Vile Summer 2024 Far-right/Anti-immigrant Unrest

Marka Ragnos

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yep. I'd almost say they've played this perfectly tonight. Twitter is already riddled with the images of the counter protesters and how the country is a mess. 

Unfortunately you get some with faces covered and waving Palestinian flag or even Pakistan flag in some cases. It's exactly the images the racists need.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a big danger in these counter protests.

Racists out on their own, smashing up shops and fighting the police makes sure that everyone notices that the racists are morons and criminals.

Huge counter demonstration group;s looking moody on corners, waving sticks and getting into the occasional scuffle and suddenly it's a 'both sides are bad' debate.

It plays into the hands of those that are organising the right wing violence and they know it.

I think that's the way it would have gone last night if they'd have had the nuts to turn up in Bordesley (which let's face it, they wouldn't) but these counter protests all seem very good spirited. 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t think the counter protesters are doing that though are they? 

They did in Birmingham, there was one arrest for a man wielding a knife and the fight outside the pub (instigated by the idiot our front of the pub) and then SKY having to move their reporter.

When you have a thousand men in full 'defend the line' mode, you're always going to have some sort of trouble, despite the best efforts of the sensible heads organising it  - it'll get jumped all over by elements of the press.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

That'll be some time in a cell for Tommy Two-names won't it?

SURELY they have enough on him to lock him up for a proper amount of time!?!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

King Charles has expressed concern and asked for regular updates. 

I've read he's being updated daily. I do love it when they pretend that they're playing some active role in the country.

What are you doing with that daily update, Charlie, sweet FA, yeah?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know I'm being unrealistic but I'd like to see some England flags as a statement to show it's their country too. 

That would really confuse the racists.

I think a "reclaim our flag" campaign would be a great thing. I'm sickened by how the flag of my country has been tarnished by utter scum. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a big danger in these counter protests.

Racists out on their own, smashing up shops and fighting the police makes sure that everyone notices that the racists are morons and criminals.

Huge counter demonstration group;s looking moody on corners, waving sticks and getting into the occasional scuffle and suddenly it's a 'both sides are bad' debate.

It plays into the hands of those that are organising the right wing violence and they know it.

I do get what you're saying but I think it needs to be remembered that a lot of these anti racists are only gathering to protect/form human shields in front of immigration centres/lawyers offices etc that the far right had planned to target. I think it is actually reassuring that across the country thousands of people have come out and hopefully it shows that the racists are massively out numbered and will never win.

Edited by markavfc40

Hopefully tomorrow sees another list of names of people going to prison, and the day after and by Friday night the message has been hammered home. 

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think a "reclaim our flag" campaign would be a great thing. I'm sickened by how the flag of my country has been tarnished by utter scum. 

We need the exact same movement here as well 👍👍 Decades overdue 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I do get what your saying but I think it needs to be remembered that a lot of these anti racists are only gathering to protect/form human shields in front of immigration centres/lawyers offices etc that the far right had planned to target. I think it is actually reassuring that across the country thousands of people have come out and hopefully it shows that the racists are massively out numbered and will never win.

Nothing wrong with the motivation, but once you get groups of people on the streets, you create an optic that can be bent to fix the narrative that a lot of our press would like to be front and centre. 

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know I'm being unrealistic but I'd like to see some England flags as a statement to show it's their country too. 

That would really confuse the racists.

But ironically we don’t question the Palestinian flags. The hypocrisy is unbelievable.

Posted (edited)

Nice "Punks against Fascism" sign spotted in The Jewellery Quarter.  They're all marching up to Victoria Square by the sound of it. 

Edited by sidcow

5 minutes ago, MCU said:

But ironically we don’t question the Palestinian flags. The hypocrisy is unbelievable.

What's to question? 

5 minutes ago, MCU said:

What would you question about them?

Ask your question, somebody might be able to answer.

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Nice "Punks against Facism" sign spotted in The Jewellery Quarter.  They're all marching up to Victoria Square by the sound of it. 

Who has a problem with The Faces? 😉

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â