk not registering someone in your european squad)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â