Vile Summer 2024 Far-right/Anti-immigrant Unrest

Marka Ragnos

9 minutes ago, blandy said:

2 days ago there was a knock on the front door. Two people, maybe 50-60 years old, man and a woman, said they wanted to talk about Southport (which is obviously very close to here). So I asked them who they were representing. Jehovah's Witnesses. So I said "I'm not religious" and was about to shut the door on them, but before I did, happy that they weren't some right wing nutters or anti immigrant types, I said how appalling the killings were and the riots and stuff. And we actually had a nice chat for about 10 minutes or so. They didn't push their religion, but asked me questions about stuff and I took the time to explain my perspective and they theirs.

I mention that in here, because, with all the hate and rage and stuff, and to be honest JWs wouldn't normally get the time of day from me, at least if you talk to people openly and civilly, you can come out of it with both parties kind of lifted a bit by the interaction - I think they were slightly surprised that someone non-religious engaged with them without being abusive, and I felt pleased I'd managed to explain why religion is bollox without being rude and got across that I've no problem with other people believing in whichever God they want to.

My neighbours (way back) were JWs, they didnt once talk about it with me, and they were such nice neighbours.

24 minutes ago, blandy said:

2 days ago there was a knock on the front door. Two people, maybe 50-60 years old, man and a woman, said they wanted to talk about Southport (which is obviously very close to here). So I asked them who they were representing. Jehovah's Witnesses. So I said "I'm not religious" and was about to shut the door on them, but before I did, happy that they weren't some right wing nutters or anti immigrant types, I said how appalling the killings were and the riots and stuff. And we actually had a nice chat for about 10 minutes or so. They didn't push their religion, but asked me questions about stuff and I took the time to explain my perspective and they theirs.

I mention that in here, because, with all the hate and rage and stuff, and to be honest JWs wouldn't normally get the time of day from me, at least if you talk to people openly and civilly, you can come out of it with both parties kind of lifted a bit by the interaction - I think they were slightly surprised that someone non-religious engaged with them without being abusive, and I felt pleased I'd managed to explain why religion is bollox without being rude and got across that I've no problem with other people believing in whichever God they want to.

Did they start with: "Jesus is the answer; what is the question"?

🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MCU said:

Listen to this guy @Demitri_C , he made me see the light 

Erm. Thanks. Didn't realise I was quite so persuasive. 

I would strongly say that you probably worked it out yourself though. People can only present a case/argument but nobody can short of torture or long term brainwashing have an opinion imposed on them. 

Can I interest you in some Billy Bragg tickets? 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, MCU said:

Listen to this guy @Demitri_C , he made me see the light 

Mate Sid is brainwashing you to make you think there isn’t a problem . Stick with us right wing fascists and you’ll find the proper way in life. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Mate Sid is brainwashing you to make you think there isn’t a problem . Stick with us right wing fascists and you’ll find the proper way in life. 

You're next on the list Ruge 

noted-notes.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ill deactivate my account before you ban me. So cheerio

"Don't leave me this way". 

😭

5 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

Haven’t been on here for a few days and just popped back in and it’s bedlam 😂Is someone saying we should all have the right to free speech outraged because someone accused him of kiddy fiddling (in a tongue in cheek way) and wants said persons free speech curtailed but doesnt get the irony?

Is that an accurate summary of where we are now?

Whatever it is it’s pretty funny.

Literally within minutes of telling another poster they get upset over the silliest things :lol:

Just now, sidcow said:

Someone who is caggy handed. Durr 

Fun fact, I write with my left hand but do absolutely everything else as a right handed person.

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

There's been a change on here lately. The lefties seem to have gone up a gear. 😂

Let's just put the blame on Labour coming in. 😆

It's just a woke snowflake agenda. 

Nothing to worry about 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Fun fact, I write with my left hand but do absolutely everything else as a right handed person.

Sidcow Jr is the same 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

There's been a change on here lately. The lefties seem to have gone up a gear. 😂

Let's just put the blame on Labour coming in. 😆

Here it is. React and then the no one's allowed an opinon will come roaring out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

good on you  .... I've mentioned before , I invited some in for a cuppa once as it was a cold day and they looked freezing  , I think from my dishevelled appearance and obvious hangover I wasn't a likely convert but we had a nice chat , they thanked me for the coffee , and unlike some were even polite enough not to comment on the use of the microwave to make it. As they were leaving they did give me one of their leaflets in case I was interested but no pressure ...   and on the off chance they are the chosen ones , I'll be allowed into heaven  whilst the rest of you are stuck in hell with Coldplay's greatest hits on constant rotation 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â