Vile Summer 2024 Far-right/Anti-immigrant Unrest

Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

. No doubt what she did was abhorrent but she's still a mother and a carer and has no previous criminal convictions and is no threat to society. This must be devastating for the entire family. It's not just about her it's her entire family affected. 

Rallying mindless idiots in an attack on our social fabric, to attack a minority group,  to set fire to hotels containing dozens of innocent vulnerable people. To attack the police defending these vulnerable people.

Allowing idiots with thousands of ill informed followers, to spout lies in order to promote violence, with a political agenda is exactly what you claim she isn't, she's a huge threat to our society, to say she isn't is ignoring the fact.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

There are different ways to deal with criminal behaviour and prison sentences are not always the best.

In fact countries with the most optimal criminal reform outcomes treat a prison sentence as a last resort. 

in these cases, i'd say they're entirely appropriate. this woman never in her worst nightmares ever thought she would spend a day in prison, let alone a full year. many of these people sentenced are not your typical career criminals for whom prison is little deterrent. i absolutely guarantee she will never tweet or say anything remotely controversial again once released. she will absolutely hate it in prison and will do everything possible to avoid going back.

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Absolutely agree. She wanted to intimidate a small group of people as an example to others. 

I don’t disagree but that is a non-sequitur to the point being made. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I'm not defending her or her tweet, she's a nasty piece of work, but its more about the inconsistency of the sentences issued. Be tough on crime, no problem, but don't cherry pick what you are tough on. 

Yeah that's my point. There is massive inconvistancy in things. I know sonebody who was harassed and assaulted and the police didn't even arrest the perpetrator. 

11 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Fire warden at a refugee centre?

Helping prepare food for people who have come here from war torn countries so she can see first hand what happens and how awful things are for the absolute majority of those that come here.

14 minutes ago, GrootVilla said:

Yeah that's my point. There is massive inconvistancy in things.

But to right that wrong you don't go lenient on everyone. 

I look at this case and think they got it about right although, given she'll only serve 40% of a 31 month sentence, she if anything got off lightly.

Edited by markavfc40

1 minute ago, GrootVilla said:

Helping prepare food for people who have come here from war torn countries so she can see first hand what happens and how awful things are for the absolute majority of those that come here.

That would teach her a lesson, but what about the next idiot with 10's of thousands of followers who decides to post inflammatory lies and fuel another riot?

The message is clear, post inflammatory lies and you go to prison and that's the right message to send out. It's stops us descending into lawlessness brought on by ill informed idiots. 

5 minutes ago, GrootVilla said:

Perhaps a few shifts in a burns unit?

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Perhaps a few shifts in a burns unit?

Or maybe she should have posted her views under the name Hugh Edwards and she would have got a more lenient sentence.

Prison isn't always the best case. She's scum, and she needs to see exactly how much refugees suffer as part of her punishment, that won't happen in prison. She's so distanced from the real world, community service and giving back to those she pushed harm towards is a more sensible option.

• Like 1

Judge gave her the most lenient sentence he could, minus 25% for the guilty plea.

if I live in a country where stealing is a 10 year minimal sentence, I accept the fact that if I steal I get a minimal of 10 years if I say I did it.

Not much more complex than that.

If she doesn't like, then she should leave. If that makes me racist, so be it

12 minutes ago, GrootVilla said:

Or maybe she should have posted her views under the name Hugh Edwards and she would have got a more lenient sentence.

Prison isn't always the best case. She's scum, and she needs to see exactly how much refugees suffer as part of her punishment, that won't happen in prison. She's so distanced from the real world, community service and giving back to those she pushed harm towards is a more sensible option.

Huw Edwards? Is he the benchmark for all sentencing now, regardless of the crimes? Is this like number of premier league footballers to NHS nurse ratio. Number of Huw Edwards sentencing to unspecified crime. 

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Judge gave her the most lenient sentence he could, minus 25% for the guilty plea.

if I live in a country where stealing is a 10 year minimal sentence, I accept the fact that if I steal I get a minimal of 10 years if I say I did it.

Not much more complex than that.

If she doesn't like, then she should leave. If that makes me racist, so be it

I doubt if she was aware of the sentencing guidelines when she posted what she did. People will be more aware now but I Imagine in different circumstances where there is no riots involved many similar type of posts will have gone unpunished 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

I doubt if she was aware of the sentencing guidelines when she posted what she did. People will be more aware now but I Imagine in different circumstances where there is no riots involved many similar type of posts will have gone unpunished 

Very much in line with the excuse 'I didn't know I was speeding'

She also plead guilty.

Edited by StefanAVFC

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Very much in line with the excuse 'I didn't know I was speeding'

She also plead guilty.

I don't think they were left with much choice but to plead guilty.. I don't know her or her history of whst she posted but her husband said it was out of character and she reacted in a bad way having had a child die to the terrible murder of innocent children in Stockport whipped up by misinformation. She deleted her posts soon after. We're all assuming that she is a racist but none of us know what her normal character is. We just jump to conclusions and judge people when we don't even know them 

Edited by PaulC

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

We just jump to conclusions and judge people when we don't even know them 

Literally the job of the judge.

24 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I doubt if she was aware of the sentencing guidelines when she posted what she did.  

You'd have to be thick as pig shit to post what she did and not know that it was inciting racial hatred and that it was against the law. The fact she pleaded guilty suggests that she did know.

Even if she didn't, ignorance is not an excuse for breaking the law.

She may well have been surprised it resulted in a prison sentence and it is a possibility that had she have known she may not have posted what she did. Another good that can come of this, as well as teaching this woman spewing hate filled racist bile a lesson, is that it will make others think twice before posting hate filled crap.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GrootVilla said:

Yeah that's my point. There is massive inconvistancy in things. I know sonebody who was harassed and assaulted and the police didn't even arrest the perpetrator. 

But that happens right across the British criminal justice system. There are plenty of people who are in prison for longer than they might have been because the judge wanted "to make an example" of them, usually in an effort to deter others.

Sometimes thats due to high publicity of the crime, sometimes it's just down to the personal beliefs of that particular judge on that particular day.

Inconsistency in sentencing is nothing new & certainly not limited to these scumbags who helped stoke & literally set fire to this whole situation.

And you have to remember that there are guidelines that a Judge has to follow, based on the severity of the crime & the harm caused to the victim(s), the facts within the case, the defendants criminal history, a guilty plea, & I think the criminals personal circumstances are often taken into account too.

So its never fair or right to say, "hey, Criminal A' hit Victim A' but they got a weaker sentence than when Criminal B' hit victim B' & thats not fair" because circumstances between crimes, criminals, etc, are never 100% the same.

But they would be "fair" within the guidelines of sentences for those particular crimes committed & convicted for.

38 minutes ago, PaulC said:

...I Imagine in different circumstances where there is no riots involved many similar type of posts will have gone unpunished 

A bit like someone who does 50mph in 30mph area will be sentenced differently depending on whether or not he runs someone over while doing it. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, GrootVilla said:

What makes you think she will care about the suffering of others?

42 minutes ago, PaulC said:

She does now. And so does everyone else who have been paying attention.

And wasn't that part of the purpose of her sentence?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â