Vile Summer 2024 Far-right/Anti-immigrant Unrest

Marka Ragnos

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Google says there’s about 97,000 people in prison so if there 2% left that’s about 2,000 vacancies. Should hopefully be enough room for several hundred rioters.

They've created 500 extra spaces today as well. I'm not sure how but the prisons chief said they were genuine spaces but the biggest would be staffing rather than spaces. Thanks Tories. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I wonder if they could utilise this. Be ironic to send racist, anti migrants there.

Bibby Stockholm - Wikipedia

And goddam you know how much you'd hear about the inhumane conditions. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

So no issues tonight but tomorrow has loads of planned riots, I shan't use the false term protests. 

Will be a test of how much effect the initial prosecutions have. 

The police have thousands of officers stationed around motorway junctions so they can quickly get to whichever genuinely kicks off. 

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its on Wikipedia 

I have just checked and when you dig down into the sources on wikipedia the 3000 arrests figure was achieved in November 2011, 3 months after the riots. At that time 1,931 had been charged or cautioned, 1,809 people had appeared in court, 618 had been sentenced with 255 jailed. Nowhere near the timeline originally claimed.

The source is below:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15611395

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its on Wikipedia 

Read on further down that article and you'll find some very contradictory figures to the ones you’ve quoted. 3000 arrests by 10th Aug when the riots were still ongoing until 11th but only 3100 arrests by 25th. Smells a bit whiiffy, the claim made at the top of the article.

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just saw this on X. No context whatsoever about what is going on yet it got twisted in to shame on police, why aren't they arresting Muslims.   The comments are even worse.   

They can post and twist anything. I feel sad. 

Other than they arrested the machete Muslim today. 

Would be interested in what this video is about. Is it even connected to the riots at all? Is she actually being arrested? Have they got the video of her throwing a brick at a police officer a minute earlier? 

One thing I know for sure is that Police don't just arrest a 14 year old girl for nothing. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

And goddam you know how much you'd hear about the inhume conditions. 

And just let it float away. They'd have their white paradise island... 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just saw this on X. No context whatsoever about what is going on yet it got twisted in to shame on police, why aren't they arresting Muslims.   The comments are even worse.   

They can post and twist anything. I feel sad. 

it's crazy and depressing the number of people in the comments blindly accepting this as fact because it suits their narrative.

it's from weeks ago and she's a just stop oil protester apparently, FWIW

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Look, I hate to generalise based on appearance, but ... well, does it even need to be said?

spacer.png

The chap in the top right is the odd one out... the others all have whispy moustaches?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

it's crazy and depressing the number of people in the comments blindly accepting this as fact because it suits their narrative.

it's from weeks ago and she's a just stop oil protester apparently, FWIW

I think she was a pro Palestine protester. The replies are absolutely brain dead though. Accounts like this take advantage of that and show people what they want to see and they're allowed to run rampant.

But if someone says Elon Musk has a whitelist of accounts that get a free pass to say anything, he creates a brand new fake news tag 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

I wonder if they could utilise this. Be ironic to send racist, anti migrants there.

Bibby Stockholm - Wikipedia

Love this idea. I'd suggest a ride to Saudi or the middle east maybe where they can freely try to voice their Islamaphobic views. Should work out well for them 👍🏽

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

So no issues tonight but tomorrow has loads of planned riots, I shan't use the false term protests. 

Will be a test of how much effect the initial prosecutions have. 

The police have thousands of officers stationed around motorway junctions so they can quickly get to whichever genuinely kicks off. 

Thankfully nothing major in Bham tonight from what I've heard.

Hopefully the preparations for tomorrow mean it passes without any serious clashes 🙏

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

GUESS WHO? 'word removed Edition'.

“Is yours dead behind the eyes and have an IQ lower than their age?”

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

“Is yours dead behind the eyes and have an IQ lower than their age?”

Ben, trying to take the really wide, long (insert KW) view here.

Isn't this all an indication of a state failing it's citizens in education and in opportunity? After many generations of working poor, kids in poverty, crap schools, terrible housing, no opportunity you end up with a vile underclass that care so little that they will riot/stab and generally be anti-social.

I am not in anyway trying to excuse them but when you're growing up you have to be aspirational - you need to have a positive outlook and want to get on in life. It seems like a lot these people are completely lost/out to lunch. Their parents grew up the same way, they have kids and the cycle continues. 

It's noticeable to me that folks on VT are generally very negative about the UK and it's got worse in the last couple of years. I don't know what the answer is to get people excited about their future and country again. "Cool Britannia" in the 90's might have been a little contrived but people generally seemed excited about their lives back then.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Ben, trying to take the really wide, long (insert KW) view here.

Isn't this all an indication of a state failing it's citizens in education and in opportunity? After many generations of working poor, kids in poverty, crap schools, terrible housing, no opportunity you end up with a vile underclass that care so little that they will riot/stab and generally be anti-social.

I am not in anyway trying to excuse them but when you're growing up you have to be aspirational - you need to have a positive outlook and want to get on in life. It seems like a lot these people are completely lost/out to lunch. Their parents grew up the same way, they have kids and the cycle continues. 

It's noticeable to me that folks on VT are generally very negative about the UK and it's got worse in the last couple of years. I don't know what the answer is to get people excited about their future and country again. "Cool Britannia" in the 90's might have been a little contrived but people generally seemed excited about their lives back then.

As the son of immigrants that came here with nothing I find it hard to have too much sympathy for these people. However I can acknowledge I am very fortunate my parents worked their asses off so I could have a better life. As I'm sure many are. 

The state has definitely failed its citizens and it's hard to see when things will improve.  Depressing times.

Anyway back on topic I've seen a long list of apparent targets today. Stay safe everyone.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â