Lutsharel Geertruida

nick76

1 minute ago, TRO said:

What bits I have seen, he likes the challenge......all too often teams target us down the flanks, and get in crosses. We do not cut out anywhere near enough crosses.

Once those crosses, come in, it becomes a lottery and that's where we concede sloppy goals.

One of the basics of football is.....stop the crosses, or limit them and deny the opponent.....I see too many coming in, (like the small boats in the Channel), even the best centre backs will be challenged with that.

I fervently believe, if we tighten up.....the offensive side will grow, I know it sounds paradoxical, but I believe it's true.

We have one of the best goalkeepers around....He deserves to be protected, better than he is currently.

This boy, looks like he can help us tighten up.

Yep, I agree. Sounds promising, now let’s actually get it done! 😆

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

What bits I have seen, he likes the challenge......all too often teams target us down the flanks, and get in crosses. We do not cut out anywhere near enough crosses.

Once those crosses, come in, it becomes a lottery and that's where we concede sloppy goals.

One of the basics of football is.....stop the crosses, or limit them and deny the opponent.....I see too many coming in, (like the small boats in the Channel), even the best centre backs will be challenged with that.

I fervently believe, if we tighten up.....the offensive side will grow, I know it sounds paradoxical, but I believe it's true.

We have one of the best goalkeepers around....He deserves to be protected, better than he is currently.

This boy, looks like he can help us tighten up.

It’s a shame Emi doesn’t have more clean sheets and breaking the records he wants to much sooner. We did let him down in that sense last season.

I will still have fear when Olsen is in (unless he is replaced or Gauci can really step up and take over) though… regardless of whether he’s well protected enough, his anxiety and nerves spread through the team. It’s a major problem imo.

Having solidified midfield and adding that physicality will provide more of a screen to the players behind them… but a player like Geertrudia will help, precisely in the manner you have outlined.

He will make us better in possession too, something that Cash really struggles with. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Whats his record like in europa league as id rather judge him based in that then the eredivisie

I get your point....but there are a plethora of examples of players coming from that league to ours....who have excelled.

I wouldn't be too bothered, by that concern.

We ourselves have had some good ones.

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s a shame Emi doesn’t have more clean sheets and breaking the records he wants to much sooner. We did let him down in that sense last season.

I will still have fear when Olsen is in (unless he is replaced or Gauci can really step up and take over) though… regardless of whether he’s well protected enough, his anxiety and nerves spread through the team. It’s a major problem imo.

Having solidified midfield and adding that physicality will provide more of a screen to the players behind them… but a player like Geertrudia will help, precisely in the manner you have outlined.

He will make us better in possession too, something that Cash really struggles with. 

I think its criminal at times, and I am not being dramatic.

If he is breached by a worldie, fine.....but some of the stuff, at times, has me cringing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think its criminal at times, and I am not being dramatic.

If he is breached by a worldie, fine.....but some of the stuff, at times, has me cringing.

I can’t disagree, but I expect us to be a lot better this season defensively. Whether that comes at the cost of some attacking ability, we will have to wait and see.

More signings changes the whole outlook though.

With a tougher and more defensive midfield, I can see more of a need for that 10 type player who can bring more creativity. However, we do have some excellent players that shouldn’t be overlooked and ignored. It’s nice to have options.

I just trust in Unai to get it all right. He has always said that he gains data from games and losses, and that he has only completed a small percentage of the work he tends to do here. He is analysing all the time… I can only see him continuing to improve and progress us. I don’t think we quite realise the extent of his ambitions and intentions.

He is still working with mostly inherited players, most of whom have stepped up and improved (by a lot in some cases) under his guidance and coaching.

More and better signings will only help improve us and fit his ideal system and style, I suspect that Geertruida will be one of these guys - especially in an area in which we can clearly and most obviously upgrade/improve.

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

I can’t disagree, but I expect us to be a lot better this season defensively. Whether that comes at the cost of some attacking ability, we will have to wait and see.

