Vile Summer 2024 Far-right/Anti-immigrant Unrest

Marka Ragnos

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Apparently the Government are considering classing some of the acts recently as Terrorism. 

The definition of Terrorism is:

'The use or threat of serious violence against a person or serious damage to property where that action is: designed to influence the government or an international governmental organisation or to intimidate the public or a section of the public. 

How does ANY of this fail to qualify for that definition. 

They are seeking to change Government policy on immigration, on the religious practices allowed in the country, on who is allowed to stay here. 

And Fox along with that has stated that this is War. How is that not threat of violence. Yaxley-Lennon pretty much constant on this. 

By the legal definition they are terrorists and the book should be thrown at them. 

It's probably not useful to call them terrorists when there's better fitting terms and, if the situation is considered a riot, there's justification to go extremely harsh on sentencing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I work in town, just opposite The Wesleyan, my boss has just phoned me up and told me that the office is closed tomorrow and that everyone is to work from home because "things are escalating rapidly" and there is some protest planned for 8pm but they are worried that if the weather is decent people will congregate earlier and the office workers could get caught up in any trouble.

How accurate that is I don't know but that's what I've been told, you might want to avoid town at 8pm tomorrow.

1 hour ago, _AA_786 said:

There is supposedly a planned gathering at the Refugee and migrant centre on Frederick Street, B1 3HN at 8pm. 

Safe to day the congregating will be from 5pm onwards - I would say after people finish work but not sure all the neanderthals have jobs because the foreigners have taken them.

Brum city centre was a lot quieter this afternoon compared to yesterday. We've had a few comms advising people that if they want to WFH they can. We are shutting an office tomorrow in Bristol, as there is a planned demo there as well by the train station. 

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I was listening to that Farage BS earlier. Both sides! Wahey!

giphy.gif

Claimed he was fearing for his own safety :lol:

That’s the line Tommy Yaxley-Lennon has been using recently too.

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Tonight is a "protest" outside an asylum centre in Edge Hill

It's also the first time I've seen the local Anti-Fascist group actually promote a counter protest. This lot are the ones that normally organise them

It's literally opposite a very old friends house.

He'll be deafened by the strains of the Benny Hill Theme and the sound systems the anti-fascist lot will bring with them

But I seriously hope for his sake that it doesn't get ugly

Update: the Asylum centre themselves have asked that there isn’t a counter protest as they have everything out of there and it’s boarded up

To be honest as a previous participant in plenty of counter protests it kind of makes sense. It’s absolutely obvious that the Police are stretched and making them have two lines of defence is just counter productive.

I see the point if it’s a one off, like they usually are but having battles out on the street between the Throbbers and the generally reasonable population on the other side is just going to feed the race wars narrative for the likes of Farage / SY-L / Musk / Putin (and all the others). Counter-protests and street battles is what they want, it’s feeding their narrative.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

We are shutting an office tomorrow in Bristol, as there is a planned demo there as well by the train station. 

Led by Cook, no doubt 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

I see the point if it’s a one off, like they usually are but having battles out on the street between the Throbbers and the generally reasonable population on the other side is just going to feed the race wars narrative for the likes of Farage / SY-L / Musk / Putin (and all the others). Counter-protests and street battles is what they want, it’s feeding their narrative.

I assume theory is that hundreds or thousands of counter protesters make the minority of thugs think twice about causing trouble and nothing kicks off.

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

First prison sentence today. 2 months. **** that, should be 2 years minimum. 

true but any prison sentence will have an impact. if they had a job, they won't anymore. they're publicly named so even once their sentance is served, any prospective employer doing a google search would (or should) immediately reject their application. whether it's 2 days, 2 months, 2 years or 20 years, their life has forever changed.

i'm just glad they're not being let off with a slap on the wrist

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Look, I hate to generalise based on appearance, but ... well, does it even need to be said?

spacer.png

Spot the brain cell???????

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Does that really mean 1 month "actual being in prison" before being let out then ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I assume theory is that hundreds or thousands of counter protesters make the minority of thugs think twice about causing trouble and nothing kicks off.

You aren’t going to get that many in a small residential street, one side of the road is houses, a bloke I’ve known a very long time (and worked with him for over 20 years but known a lot longer) lives in one of them. The other side is the asylum centre building, a massive old sandstone church and a school. All three of them run the whole length of the street and all have 6ft metal fences.

If it goes off the residents are in for hell.

6 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Does that really mean 1 month "actual being in prison" before being let out then ?

Nah they do the 2 months I think. Anything 6 months or over you get time halved. Anything over 5 years I think it’s 3/4 if the time. 

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

true but any prison sentence will have an impact. if they had a job, they won't anymore. they're publicly named so even once their sentance is served, any prospective employer doing a google search would (or should) immediately reject their application. whether it's 2 days, 2 months, 2 years or 20 years, their life has forever changed.

i'm just glad they're not being let off with a slap on the wrist

If he was struggling to find work because the immigrants have taken all the jobs. He's got no chance now.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he was struggling to find work because the immigrants have taken all the jobs. He's got no chance now.

He'll be alright. 

There is a story today about a nurse from India who is terrified and will leave the NHS at the end of her contract and return to India.  So there should be plenty of jobs needing filling wiping people's arses and shaving people's bollocks etc. 

I'm sure he'll relish being the Brit to fill the important role. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

The guy with the three bricks will never stop being funny. Could well be the funniest thing that's ever happened. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The guy with the three bricks will never stop being funny. Could well be the funniest thing that's ever happened. 

For sure. It’s timeless and will be rolled out for many years to come.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sidcow said:

With all that prison space we have?

Should really be community service and for a much longer period to tidy shit up and make lost money back. Community service isn’t used nearly enough. Most people would rather just do time so you can consider it a deterrent and they still get their criminal record. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â