Vile Summer 2024 Far-right/Anti-immigrant Unrest

Marka Ragnos

Posted (edited)

Hard rain's a-gonna fall ...

The home secretary, Yvette Cooper, has pledged that rioters who caused chaos across England this weekend will face “a reckoning”, saying thugs will be getting a knock on the door from police.

Cooper said all those involved would “pay the price for their crimes” across a full range of offences from looting, arson, disorder and violence to incitement on social media.

She told Sky News: “So we should be clear, there will be people who were thinking they were going on their summer holidays this week, and instead they will face a knock on the door from the police.”

On BBC Radio 4’s Today programme, Cooper said: “We have seen truly appalling criminal violence and thuggery in some of our cities and towns – it is a total disgrace. These people do not speak for Britain.”

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I remember a bit because my cousin was at a couple of them. One of the days, BLM protesters were met by the EDL during the day. This specific day, I believe there weren’t many at the BLM protest I believe it was in Trafalgar Square? It was quite peaceful until the EDL showed up. 

After that’s when other guys from around London came into Central London to basically fight the EDL lot back.  There was an image during that time that was trending of one of the BLM guys saving one of the EDL lot from getting completely battered

IMG_1264.thumb.jpeg.f160e4f7d70dc4c4be80656d75146bd2.jpeg

Yep. I was thinking about this compared to that guy getting battered by pack of hyenas yesterday 

• Like 1

I've just got to my IVR logs from Saturday night, there were an awful lot of people in pubs on County Road when it was all going off

But so far my favourite tale from the weekend is the owner of a hair salon on County Road, who'd had a few drinks and heard about the riot. She rang us for a cab because she wanted to remove stock and equipment from the shop. We quite obviously refused telling her cars weren't allowed near.... so she got in her own car and drove there... only to be arrested for drink driving

She wants us to provide a letter to say we wouldn't send cabs to county road (on the advice of her solicitor) so she wont get a driving ban....

Sack your solicitor 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bobzy said:

My memory is awful, but I can’t remember during the BLM protests et al that there was much rioting? I definitely remember clashes with counter-protestors and a lot of fuss over various memorials being vandalised… but was there much else?

My memory is failing me. 

We had a BLM in my small town. It was mostly the same people who do the farmer’s markets on the weekends, except they were holding racial justice signs instead of cartons of duck eggs, and local cheddar.   

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

The trouble is that a lot of the rioters had masks and similar hiding their face. I would guess that most of the trouble makers are going to get away with it and only a small minority of those who were very obvious in rioting will get arrested, charged and convicted.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Which, being honest, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these rioters were also City fans.

Of course they are.

It'd be pretty naive to think that there aren't plenty of Villa fans who'll join in at their local race war should the opportunity arise, though. 

• Like 3

Are Tommeh just accidentally posted (on Twitter) a message from his lawyer stating that they are no longer going to represent him after the events this weekend. 
Usual caveats about not everything on that platform being genuine but there’s a lot of screen grabs of a the message that was apparently quickly deleted. 

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Of course they are.

It'd be pretty naive to think that there aren't plenty of Villa fans who'll join in at their local race war should the opportunity arise, though. 

No race wars in the Shires and Villa fans don't go into town.

Bad joke aside, obviously there will be Villa fans of that mindset.

I'm just hoping it's a minority, whereas the whole Zulu nonsense makes me think they've got a larger proportion as racist idiots just looking for violence. 

• Like 1

Just showed lots of Pakistani lads (over 200) gathering outside some MacDonalds as they heard Far Right demonstrators were coming. Didn't do themselves any favors by shouting f'ing free Palestine into the sky camera. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently they are going Coventry tonight. From my experience of studying and living in Cov for a few years if things are as they were back then. It could get messy...

used to be full of skinheads in the 80's - remember Ghost Town by the Specials 

Edited by Zero7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zero7 said:

Just showed lots of Pakistani lads (over 200) gathering outside some MacDonalds as they heard Far Right demonstrators were coming. Didn't do themselves any favors by shouting f'ing free Palestine into the sky camera. 

Was just about to post the same.

Feels like a tinder box nationally at the moment, one spark could set off a major chain of events here.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Feels like a tinder box nationally at the moment, one spark could set off a major chain of events here.

Hasn't the spark that has set of a major chain of events already happened?

4 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Where was this? I get self defence but some of the chants and general behaviour is not going to help the situation. 

Just now, ender4 said:

Hasn't the spark that has set of a major chain of events already happened?

Kind of, it’s set the platform, my worry is that it gets much worse from here potentially. Initially it was ‘just’ the EDL Representatives for North East Somerset being EDL Representatives for North East Somerset, now it looks like the same kind of ‘fringe’ on the ‘other side’ is mobilising and when two opposing forces meet there’s usually friction, to say the least in this context.

35 minutes ago, ender4 said:

The trouble is that a lot of the rioters had masks and similar hiding their face. I would guess that most of the trouble makers are going to get away with it and only a small minority of those who were very obvious in rioting will get arrested, charged and convicted.

Guy up in court today was identified by his tats. 

Usually they look at people's clothing and track them back to earlier videos before they out their masks on. There will be something somewhere. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â