Vile Summer 2024 Far-right/Anti-immigrant Unrest

Marka Ragnos

Just now, Rolta said:

Well it was all racism fuelled by bullshit so it's not that ridiculous. 

You think it's just there in the minds of idiotic thugs. What about structural racism? It's pretty naive to think racism is just "Fuelled by Bullshit".

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Quite right. But there are, without a doubt, those who would relish doing that very thing if they thought they could get away with it. 

And with some people, just add alcohol or drugs, and they'll go right ahead and try.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

You think it's just there in the minds of idiotic thugs. What about structural racism? It's pretty naive to think racism is just "Fuelled by Bullshit".

Yeah I mean sure it could be unpacked more, but that'll go for both sides of the comparison too. I wonder if there'll be even more similarities if we did so. 

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

And who the **** is Leo X? 

He was the pope 1517-1521

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Leo_X

Pope Leo X (Italian: Leone X; born Giovanni di Lorenzo de' Medici, 11 December 1475 – 1 December 1521) was head of the Catholic Church and ruler of the Papal States from 9 March 1513 to his death, in December 1521.[2]

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hmm. So it's the morning after and a time for reflection on a bizarre outburst.

Would I be right in thinking (because I only post on here) that there is a lot of revisionism going on online with people trying to downplay the riots and make them seem less than they were? Mere high jinks from a bunch of idiots? 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

And who the **** is Leo X? 

Apparently not just 1 pope. He was many popes, but with different numbers after his name.  

But they're all dead. So I'm not sure how he's still commenting on stuff, unless it's from the afterlife 

• Like 2

I really must brush up on my 16th Century Popes and their influence on racially aggravated violence. 

I feel quite shamed. 

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Leo was a fine man . Good breeding and a fine example of faith. 

It's not even who I was referring to. 

You have to laugh at the ignorance of some on here. Just the context alone should be sufficient enough. Hence, my "Drop me out" comment. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

That ignorance beggars belief. It really does.

Why does everyone not know everything about my very specific set of religious interests? The world is going to pot! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I really must brush up on my 16th Century Popes and their influence on racially aggravated violence. 

I feel quite shamed. 

You're a white man, you are just an overgrown child, according to Leo

There only appears to be 2 Leo X’s of any note, one is a pope and the other is a dance music producer. I feel Sheepy has either messed up his quote or trying to appeal to the catholic members of the forum. 

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

There only appears to be 2 Leo X’s of any note, one is a pope and the other is a dance music producer. I feel Sheepy has either messed up his quote or trying to appeal to the catholic members of the forum. 

Yeah, I've searched Twitter and Google (and even for the quote) and I genuinely can't work out who this celebrated thinker is.

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Yeah, I've searched Twitter and Google (and even for the quote) and I genuinely can't work out who this celebrated thinker is.

A Google search for 'Leo X' threw up almost exclusively references to the Pope. Somewhere buried deep in the results was a clip of some DJ. 

Back to 'what is famous?' yet again. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â