Vile Summer 2024 Far-right/Anti-immigrant Unrest

Marka Ragnos

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Working fast and given pathetic sentences that you are happy with #stevo

2 months in prison for smashing 2 cars is fairly steep imo. I think others will be getting far longer though.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

2 months in prison for smashing 2 cars is fairly steep imo. I think others will be getting far longer though.

I disagree.  if you are involved in encouraging violence of this nature you should be getting a much harsher penalty 

The purpose id to discourage this behaviour not give weak sentences so they will just do it again

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I disagree.  if you are involved in encouraging violence of this nature you should be getting a much harsher penalty 

The purpose id to discourage this behaviour not give weak sentences so they will just do it again

Let’s wait and see what happens to those convicted of taking a more active part in the rioting and violence.

Just now, Genie said:

Let’s wait and see what happens to those convicted of taking a more active part in the rioting and violence.

For sure im curious to see ahat sort of sentences they will be given considering starmer was talking about how full our prisons were

I just saw this on X. No context whatsoever about what is going on yet it got twisted in to shame on police, why aren't they arresting Muslims.   The comments are even worse.   

They can post and twist anything. I feel sad. 

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

You just know that guy has complained about British police being too soft before

Sums up the attitude and state of the rioters.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

For sure im curious to see ahat sort of sentences they will be given considering starmer was talking about how full our prisons were

Prisons are at 98% capacity. That is what the new government have inherited. Another shameful legacy of the last government. 

I'd imagine if they do reach capacity they could potentially keep some in Police custody suites but not sure how practical that is. 

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Prisons are at 98% capacity. That is what the new government have inherited. Another shameful legacy of the last government. 

I'd imagine if they do reach capacity they could potentially keep some in Police custody suites but not sure how practical that is. 

I think the only answer is to get the people who are not a threat to society out. People who have commited some kind of fraud for example and take thier passports away and have them on house arrest so they cant go anywhere and you can track them until their sentence is over

Just now, Stevo985 said:

My post was a joke. Sorry you took it so seriously  

Why are you bringing the Tories into the discussion?

I did vote Labour and have never said I didn’t. 
I criticise them plenty thought  

What had this got to do with the riots?

Na it wasnt a joke it was obviously trying to wind me up for some reason but whatever floats your boat 🤷‍♂️ bwcause obviously the last riots happened under a tory government 

You never criticise them just defend them. 

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Is it possible to send someone down but tell them, ev, they will serve their term next March or something? Get a wave of them into the slammer for a few months then replace them with the next lot? Or is it absolutely necessary they go straight to jail once sentenced. 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

They’ve identified, located & arrested over 400 people, charged them and started sentencing them… in less than a week. It’s lightning fast by anyone’s standards.

In the 2011 riots 3000 people were arrested with 1984 charges within 48 hours and the tories were criticised for how they handled that

Edited by Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Google says there’s about 97,000 people in prison so if there 2% left that’s about 2,000 vacancies. Should hopefully be enough room for several hundred rioters.

Just now, sidcow said:

Mate, you were moaning about them being too slow to arrest and prosecute.. That's why you've been tagged. Have you forgotten all the piss taking from the weekend? 

No, it’s because people don’t criticise Labour only the Tories :lol: 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

In the 2011 riots 3000 people were arrested with 1984 charges within 48 hours and the tories were criticised for how they handled that

Source please because I’ve seen a similar figure mentioned and it took over a year, some were still being arrested over year later

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That was 1 year after inheriting Labour legacy Police numbers/courts/prisons. There have been brutal cuts to all those services since then. As Bicks says though I'd still love to see a reputable source for those figures.

Edited by markavfc40

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â