Vile Summer 2024 Far-right/Anti-immigrant Unrest

Marka Ragnos

This thread is for the discussion of the summer anti-immigrant riots. It’s not for the Notting Hill Carnival, and it’s not for general thoughts on racism or policing, which have their own threads.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

These days, if you say you’re English, you’ll be arrested and thrown in jail.

Does anyone else get tired of this zombie shit? Where the same people just clearly have some bad mates, or some bad facebook connections, or are just plain  ugly, and no amount of pointing out fact stops them coming back with the same re heated bullshit. It just never ends. Wave after wave after wave after wave of zombie bullshit.

"people getting locked up because they tweeted about immigration!"

They're not though are they

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

"people getting locked up because they tweeted about immigration!"

They're not though are they

I saw that over the weekend “most of the convictions are for writing something on facebook”. 

Lots of comparisons to BLM protests too

Morons.

• Like 1

It's the annual right wing grifter whinge about Notting Hill Carnival season again.  Like a broken **** record every year with both this and Glastonbury.

Having now caught up with the entirity of this thread I'll just add that in some parts, it is one of the most depressing reads I've ever bothered with on this site. However, if it is true that the poster who appears to have understood where their train of thought diverged from the reality (who doesn't need naming, it's not a witch hunt) then it's been a worthwhile endeavour. Instead of hiding behind group identities, soundbites and disingenuous strawman argument, they engaged with people on a meaningful level, used their brain without prejudice to think about what had been said critically and ultimately showed us all that there is hope for us, as a species/nation, yet.

There are a few posts that made me want to ask follow up questions, but I see your post @blandy and I'll perhaps drag them over to relevant thread(s) and ask questions there, if I feel there's a worthwhile point in doing so of course. I avoid MSM as much as possible, and I avoid every other form of Social Media other than here too, so this has literally been my window into the events of the last month since those horrific murders took place up north by someone who hails from Cardiff where I spent a large portion of my life and have great affection for. From the outside looking in, the thing that I find the most surprising, is how more people, who may be inclined to find common ground with those rioting, can't see the divisive nature of the talking heads who stoke the fires for profit and walk away leaving others to take the blame.

On that last point, could someone tell me what SYL did before running off to cyprus, without posting twitter links or interviews off youtube that I'm not going to play. Is it just his life's work that preceeds all this or was there something specific?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

could someone tell me what SYL did before running off to cyprus, without posting twitter links or interviews off youtube that I'm not going to play. Is it just his life's work that preceeds all this or was there something specific?

There’s a really insightful interview with a former associate of SYL on the News agents podcast that answers that question. It was maybe a couple of weeks back, not long after the riots.  It boils down to, yes his life’s work, but also to “spouts appalling lies, he knows are lies, to make money”. And he did so before the riots, to his amplified following on Xitter, that is around a million folk after he was let back on by Elon Musk. He also does other videos and stuff to make money. It’s frightening how many people believe the shit he comes out with.

the podcast is here if you apple,

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-news-agents/id1640878689?i=1000664840838

or search for the news agents inside the cult of the far right

Edited by blandy
Podclink added
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

On that last point, could someone tell me what SYL did before running off to cyprus, without posting twitter links or interviews off youtube that I'm not going to play. Is it just his life's work that preceeds all this or was there something specific?

He's in Cyprus after breaching an order prohibiting false statements about a Syrian refugee. A warrant for his arrest was issued after he missed a court appearance in early August, but a High Court judge delayed its execution until early October, allowing him time to voluntarily attend the next hearing

• Thanks 1

This is just crazy

We can bring you more detail now from our last post about a judge in Manchester's decision to adjourn the sentencing of a 12-year-old boy after his mother flew to Ibiza. 

District Judge Hirst was told the boy's mother was not present, having gone on holiday on Sunday and due to return to the UK on Thursday.

The boy, who was accompanied by his uncle, had earlier admitted to being part of a group that gathered on 31 July outside a hotel housing asylum seekers in Newton Heath. 

The judge thanked the boy's uncle for accompanying his nephew to court in his mother's absence, but added: "One day before the hearing we find out the mum has gone on holiday and is not with her son who played a greater part in the recent civil disorder than any adult or child I've seen coming through these courts.

The sentencing of a 12-year-old who admitted to participating in two separate incidents of disorder in Manchester last month has been adjourned because his mother has gone on holiday to Ibiza, a court heard.

District Judge Joanne Hirst told Manchester Magistrates' Court she was "frankly astonished" that the boy's mother had decided to fly abroad for a five-day sunshine break.

A good case for punishing the parents when things like this happen.

bbc

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is just crazy

A good case for punishing the parents when things like this happen.

bbc

Vermin.

"Hey Trace, your kid is up in court for rioting, what ya gonna do?"

"**** him, he's twelve and can look after himself, I'm off abroad for some sun and pool attendants cock".

• Like 2

Just now, rjw63 said:

Vermin.

"Hey Trace, your kid is up in court for rioting, what ya gonna do?"

"**** him, he's twelve and can look after himself, I'm off abroad for some sun and pool attendants cock".

What hope has this child got when his mom clearly doesn’t give a shit, and it seems like dad isn’t on the scene at all to take him to court.

• Like 1

"Frank Ferguson, head of the CPS special crime and counter terrorism unit, says: “During police interview Lucy Connolly stated she had strong views on immigration, told officers she did not like immigrants and claimed that children were not safe from them.
"It is not an offence to have strong or differing political views, but it is an offence to incite racial hatred – and that is what Connolly has admitted doing.
"The prosecution case included evidence which showed that racist tweets were sent out from Mrs Connolly’s X account both in the weeks and months before the Southport attacks – as well as in the days after.
"Connolly wrongly thought that she could escape justice by hiding behind a screen, but today she has pleaded guilty and admitted her crime. She will now face the consequences of her actions."
Judge Adrienne Lucking KC told Lucy Connolly she's likely to be sent to jail when she is sentenced next month.
The judge said the case was being transferred from Northampton to Birmingham to avoid any potential appearance of bias given Connolly's husband held a political post in the local area.
Judge Lucking said: "Sentencing will entirely be a matter for the judge on the next occasion but it's likely to be a substantial custodial sentence.
"In the meantime, you are remanded in custody.""

(Link:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/c5y8x2nnwx7t)

I wonder if this will set any precedent going forward, or if it will be entirely localised to the riots we saw?  Very interesting, in any case.

Edit:  For reference, this is the wife of a Tory councillor who posted on Twitter, amongst other things, "Mass deportation now, set fire to all the f****** hotels full of the bas***** for all I care... If that makes me racist, so be it"

Edited by bobzy

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â