Vile Summer 2024 Far-right/Anti-immigrant Unrest

Marka Ragnos

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Staffordshire chief Constable has basically just admitted in a roundabout way that their officers were outnumbered in Tamworth and couldn't do anything to stop the fire setting till reinforcements arrived to disperse the crowd. 

I would question how it took so long for them to arrive though. It was a known immigrant hotel, the warnings were there. That thin line was in place for a LONG time before reinforcements.  The changed their clothing from standard issue to riot gear, it went from sunshine to dark.  There was a long delay before they moved to stop it. 

I still don’t accept that letting 3 or 4 rioters set fire to the building unchallenged was the best course of action because they only had a few dozens officers on duty. It was bizarre and there would have been serious repercussions for everyone if the fire had caught on. 

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You know the outcome of that, don't you? "Both sides...". "Under attack by violent hoardes in our own country"

The instigators of this are praying for a plausible news segment of white people being attacked that they can weaponise. Just one will do.

Oh absolutely, long term it would be the worst thing.

But, just for a moment, the meeting of lager and coke fuelled Lonsdale clad EDL types against some actual hardened gang guys who actually do kill each other fairly regularly with big knives and guns, would be really good.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Staffordshire chief Constable has basically just admitted in a roundabout way that their officers were outnumbered in Tamworth and couldn't do anything to stop the fire setting till reinforcements arrived to disperse the crowd. 

I would question how it took so long for them to arrive though. It was a known immigrant hotel, the warnings were there. That thin line was in place for a LONG time before reinforcements.  The changed their clothing from standard issue to riot gear, it went from sunshine to dark.  There was a long delay before they moved to stop it. 

My missus is serving with staffs police and has said that not many of the public would've realised that the night before a lot of those officers were in Hanley dealing similar unrest...then off duty for a few hours then back on duty next morning and on to Tamworth for last night. Adrenaline can only last for so long and then the crash/exhaustion will no doubt kick in. Also, staffordshire police is not a massive force despite covering a wide area.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

This is absolutely blowing my mind, reading these posts, especially the local "this is happening down the road" type stuff. @Chindie, when you were mentioning about Lozells Road and Newtown, are you sort of referring to Blue areas? Just trying to understand.

Also, I have family around Handsworth. Isn't that an area that seen some violence in years past, long ago? Is it still a tinderbox?

Edited by Marka Ragnos

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Officers have been pulled from all forces to the capital over the last few days so most local forces are completely under resourced for what is currently going on and having to pull in officers from elsewhere. This is a fact.

Most forces are under resourced anyway, under trained for dispersal and riot situations which used to be compulsory(not anymore) and don't have the kit. 

You can thank the government for years of stripping back everything until it's no longer fit for purpose. 

• Shocked 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Most forces are under resourced anyway, under trained for dispersal and riot situations which used to be compulsory(not anymore) and don't have the kit. 

Is the government allowed lawfully to deploy territorial military? Not saying that's a good idea. It's frightening and heavy-handed and I feel suspicious of armed force, perhaps growing up on "some of those that work forces" anthems, etc. Hope things settle down.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

10 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

You can thank the previous government for years of stripping back everything until it's no longer fit for purpose. 

FTFY. 👍

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, tinker said:

Social media is at the center of this, it has to be stopped or some sort of accountability against the social media companies to cut the messages and posts that are creating chaos.

Yeah, I really am tired of this shit. I don't use social media (yes, yes, I know VT is social media but I don't use Twatter, Facetube ,instatwat etc) 

I genuinely think the world would be a better place if it was all binned off. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

This is absolutely blowing my mind, reading these posts, especially the local "this is happening down the road" type stuff. @Chindie, when you were mentioning about Lozells Road and Newtown, are you sort of referring to Blue areas? Just trying to understand.

Also, I have family around Handsworth. Isn't that an area that seen some violence in years past, long ago? Is it still a tinderbox?

Lozells and Newtown are typically Villa areas, they are right by the ground. Neither are what one might call affluent and both will have an element of drug related gangs

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

My missus is serving with staffs police and has said that not many of the public would've realised that the night before a lot of those officers were in Hanley dealing similar unrest...then off duty for a few hours then back on duty next morning and on to Tamworth for last night. Adrenaline can only last for so long and then the crash/exhaustion will no doubt kick in. Also, staffordshire police is not a massive force despite covering a wide area.

BBC news jus ran a bit about police officer fatigue. The low numbers just another little Easter Egg left by the Tories. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I don't know what you mean by Blue areas - football related, no both are largely Villa, generally Villa areas are the north of the city and particularly around Aston.

Lozells, Newtown, Handsworth, Aston are the front line of Birmingham's major gang land activities in the past 40 years. They represent the areas that 2 big gangs, the Burger Bar Boys and the Johnson Crew, have as their home areas and also where they've clashed at various times. Both gangs have their origins in the Caribbean community (they actually started out as the same gang), and to this day there's some pretty grim acts that go on (a teenager was killed in the street in Lozells not long ago that was allegedly to do with gang affiliates etc). I'm just musing on a worst case scenario for a bunch of Nazis to cause trouble.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

And the one before that and so on.....

Policing numbers were at their highest on record in 2010 with 172,000. Current number is 147,000. 
Anyone remember what happened in 2010?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Genie said:

I look forward to seeing how many years this fella gets in prison for stealing about a fivers worth of cookies

IMG-1392.jpg

He should do time just for looking like he does 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I don't know what you mean by Blue areas - football related, no both are largely Villa, generally Villa areas are the north of the city and particularly around Aston.

Lozells, Newtown, Handsworth, Aston are the front line of Birmingham's major gang land activities in the past 40 years. They represent the areas that 2 big gangs, the Burger Bar Boys and the Johnson Crew, have as their home areas and also where they've clashed at various times. Both gangs have their origins in the Caribbean community (they actually started out as the same gang), and to this day there's some pretty grim acts that go on (a teenager was killed in the street in Lozells not long ago that was allegedly to do with gang affiliates etc). I'm just musing on a worst case scenario for a bunch of Nazis to cause trouble.

Got it. I understand. My understanding is configured mostly through very old news accounts and old music. That all makes sense. My aunt lives near Church Ln/Selborne Rd, but in an elderly community and doesn't go outside much.

45 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

From a football fans perspective I'd argue these areas are probably more Liverpool and Man United than Villa! 

Definitely no bluenoses though.  

• Sad 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â