Lutsharel Geertruida

nick76

21 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Konsa will have to play at CB this season, we've lost the flexibility that allowed him to play most of last season at RB where he was excellent.

The problem we have is that we'll have four players very capable of playing at Right back, three excellent Left backs, three right sided CB's (if Carlos stays) albeit it with one of those likely to start at right back and only one left sided CB until some time in October.

The questions aren't really about whether we're happy that Gertie can play RCB or Konsa can play RB - they're about whether we're happy having either of them at LCB when Torres is unable to start a game - and I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with that.

Last season we lost Mings and replaced him with Lenglet - for a third of this season at least we'll have neither and we don't seem to have any sort of replacement in mind.

Seems like a problem with a Hermoso shaped solution that requires two (or even all) of Carlos, Cash, and Moreno/Digne to leave.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

So is Carlos the hold up in this deal because regardless if he leaves and he comes in we're still short.

We’re not short, we got 1 injured. Who will be back in a couple of months. 

but yes, Carlos is the hold up… as the squad is already too big as it is 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Seems like a problem with a Hermoso shaped solution that requires two (or even all) of Carlos, Cash, and Moreno/Digne to leave.  

I think if Carlos leaves we keep Cash, that gives us four players for the two right sided positions in defence. I suspect the club had Moreno marked for the exit but for whatever reason he hasn't gone yet, I think he'll go at some point in the window. I think Carlos and Moreno out, Hermoso and Gertie in gives us a better balance. Essentially, we need one more centre back and one less left back - that Gertie is primarily a RB is almost a bonus.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

What happens until then. And he is bound to get niggly injuries when back.

We have Konsa, Torres and nothing else really until November really if Carlos goes. That's insane.

Anyone could get niggly injuries, do we need to sign a left back in case Digne gets some niggles? Noo we got too many, and someone isn’t getting game time. 

it will be the same if we sign a CB to cover Ming’s layoff. At some point, one of mings or the new chap isn’t going to get enough game time. And we have an unhappy player that we can’t sell, because they haven’t played enough. 

Also, our squad is already full and over capacity… this is why Carlos leaving is the trigger to get Geertruida

one in one out

Maybe if Moreno and Dendonker leaves too, we might have squad room for another versatile CB on top of Geertruida

Edited by CarryOnVilla

5 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Regardless Mings still question mark when he will be ready and banking on him is a risk. We lost Lenglet to don't forget.

Lenglet, was actually there to cover Mings, who at the time wasn’t playing again all season. 

8 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Cash and Carlos leaves. Geertruida joins. CB on loan. Maybe Chalobah.

CB loan is a possibility if cash also goes, but seems Chelsea need Chalobah sold, for PSR

Edited by CarryOnVilla

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Anyone could get niggly injuries, do we need to sign a left back in case Digne gets some niggles? Noo we got too many, and someone isn’t getting game time. 

it will be the same if we sign a CB to cover Ming’s layoff. At some point, one of mings or the new chap isn’t going to get enough game time. And we have an unhappy player that we can’t sell, because they haven’t played enough. 

Also, our squad is already full and over capacity… this is why Carlos leaving is the trigger to get Geertruida

one in one out

Maybe if Moreno and Dendonker leaves too, we might have squad room for another versatile CB on top of Geertruida

Having 4 players at CB is not a bad idea surely. Can't see how you don't get that.

Torres

Konsa

Mings

New

If Carlos goes.

Having 3 starting left backs obviously must change. 

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Having 4 players at CB is not a bad idea surely. Can't see how you don't get that.

Torres

Konsa

Mings

New

If Carlos goes.

Having 3 starting left backs obviously must change. 

I think you gone a different angle to me. 

I’m arguing for this.. Torres and Konsa as our starting CBs, and Mings and Carlos/his replacement as back up. 

it’s the need for another to cover Ming’s injury is the difficult part. Squad size, PSR and the potential of having too many CBs when Mings comes back. 

• Like 1

Villa still need to improve 1st team with 3 quality players. A CB, a 10 and a midfielder who can break teams down.

As it stands at the moment Villa's season in the CL will be a short one while top 4 won't be repeated.

However after Monchi's statement I'm still confident those players will be signed in the now new financial year!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, striker said:

Villa still need to improve 1st team with 3 quality players. A CB, a 10 and a midfielder who can break teams down.

As it stands at the moment Villa's season in the CL will be a short one while top 4 won't be repeated.

However after Monchi's statement I'm still confident those players will be signed in the now new financial year!

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe9121mhkp46zrse44ysuu

10 minutes ago, striker said:

As it stands at the moment Villa's season in the CL will be a short one

As things stand, you don't think we'll play say 8 CL games and still be playing in it at end of January 2025? That isn't that short a CL season.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â