Vile Summer 2024 Far-right/Anti-immigrant Unrest

Marka Ragnos

8 minutes ago, Andy_10 said:

But they would be "fair" within the guidelines of sentences for those particular crimes committed & convicted for.

my understanding in her case is the crime she pleaded guilty to  carries up to 7 years 

arguably 2 1/2  years and serving only 40% of it was lenient 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I don't think they were left with much choice but to plead guilty.. I don't know her or her history of whst she posted but her husband said it was out of character and she reacted in a bad way having had a child die to the terrible murder of innocent children in Stockport whipped up by misinformation. She deleted her posts soon after. We're all assuming that she is a racist but none of us know what her normal character is. We just jump to conclusions and judge people when we don't even know them 

Everybody has a choice.

Her husband isn't going to say, "yeah, shes ok, but after a few bottles of Vino, her racist side comes out & she can be a bit of a clearing in the woods".

And looking at her history, her actions, her circumstances, etc, is literally the job of the judge to take all of these into account when coming up with the sentence.

They also look at the victim(s), their circumstances, their loss, whether they actually ended up in a burns unit with life changing injuries, etc, & weigh that up against the convicted criminal to come up with the sentence, within the guidelines.

And that last part is the key. 

Media are saying this woman has 10,000 followers.  How the **** has she managed to accumulate 10,000 followers?

I don't do Facebook but I assume that's not just a normal social following?

I therefore assume she's got things to say which people are picking up on.  Is this kind of post a frequent thing for her?

Just now, sidcow said:

Media are saying this woman has 10,000 followers.  How the **** has she managed to accumulate 10,000 followers?

I don't do Facebook but I assume that's not just a normal social following?

I therefore assume she's got things to say which people are picking up on.  Is this kind of post a frequent thing for her?

I would imagine that she has picked up quite a few followers who think just like she does as scumbags like Yaxley Lennon & Musk have probably tried to make out that "free speech" has been stifled with her & others like her.

I also imagine that when she comes out, she will be railing against the system & acting like the victim.

And you can quote me on that, lol. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

The husband seems to have over looked that she posted numerous messages over a period of months ..and that during her police interview she admitted that she he had strong views on immigration, told officers she did not like immigrants and claimed that children were not safe from them

Whilst strong views on immigration isn't a crime , add it to he fact she follows Tommy Robinson , posts repeatedly about specifics issues and the origin of the people she believes are involved , I don't think anyone can really claim that she isn't racist  

Ah, OK.  And it's not just one post then ( @Xela ).

Sounds like with her largish social media following and associations to Tommy Robinson she's been picked out as an online ringleader rather than just a misguided woman who made a foolish post.

Edited by sidcow

You get at least two years for stirring up racial hatred by means of putting fascist stickers on lamposts

There is absolutely nothing extreme about the sentence she's received unless of course you have some sympathy for her position

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I don't know her or her history

We're all assuming that she is a racist but none of us know what her normal character is. We just jump to conclusions and judge people when we don't even know them 

I’ve got this thing that looks like a duck, it waddles like a duck, and it quacks.

I’ve no idea what it is.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, bickster said:

You get at least two years for stirring up racial hatred by means of putting fascist stickers on lamposts

There is absolutely nothing extreme about the sentence she's received unless of course you have some sympathy for her position

That assertion does not logically follow.

For example you could be pro freedom of speech, even when someone you disagree with says something you vehemently oppose. 

Edited by LondonLax

Just now, LondonLax said:

That assertion does not logically follow.

For example you could be pro freedom of speech, even when someone you disagree with says something you vehemently oppose. 

That would be having sympathy for the position

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

That would be having sympathy for the position

Nah, that's not right, having a belief that people should have an absolute freedom of speech in no way indicates you have sympathy for every possible expressed thought.

It'd be a stupid belief that's basically unworkable, obviously

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

The husband seems to have over looked that she posted numerous messages over a period of months ..and that during her police interview she admitted that she he had strong views on immigration, told officers she did not like immigrants and claimed that children were not safe from them

Whilst strong views on immigration isn't a crime , add it to he fact she follows Tommy Robinson , posts repeatedly about specifics issues and the origin of the people she believes are involved , I don't think anyone can really claim that she isn't racist  

I didn't know any of that

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Nah, that's not right, having a belief that people should have an absolute freedom of speech in no way indicates you have sympathy for every possible expressed thought.

It'd be a stupid belief that's basically unworkable, obviously

I think you misunderstand me, the sympathy would be for the you have the right to do that bit as a freedom of speech absolutist, not sympathy for the view expressed.

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

On the whole the courts don't' just make random sentences up , they work within a frame work of laws  , if someone gets 31 months , you can rest assured its for more than just "a tweet"  ..

( I guess there can be some exceptions to this and miscarriages of justice , but you get my drift)

Agree with this, quite often when I see the reports of sentences that seem truly shocking I dig out the judge's sentencing comments, on occasion I still come away thinking "well that was a bit harsh/lenient", but more often than not they've considered all kinds of important factors that don't make it into the tweets and tabloids.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â