Vile Summer 2024 Far-right/Anti-immigrant Unrest

Marka Ragnos

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Very true. If media and Tory's hadn't constantly gone on about the boats most of the country would be non the wiser to the issue.

I mean what's happened is that their distraction from all the damage they've done to the country has caused even more damage to the country.

They sure do know how to get bang for their buck those Tories.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Very true. If media and Tory's hadn't constantly gone on about the boats most of the country would be non the wiser to the issue.

Even better if they’d processed the asylum applications in a reasonable timeframe. Hotels like the one in Tamworth being hired exclusively to house these people long term are a permanent symbol of the policy of the time. Also something physical to get angry about (which I’m sure was deliberate).

• Like 2

As has been stated it’s about the reason why the person is waving the flag.  No one should be ashamed to wave any national flag providing it’s done for the right reason but unfortunately the Union Jack and more so nowadays the St George has been hijacked. Some Palestine flags are flown for the wrong reason and vice versa . I also find it very bizarre when I see Israeli flags flown by people with no association with Israel.  Be proud of your heritage but don’t dismiss everything what  that flag represents sometimes. 

• Like 1

I’m more right leaning but one thing I’ve never done apart from once when my son was involved with the cubs group was pay much attention to Remembrance Day. I appreciate what people did and who lost their lives serving the county and the world but it’s just never resonated with me. I find it very cringy when the far right jump on this which just puts me off the whole thing  even more . I’m very emotionless regarding the whole thing. 

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

It is not about the flag it is about who is waving it. A bloke with a flag in one hand and a brick in the other whilst chanting Muslims Out or F**k The P***s is hardly uniting the country/showing unity is he. 

Was just about to post one word in relation to MCU flag waving argument,  'CONTEXT' - you summed it perfectly. ✌️

32 months in the chokey for a 69 year old rioter.

69!

I'd say "old enough to know better" but it doesn't apply to these gormless window-lickers

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

32 months in the chokey for a 69 year old rioter.

69!

I'd say "old enough to know better" but it doesn't apply to these gormless window-lickers

He seemed quite contrite according to Sky and just nodded his head when sentenced.  The other guy had also seemed quite sorry but when sentenced muttered something unintelligible under his breath so I'm guessing it was just a front in the hope of a more lenient sentence.

Well, this is the type of scumbag we definitely don't need at the counter protests. That's one way to end your political career.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2024/aug/08/anti-racism-protests-far-right-riots-uk-politics-live-updates?page=with:block-66b4b8d88f08658cc9b2acd0#block-66b4b8d88f08658cc9b2acd0

Labour councillor suspended after video of him saying rioters' throats should be cut appears online

A Labour councillor has been suspended from the party after footage emerged of him online in which he said the throats of rioters should be cut.

PA Media reports Ricky Jones, a Dartford Borough councillor, appeared in a video circulated online saying “we need to cut all their throats and get rid of them all” at a counter-demonstration to recent riots.

A Labour party spokesperson said: “This behaviour is completely unacceptable and it will not be tolerated. The councillor has been suspended from the party.”

PA Media reports it is understood Mr Jones has been administratively suspended from the party, and the whip has been removed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Well, this is the type of scumbag we definitely don't need at the counter protests. That's one way to end your political career.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2024/aug/08/anti-racism-protests-far-right-riots-uk-politics-live-updates?page=with:block-66b4b8d88f08658cc9b2acd0#block-66b4b8d88f08658cc9b2acd0

Quite refreshing to have a government in where someone says something crazy and they’re done almost instantly.

Not that it’s change, of course. Because no change etc. 

• Like 1

Ricky Jones?

Sounds like the next alias for Yaxley-Lennon.

See? Both sides as bad as each other!

Need to stop giving the fash ammunition. 

11 minutes ago, choffer said:

See? Both sides as bad as each other!

Need to stop giving the fash ammunition. 

Again it's funny though how the right can shine a light on the actions of 1 scumbag to justify the actions on 1,000 scumbags. 

It's like losing a football match 98 - 1 and trying to claim a draw. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Well done labour for banning this scumbag so quickly. He is just as bad as the rioters. No one wants further violence on any side.

We all want peace between  all communities. I do hope all these white people going prison -  it turns their lives around and they can learn to live with everyone no matter where they are from.

That make a better UK, a better world.

Laugh, or cry?

A couple who joined a protest in Hartlepool after going to an afternoon bingo session have each been jailed for two years and two months.

The pair's lawyer Nigel Soppitt told the court that Mailen, a former postmaster and school governor, "despises those on the far right" while Sheers wanted "no part in the right-wing ideology".

In an interview, the pair said they had come across the gathering when they went out to buy more drink after bingo and they were sorry for being "cheeky" to officers.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Laugh, or cry?

When I first saw the story I thought they were left wingers on a counter march who had mis-behaved.

Their photo's show them front and centre.    It seems even gay men can be right wing if their racist tendencies are overwhelming.

If they'd confessed to the rioters they were gay they'd probably have turned on them.   Unbelievable.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MCU said:

My evening was good! Watched the Villa, had a succulent Chinese meal. Didn’t pay much attention to the one sided news.

The silent majority are waking up, whether you all like it or not. 😊

Did someone use judo on you?

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â