Vile Summer 2024 Far-right/Anti-immigrant Unrest

Marka Ragnos

27 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

What is a lefty?

It's a strange label to throw around as an insult these days, considering the Putin backed right's country wrecking record of corruption and incompetence.

17 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

good on you  .... I've mentioned before , I invited some in for a cuppa once as it was a cold day and they looked freezing  , I think from my dishevelled appearance and obvious hangover I wasn't a likely convert but we had a nice chat , they thanked me for the coffee , and unlike some were even polite enough not to comment on the use of the microwave to make it. As they were leaving they did give me one of their leaflets in case I was interested but no pressure ...   and on the off chance they are the chosen ones , I'll be allowed into heaven  whilst the rest of you are stuck in hell with Coldplay's greatest hits on constant rotation 

They don't go to heaven.  Everyone dies and the lights go out but then when God finally destroys the earth and creates his magical paradise kingdom, those that followed the way of Jehovah get revived and get to live in it.  Unconfirmed if that features Coldplay's greatest hits.

Gawwwwwwd, didn't you read the leaflet?

Edited by Wainy316
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

good on you  .... I've mentioned before , I invited some in for a cuppa once as it was a cold day and they looked freezing  , I think from my dishevelled appearance and obvious hangover I wasn't a likely convert but we had a nice chat , they thanked me for the coffee , and unlike some were even polite enough not to comment on the use of the microwave to make it. As they were leaving they did give me one of their leaflets in case I was interested but no pressure ...   and on the off chance they are the chosen ones , I'll be allowed into heaven  whilst the rest of you are stuck in hell with Coldplay's greatest hits on constant rotation 

Pretty much this, the leaflet they gave me made pretty good roach material 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Everyone dies and the lights go out but then when God finally destroys the earth and creates his magical paradise kingdom, those that followed the way of Jehovah get revived and get to live in it. 

What about those who don't follow it but have at least watched Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade enough times to know how to spell it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Fun fact, I write with my left hand but do absolutely everything else as a right handed person.

spacer.png

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

If you’d bothered to read that leaflet I gave you it was actually for a **** Morphy Richards kettle.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, blandy said:

2 days ago there was a knock on the front door. Two people, maybe 50-60 years old, man and a woman, said they wanted to talk about Southport (which is obviously very close to here). So I asked them who they were representing. Jehovah's Witnesses. So I said "I'm not religious" and was about to shut the door on them, but before I did, happy that they weren't some right wing nutters or anti immigrant types, I said how appalling the killings were and the riots and stuff. And we actually had a nice chat for about 10 minutes or so. They didn't push their religion, but asked me questions about stuff and I took the time to explain my perspective and they theirs.

I mention that in here, because, with all the hate and rage and stuff, and to be honest JWs wouldn't normally get the time of day from me, at least if you talk to people openly and civilly, you can come out of it with both parties kind of lifted a bit by the interaction - I think they were slightly surprised that someone non-religious engaged with them without being abusive, and I felt pleased I'd managed to explain why religion is bollox without being rude and got across that I've no problem with other people believing in whichever God they want to.

Yep, we’ve very rarely had them at our door, maybe once every three or four years but I have a fairly standard script of saying hi, and that I’m a Methodist / Quaker depending on my mood on the day, and best of luck to you but I’m a bit busy. They’ll generally be pleased the door was opened and then not instantly closed. A couple of minutes of being civil.

One I worked with couldn’t come to our Christmas party because it was a Christmas party. So we changed the event name to Staff Party and they were happy with that and came along. Didn’t change the date or the menu or the party hats. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The Lush and Greggs guy has been in court today. Due to be sentenced later 

Union Jack Rugby Shirt with previous convictions? That one?

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Union Jack Rugby Shirt with previous convictions? That one?

Guy with the red cross on his shirt 

• Like 1

If we’re a bit down on alternative opinions now, I might take a more contrarian persona for a while. It’s all a bit centrist in here, with a couple of tate fanboys thrown in. I could do actual lefty. Fairly sure I’ve still got a donkey jacket and a limited edition Derek Hatton Sekonda.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

He also smashed up about 9 cars, he should be getting a long sentence.

Hopefully without too many difficult words in it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

If we’re a bit down on alternative opinions now, I might take a more contrarian persona for a while. It’s all a bit centrist in here, with a couple of tate fanboys thrown in. I could do actual lefty. Fairly sure I’ve still got a donkey jacket and a limited edition Derek Hatton Sekonda.

We’ve had our fill of wokes. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Genie said:

He also smashed up about 9 cars, he should be getting a long sentence.

1e8963ec-aa83-427b-8365-73e287ae9edb.jpg

imagine he's just been in hiding. social media identified him not long after the photos appeared and he has numerous previous offences

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

imagine he's just been in hiding. social media identified him not long after the photos appeared and he has numerous previous offences

Nah he was picked up the following day iirc. It might be that he originally pleased not guilty and changed...

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â