Vile Summer 2024 Far-right/Anti-immigrant Unrest

Marka Ragnos

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Last nights scenes weren't pretty but remind me how many innocent people attacked just for the colour of their skin? How many buildings were set on fire; how many shops were looted?

Don't forget the vehicle checkpoints checking whether the driver was white or not. Or the targeting of religious buildings. Or the desecration of graves based on that persons religion. 

• Like 4

Just now, sidcow said:

You are wasting your breath.  It's probably best just to hit the ignore function.

Problem is unless everyone blocks the 4 horsemen of the acockalypse, they wade in with their hot takes and half the thread is incomprehensible as everyone takes the  bait :D 

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Problem is unless everyone blocks the 4 horsemen of the acockalypse, they wade in with their hot takes and half the thread is incomprehensible as everyone takes the  bait :D 

I know.  I've hovered over it a few times but not bothered.  

The 4 contributions while gangs of white supremacists smash up the country, attack minorities and set buildings on fire. 

Nothing to say about any of that. Nothing at all. I wonder why.

Out of courtesy to the moderators, I'll take sidcow's suggestion instead of saying what I really think.

1O7ek7L.png

35 minutes ago, MCU said:

Ah of course, no police presence on the streets of Birmingham last night and no announcement from that fraud in No . 10. ‘It’s not their fault, they were just trying to defend themselves (with machetes)’. Two Tier at its finest. State of this country 😂

I really don't understand what you're trying to say.

Are you upset because the police aren't clubbing people equally?

3 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I really don't understand what you're trying to say.

Are you upset because the police aren't clubbing people equally?

I think they're trying to state that the police take a softer approach to those from a minority, compared to the good ol' white racists we've seen terrorising communities over the last week. Which is completely and demonstrably utter bilge. 

2 minutes ago, MCU said:

I mean, it’s not hard but I’ll say it again. That there was no police presence when pubs were getting smashed in and people attacked? Not to mention wielding weapons. 

So you're stating that the police take a softer approach to (say) Muslims compared to white British? Hence the "two tier" statement?

Just now, jones1328 said:

So you're stating that the police take a softer approach to (say) Muslims compared to white British? Hence the "two tier" statement?

There’s no ‘softer’ approach about it. There was no approach. What are you not understanding?

2 minutes ago, MCU said:

There’s no ‘softer’ approach about it. There was no approach. What are you not understanding?

I'm understanding just fine thankyou. I think the lack of understanding is more on your part then myself. This "two tier policing" nonsense, which you yourself have referenced a few times, has its roots set in the perceived notion that minorities are policed far more softly than white Brits. Which, as I've said before, is demonstrably utter garbage. The fact police forces such as the Met Police, Greater Manchester Police, Avon & Somerset Police have been found to have been institutionally racist against ethnic minorities should tell you everything you need to know. If you still think, after what's been found by various independent bodies, that there's still some kind of "two tier policing" than I'd suggest you keep watching the likes of Mike Graham et al you're beyond hope

• Like 3

The mob last night fell for the trap set for them but fortunately apart from a racist getting a bit of a kicking I don't think any further damage was done was it?

Also elder members of the community were quick to tell people to go home and also apologised to people in the pub where the person got a beating. 

What exactly were an already stretched police force needed for again?

7 minutes ago, Hobsons Choice said:

She's my hero. Plus this was one of the greatest photos of the 21st Century. 

Yeah she's **** awesome!

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You reckon what's going on is a legit excuse to not travel from Birmingham to London tomorrow for work?

Depends what you do and how comfortable you feel travelling alone. Shouldn't be any issues if you have your wits about you but its an individual thing. I think most places are allowing people to alter working arrangements based on their own level of comfort.  Wife & I both work in Finance and her bank have allowed them to work from home the rest of the week, whereas mine have yet to make that call. To have a few days at home away from me, she's taking them up on that offer  😅

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, MCU said:

I mean, it’s not hard but I’ll say it again. That there was no police presence when pubs were getting smashed in and people attacked? Not to mention wielding weapons. 

How do you know that? Were you there?

I remember 2 days ago shops being broken into and looted by white people and I didn't see any police stop them. It seemed to me that the police are incapable of defending any establishment from a mob regardless of their colour or creed. When you go back through history, even centuries, it was always impossible for the police to stop a mob in it's tracks immediately as the resources aren't in the right places, in the right quantities, with the right tools.

You do realise that this just seems like a victim mentality? The politics of grievance? An excuse to point at another group and dislike them for a reason that can't be quantified.

About 4 years, I had a really great, engaging, open and honest PM conversation with @MCU. I got the impression that you wanted to learn about politics from a well-rounded, no right or left, perspective.  

You came across really open and willing to engage in a variety of views back then, it's sad to see where it's lead you.

PM is still open if you wanted to pick that back up.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You're embarrassing yourself mate

Haven't you got a Nigel Farage rally to get to?

Tempting as it is to dismiss him, I'm really glad he's here actually. Not many people who feel like this guy are brave enough to put up a hand on here and lay it out.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â