Vile Summer 2024 Far-right/Anti-immigrant Unrest

Marka Ragnos

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Had to look up who this word removed is. A throbber that's so throbby even Gbeebies couldn't put up with him.

Hope he ends up sharing a cell with Lozza.

You’re lucky to have been oblivious to him for this long.  He’s one of my most despised, an absolute cretin.

44 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

A lot of people, including a few respectable members on here spoke about the counter-protests perhaps being counter productive, stay home, let the police handle it, don't risk the bad PR, etc, and I was on the fence about it tbh. But I think this has been a tremendous success.

I very much was (although I'm not sure I count as respectable). I have to say though, the behaviour of the people on marches today, the huge show of peaceful protest and a sort of gentle defiance has been really heartwarming, it feels like it could be a starting point on the road to something better. There's hope for us yet.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Obviously they're still horrible rags, but this doesn't feel insignificant in making sure that public opinion goes the right way on this.

GUaSbzeXYAAZ_m6?format=jpg&name=large

GUaShFjXYAA9P3O?format=jpg&name=large

Put it this way, it's not hard to imagine both editorials taking a very different side.

Agreed but these words removed aren't stupid and can see the widespread opinion so will bide their time before unfortunately spewing more **** later.

But for now, things like using the word "thugs" sends a clear message to their audience.

2 hours ago, ml1dch said:

I mean, maybe?

But if that's the thing they want to prioritise over ideology, they had a very easy opportunity to ride (however unenthusiastically) an obvious winner in June and the first few days in July and decided that the two fat lads facing the wrong way in the pantomime horse was still the one to back. 

Even so, 34% of votes cast at the general election were for either the Conservatives or Reform. YouGov polling indicates that only 7% of the population hold a positive view of the disorder over the past week, even when it comes to Reform voters 'only' 21% of them have a favourable view. It isn't really a like-for-like comparison.

Regardless of what the rioters believe they are representing, their actions are not supported by the British public, with 85% of Britons opposing the unrest at recent protests and just 7% saying they support the violence. Even the broader protests only hold the support of one in three Britons (34%), with more than half (54%) opposed.

Opposition to the riots is near-universal across every part of the public, with Reform UK voters being the only group showing any substantive levels of support, at 21%. Even this is a clear minority, with three-quarters of Reform voters (76%) opposed to the riots. Support among other voters is far lower – only 9% of Conservatives, 3% of Labour voters and 1% of Lib Dems favour the outbreak in violent disorder

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Had to look up who this word removed is. A throbber that's so throbby even Gbeebies couldn't put up with him.

Hope he ends up sharing a cell with Lozza.

What’s throbber? Gbeebies? Lozza? 🤔 Asking for a friend from Abroad. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Obviously they're still horrible rags, but this doesn't feel insignificant in making sure that public opinion goes the right way on this.

GUaSbzeXYAAZ_m6?format=jpg&name=large

GUaShFjXYAA9P3O?format=jpg&name=large

Put it this way, it's not hard to imagine both editorials taking a very different side.

The Mail also upset Tommy Robinson by printing his hide-out / luxury holiday resort. I wonder if they are going to follow the government in moving more to the centre? 

55 minutes ago, Genie said:

The Mail also upset Tommy Robinson by printing his hide-out / luxury holiday resort. I wonder if they are going to follow the government in moving more to the centre? 

Not a chance

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MCU said:

The silent majority are waking up, whether you all like it or not. 😊

Ah that explains why they all looked dozy.

Edited by Paddywhack

17 minutes ago, MCU said:

My evening was good! Watched the Villa, had a succulent Chinese meal. Didn’t pay much attention to the one sided news.

I trust the meal was home made? Don't want a migrant legal or otherwise to have got a job that could have gone to someone from the indigenous population. Otherwise that sounds pretty decent, I'm really pleased 👍 

Bit controversial but I don't get the whole sweet n sour thing... pick one or the other but each to their own.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MCU said:

My evening was good! Watched the Villa, had a succulent Chinese meal. Didn’t pay much attention to the one sided news.

Presume you will be making your own meals in your futuristic white utopia?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCU said:

That "silent majority" seemed to be 3 men and the tea lady versus 10x that who came in peace to protest against the racist mob. 

Majority ❌

Minority ✅

4 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

That "silent majority" seemed to be 3 men and the tea lady versus 10x that who came in peace to protest against the racist mob. 

Majority ❌

Minority ✅

And the 7% who said they were in favour when anonymously polled

Incredible majority

Look at the amount of people who voted Reform, arguably they should be the opposition (or certainly 3rd) When Farage defects to Conservatives I think there’s going to be a huge shift in politics in this country. Just my opinion anyway… 
  • Haha 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â