Vile Summer 2024 Far-right/Anti-immigrant Unrest

Marka Ragnos

18 minutes ago, MCU said:

As I said, in denial. 

How long before the police turned up do you reckon? 

Where is the dual policing? There were no police in view when those black people were dragged out of the car at the weekend? 

Same thing. Where is the dual policing? 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, MCU said:

The BBC said? **** hell mate, why didn’t you say it must be true then! 

Yeah, Twitter and Facebook is the reliable place to get your facts from isn't it. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

No mate I'm afraid I don't.

There were police in some places, but not all as that's impossible.

Sky news sent one of their correspondants to Plymouth...he so happened to be a black guy and there's a dude making monkey gestures behind him so they had to cut away. Much like what you saw last night it wasn't safe to report so they had to leave.

There's been coverage of the Birmingham stuff on Sky and BBC all day. If you can't see it then you're being wilfully blind.

Again, you have this mentality issue where you think things are unfairly stacked against you, but it just isn't true.

I agree , the monkey gesture was disgusting and that man should face the consequences. As should every other person involved in the protests should be. 
Here’s the Sky News report, I’m sure even the reporter in the studio says there’s ‘security’ there with her. These are literally ‘no go zones’ even the police avoid, why are we in denial about it? 

34 minutes ago, MCU said:

By a few people on a football message board? Nah, not embarrassing myself at all. Just stating facts that you seem to be in denial about and turning it into me now being a supporter of Farage. 😂 although, I’m sure he’d be handling the situation a lot better than the fairy that’s in charge now

That's a bit homophobic fella. Though that's no suprise 

4 minutes ago, MCU said:

I agree , the monkey gesture was disgusting and that man should face the consequences. As should every other person involved in the protests should be. 
Here’s the Sky News report, I’m sure even the reporter in the studio says there’s ‘security’ there with her. These are literally ‘no go zones’ even the police avoid, why are we in denial about it? 

Sorry, what are we meant to be in denial about here?  It's a bunch of lads swearing into a camera and they cut away due to the bad language during a live broadcast.

Is this criminal or something?

Next you'll be telling me that the bloke waving the dildo around on SSN on transfer deadline day is an example of 2 tier policing.

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

R.067e181860e50c1b073d95f7181bfd8a?rik=4

I wish it was that simple but there has to be a degree of plain simple racism to begin with, the holes just amplify it, but the racism is always there. 

27 minutes ago, MCU said:

The BBC and other media outlets and the Police themselves.

Are they all lying?

You really are down the rabbit hole :D 

One thing that amuses me about right wing supporters is how generally the BBC are evil (you know, bringing facts into the discussion) but then on occasion the BBC posts something they like and all of a sudden it’s held up as gospel and the bit about them being the devil gets momentarily forgotten. 
It’s happens so often, makes me chuckle. 

26 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

But again, I could show you a bunch of clips from the other day of the same thing by white folks and no police around. I remember seeing a video the other day of a black guy getting beaten by a mob and then the police arrested the black guy.

What you're showing isn't evidence of "two tier policing"....can you provide any evidence, an internal memo, a secret recording of a meeting, an interview where actual police or anyone else are saying they will handle a protest differently because of someones ethnicity?

What you're presenting is videos of brown guys doing stuff without coppers around and your feeling that the police are somehow absent because they're brown.

Surely you see this.

Now you're being ridiculous. No amount of actual thought is on display here. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

The BBC and other media outlets and the Police themselves.

Are they all lying?

You really are down the rabbit hole :D 

Where did I say other media outlets? I literally said the BBC. 

Just now, MCU said:

True. Only The Daily Mail tells it how it is. The rest all have an agenda 

I concede. There definitely is 2 tier policing and something needs to be done about it. 

Can you advise how we rectify this @MCU. I know it's a passion of yours. You must have some ideas because this is clearly extremely one sided. 

