Lutsharel Geertruida

nick76

2 hours ago, TRO said:

A defender, a defender I say, north of 6ft.

bricke up goals 2.jpg

I think that we have recognised and addressed the physicality problem we had last  year at times both in height and agression, I also believe that at times that extended to attitude too and Unai sees this lad as another leader, which will also be valuable to us, you can’t have too many leaders on the pitch, Tyrone returning will help with this as well. UTV!!!

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

what I really like about this lad is he has frequently been team captain.  Another leader on the pitch- especially with the back4 would be very welcome while Mings is still recovering.

UTV

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TRO said:

A defender, a defender I say, north of 6ft.

bricke up goals 2.jpg

Solid wall that 

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Our back 4 should be fine for west ham. 

proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think that we have recognised and addressed the physicality problem we had last  year at times both in height and agression, I also believe that at times that extended to attitude too and Unai sees this lad as another leader, which will also be valuable to us, you can’t have too many leaders on the pitch, Tyrone returning will help with this as well. UTV!!!

I jest with height, it has to be accompanied by lots of other ingredients too.

But the holy grail is, stopping the opposition, getting at us.

If crosses come in willy nilly, it has to be called out as poor....denial cannot exist in a progressive team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dodgyknees said:

Solid wall that 

It's rather what, I am hoping for......and if we get close to it, we will win far more , than is expected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dodgyknees said:

Solid wall that 

that's what I am hoping for.

I don't want to labour the point.....but without it, forget your ambitions, they will be a pipedream.....trust me.

8 hours ago, Indigo said:

Find this an interesting one. From the very limited amount I've seen of him previously and the amateur research I've done in the last couple of days he's been at his best when inverting into midfield and essentially playing as a CM in possession (as some of the heat maps posted on previous pages attest to), which you'd imagine he wouldn't do at Villa given it's not the game of any left back at the  club to play as a third centre back.

Geertruida-Konsa-Torres-Maatsen isn't really a backline that screams solidity either and feels like we'd still be vulnerable to crosses etc, though conversely he's so comfortable in possession that he'd be a big help in controlling games better, which can be a struggle sometimes with Cash and/or Carlos.

I am also intrigued. Maatsen did the same thing on the left quite well for Dormund (invert into midfield).

Maybe Emery can now play his final form - the 2-2-2-2-1-1.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

I jest with height, it has to be accompanied by lots of other ingredients too.

But the holy grail is, stopping the opposition, getting at us.

If crosses come in willy nilly, it has to be called out as poor....denial cannot exist in a progressive team.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

It's rather what, I am hoping for......and if we get close to it, we will win far more , than is expected.

Your overuse of commas here really confused me 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Took me half an hour to read that sentence.

A point was being made but then completely halted by a “,” 😆

Confused by what the examples were supposed to be, at least he didn’t use brackets 😂

Just now, Jas10 said:

A point was being made but then completely halted by a “,” 😆

Confused by what the examples were supposed to be, at least he didn’t use brackets 😂

I, totally, agree……. With, you,,,,,,

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I, totally, agree……. With, you,,,,,,

My frustrations, are completely, justified…. he must, learn, from this.

Sorry @TRO 

😂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Your overuse of commas here really confused me 😂

I rarely read his posts because of it. Like reading emphysema manifested in text format. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â