Vile Summer 2024 Far-right/Anti-immigrant Unrest

Marka Ragnos

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Go directly to jail, do not pass go. Easiest collar ever

Not the brightest are they. 
Imagine telling your kids you went to prison for that, and that people all over the world are taking the piss out of you.

8 hours ago, tomav84 said:

it's crazy and depressing the number of people in the comments blindly accepting this as fact because it suits their narrative.

it's from weeks ago and she's a just stop oil protester apparently, FWIW

It is really is. X should be banned. It's gone beyond the stage of being able to educate these people. They believe anything !

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It is really is. X should be banned. It's gone beyond the stage of being able to educate these people. They believe anything !

X is not the problem . It’s how it’s being run now. 

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Then it's the problem right ? If it won't be properly moderated due to the owners far right ideology then perhaps it should be banned ?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Then it's the problem right ? If it won't be properly moderated due to the owners far right ideology then perhaps it should be banned ?

Surely it can be moderated? There’s got to be laws that can be put in place then he’ll probably sell up 

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

whilst i agree the non existance of any moderation is a major problem (i've reported numerous posts containing slurs that were not upheld) it's beyond saving now IMO.

take the misinformation that started all this...it was widely shared and believed by people so quickly that it could not be prevented. i'd love to see anonymous accounts stopped, to be able to be identified easily if you post misinformation, racism etc etc but that will never ever happen.

9 hours ago, bickster said:

Read on further down that article and you'll find some very contradictory figures to the ones you’ve quoted. 3000 arrests by 10th Aug when the riots were still ongoing until 11th but only 3100 arrests by 25th. Smells a bit whiiffy, the claim made at the top of the article.

Im happy to be proven wrong otherwise if there is a other reliable source that shows those figures are wrong ?

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Surely it can be moderated? There’s got to be laws that can be put in place then he’ll probably sell up 

No idea mate. It seems mental a social media platform is openly inciting hatred 24/7.  There was a time they would at least have to go on the dark web for this kind of stuff.

19 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I don’t think Musk will ever sell it, because it would be for a massive loss but mainly because it’s an extension of his manhood.

It makes him feel so confident he can challenge world leaders and try to belittle them. He wouldn’t / couldn’t do that if he didn’t own the platform.

He must be due a fall soon.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Ben, trying to take the really wide, long (insert KW) view here.

Isn't this all an indication of a state failing it's citizens in education and in opportunity? After many generations of working poor, kids in poverty, crap schools, terrible housing, no opportunity you end up with a vile underclass that care so little that they will riot/stab and generally be anti-social.

I am not in anyway trying to excuse them but when you're growing up you have to be aspirational - you need to have a positive outlook and want to get on in life. It seems like a lot these people are completely lost/out to lunch. Their parents grew up the same way, they have kids and the cycle continues. 

It's noticeable to me that folks on VT are generally very negative about the UK and it's got worse in the last couple of years. I don't know what the answer is to get people excited about their future and country again. "Cool Britannia" in the 90's might have been a little contrived but people generally seemed excited about their lives back then.

Nah they're just words removed. Fire them into the sun

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Ben, trying to take the really wide, long (insert KW) view here.

Isn't this all an indication of a state failing it's citizens in education and in opportunity? After many generations of working poor, kids in poverty, crap schools, terrible housing, no opportunity you end up with a vile underclass that care so little that they will riot/stab and generally be anti-social.

I am not in anyway trying to excuse them but when you're growing up you have to be aspirational - you need to have a positive outlook and want to get on in life. It seems like a lot these people are completely lost/out to lunch. Their parents grew up the same way, they have kids and the cycle continues. 

It's noticeable to me that folks on VT are generally very negative about the UK and it's got worse in the last couple of years. I don't know what the answer is to get people excited about their future and country again. "Cool Britannia" in the 90's might have been a little contrived but people generally seemed excited about their lives back then.

I have a friend who's fallen into the rabbit hole, and I know another one too. Neither of them were lacking in opportunities. One of them just believes he's a deep thinker and is so contrarian he goes out of his way to believe things other people don't just out of principle. The other one is the most stupid idiot I've ever met. He's fine financially he's just brainless. 

Separate point, but my girlfriend is a nurse from India, and she's just cancelled a trip she was going on to visit London. I feel worried for her walking around on her own, and there were Filipino oncology nurses crying in the hospital yesterday. The scumbags have got their way. Shame on them. 

Edited by Rolta
  • Sad 3

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im happy to be proven wrong otherwise if there is a other reliable source that shows those figures are wrong ?

I have already done so and quoted you on the last page but here it is for you again.

When you dig down into the sources on wikipedia the 3000 arrests figure was achieved in November 2011, 3 months after the riots. At that time 1,931 had been charged or cautioned, 1,809 people had appeared in court, 618 had been sentenced with 255 jailed. Nowhere near the timeline claimed.

The source is below:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15611395

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Dem read the wiki page, go further down and you'll find contradictory figures. I really don't think it'll be easy to find accurate ones

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I have a friend who's fallen into the rabbit hole, and I know another one too. Neither of them were lacking in opportunities. One of them just believes he's a deep thinker and is so contrarian he goes out of his way to believe things other people don't just out of principle. The other one is the most stupid idiot I've ever met. He's fine financially he's just brainless. 

Separate point, but my girlfriend is a nurse from India, and she's just cancelled a trip she was going on to visit London. I feel worried for her walking around on her own, and there were Filipino oncology nurses crying in the hospital yesterday. The scumbags have got their way. Shame on them. 

Where's this mate?

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Where's this mate?

Exeter. So the closest trouble was Plymouth. It's just very uncomfortable and makes you paranoid.

Edit. Just got into work and we've been told Exeter is next up tomorrow. I'd like our nice country back. 

Edited by Rolta
  • Sad 1

There’s a rumoured list doing the rounds of sites online for “protests” tonight. They seem to be immigration solicitors. I am pretty sure it’s all BS but there is one about half a mile from my house. 

42 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

All you can do is not use those platforms as a protest. Thats where it hurts him. If more people did that..

Careful he might sue you

48 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I have already done so and quoted you on the last page but here it is for you again.

When you dig down into the sources on wikipedia the 3000 arrests figure was achieved in November 2011, 3 months after the riots. At that time 1,931 had been charged or cautioned, 1,809 people had appeared in court, 618 had been sentenced with 255 jailed. Nowhere near the timeline claimed.

The source is below:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15611395

Thanks sorry missed that

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â