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.service.gov.uk/crime-justice-and-the-law/policing/stop-and-search/latest/

Stop and search

in the year ending 31 March 2023, there were 529,474 stop and searches in England and Wales (not including vehicle searches)

there were 8.9 stop and searches for every 1,000 people – down from 24.8 per 1,000 people in the year ending March 2010

there were 24.5 stop and searches for every 1,000 black people, and 5.9 for every 1,000 white people

out of all police force areas, Merseyside had the highest stop and search rate (36.4 for every 1,000 people) – it also had the highest rates for the white, black, mixed and ‘other’ ethnic groups

Cumbria had the highest stop and search rate for the Asian ethnic group

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

As I've said before.

1) He/twitter is the worst.  He not only doesn't patrol his platform for this kind of shit.  He ENCOURAGES and actively participates in it.  He's the number 1 target.

2) You've got to draw a line in the sand somewhere.  Freedom of speech is important. Really important.  But when it consistently crosses the line into hatred you have to take action at some time otherwise it will get pushed further and further.  He's been taking the piss and pushing the envelope for ages.

3) Once an example has been made of one platform the others will sit up and take notice.  If they realise their business model cannot continue, they'll have to manage their own platform better and realise they can't let any old shit stay unchecked.

4) Why are people so precious about social media platforms?  If it was a weekly magazine being published organising riots and spreading hate people would be calling for it to be banned.   If it was a specific radio band being used there would be calls for it to me blocked out.  What makes a media platform any different?

5) Is shutting down a social media platform even the removal of freedom of speech?   There are others they can use.  Freedom of speech existed for hundreds of years before the internet was even invented.  are we saying people had no freedom of speech before Tim Berners-Lee got clever?

It doesnt stop freedom of speech not at all. We had freedom of speech before even social media was around.

Twitter i am not on it so cant comment but i would argue instagram is almost as bad.  The amount of live videos showing crap and isnt cut off it shouldn't be allowed.

Im a active social media user but i wouldn't shed a tear if ut was banned.  It would get us off our screens and doing things again like the good days before social media became a thing

@MCU Just a quick one on that video from Birmingham last night. You can't compare the policing levels to days upon days of often out of control protests all over the country, which have resulted in loads of damage etc. to one night of a community under threat from that violence coming out in force to defend themselves. 

Sure it looks as if those kids were being idiots in Birmingham, and I'm sure if they did that for seven days they'd have got the same level of policing. 

None of the instances of violence are acceptable. The motivations for both are very very different too, it's fair to say, and one of them is a direct reaction on a comparatively minute scale to the other. 

It's not a conspiracy and it's not that complicated. You're seeing what you want to see it seems to me. You seem determined not to think tbh. 

I have more to say but I'm at work. 

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm saying other media outlets are also reporting it. As well as the police themselves saying they attended the incidents.

I used BBC as an example as I thought a front page article on the BBC reporting the incidents and saying police attended them would have been proof enough.

So either you have to admit that in fact the police were there, and that they and the MP have pledged to prosecute people involved, which makes your original "facts" complete bollocks

OR

You think all those media outlets and the police are also lying about it which makes you a nutcase

Up to you

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

@MCU      Re:  Sky  -  If you have better sources I apologise but based on individuals I know being in Bordesley Green yesterday... the reporters wanted to interview some people but due to some young idiots swearing and trying to look hard, they couldn't broadcast it. Additionally given some people who have a distrust of the media telling them to F off, they left. I wouldn't regard that as being driven or chased away but happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

5 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

@MCU      Re:  Sky  -  If you have better sources I apologise but based on individuals I know being in Bordesley Green yesterday... the reporters wanted to interview some people but due to some young idiots swearing and trying to look hard, they couldn't broadcast it. Additionally given some people who have a distrust of the media telling them to F off, they left. I wouldn't regard that as being driven or chased away but happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

one of them from that clip later attempted to slash their tyres with a knife , he failed and I'm sure he wouldn't have been a threat to the journalists themselves but with current tensions you can never be certain 

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â