More signings changes the whole outlook though.

With a tougher and more defensive midfield, I can see more of a need for that 10 type player who can bring more creativity. However, we do have some excellent players that shouldn’t be overlooked and ignored. It’s nice to have options.

I just trust in Unai to get it all right. He has always said that he gains data from games and losses, and that he has only completed a small percentage of the work he tends to do here. He is analysing all the time… I can only see him continuing to improve and progress us. I don’t think we quite realise the extent of his ambitions and intentions.

He is still working with mostly inherited players, most of whom have stepped up and improved (by a lot in some cases) under his guidance and coaching.

More and better signings will only help improve us and fit his ideal system and style, I suspect that Geertruida will be one of these guys - especially in an area in which we can clearly and most obviously upgrade/improve.

I honestly believe, done right Jas, it will enhance our attacking ability.

We have relied on "moments" in games to score our goals, which is great.....but when you progress, constant pressure and possession, has to kick in. That has to be the basis of our game, in the future.

Defensive ability in a team helps you do that, and by that I mean keeping the ball moving, flowing and in our possession.

I often feel some folk think defence, is just about the back four/five....I hope I am not being condescending towards anyone....but we have to have players with the ability to stop opponents running amok.

just take one example of Garnacho last season.....He systematically undone us, despite being a fine player, other teams nullified him, and didn't allow such freedom of expression, he had against us.....Harvey Barnes did it too.

I am fully aware, players like Marvellous, did not have the distribution skills to make it with us, but we still need an element of his ability to stop opponents too.

Lutsharel does strike me as that type of player.

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

I honestly believe, done right Jas, it will enhance our attacking ability.

We have relied on "moments" in games to score our goals, which is great.....but when you progress, constant pressure and possession, has to kick in. That has to be the basis of our game, in the future.

Defensive ability in a team helps you do that, and by that I mean keeping the ball moving, flowing and in our possession.

I often feel some folk think defence, is just about the back four/five....I hope I am not being condescending towards anyone....but we have to have players with the ability to stop opponents running amok.

just take one example of Garnacho last season.....He systematically undone us, despite being a fine player, other teams nullified him, and didn't allow such freedom of expression, he had against us.....Harvey Barnes did it too.

I am fully aware, players like Marvellous, did not have the distribution skills to make it with us, but we still need an element of his ability to stop opponents too.

Lutsharel does strike me as that type of player.

I get what you’re saying and believe Unai has identified all of our deficiencies and has been working on them, with recruitment being a part of that.

We should temper expectations and excitement until this deal is actually done or close though… been a bit uncertain lately and it’s difficult to know what to believe, all sorts being posted online but how much is true and what they aren’t aware of is unclear at this point.

I think we’re going to be busy and active right until the close of the window… a surprise that no one called or has foreseen would be great too.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

You can still use less commas mate 😆

When you put words in between a pair of commas, it’s usually an example of something or where you would alternatively use brackets. Don’t need them otherwise and breaks the flow of your sentences. Can be difficult to read.

Only a single comma is needed to break up a sentence when necessary, but not always needed. I’ve edited your post as an example.

Just a helpful tip 👍

Actually, you need a comma before Jas here:

Moving on.....I really hope this one goes through, Jas. I have a really good feeling about him.

Unbelievably, TRO didn't use it either.

17 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I’d be way more comfortable if he was coming in & Cash was the one we sold. 

We don’t want to upset the harmony of the squad either by selling too many at once. Cash may still have a use this season.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, duke313 said:

We don’t want to upset the harmony of the squad either by selling too many at once. Cash may still have a use this season.

If we're signing Geertruida, i'd rather see Cash being the one sold than Carlos as discussed in other threads.

5 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

If we're signing Geertruida, i'd rather see Cash being the one sold than Carlos as discussed in other threads.

Possibly, but Carlos looks like he’s off.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â