Vile Summer 2024 Far-right/Anti-immigrant Unrest

Marka Ragnos

3 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Just curious, why was Vile added to the title of this thread later on? Desperate to paint everyone in a negative light? 

Demonstration is democratic. 

Rioting based upon a convenient excuse is vile  

27 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

used to be full of skinheads in the 80's - remember Ghost Town by the Specials 

The right sort of skinheads though. There are two varieties of Skinheads, Nazi Skinheads and proper Skinheads. Given that Coventry was the home of 2Tone and the proper Skinhead revival, the Skins in Cov were by and large the anti-racist sort that followed the Specials and the Selecter and generally had a love of Jamaican Ska.

• Thanks 1

The suggestion of a big meet up at the island near the small heath ground seems to have worked out well for whoever is coordinating these things - the far right haven't turned up and I suspect never intended to, but they have drawn out a large, tooled up, angry mob of local muslim people that they can make look bad on the TV and use to spread the idea that these groups are the danger rather than a reaction to the threat.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The suggestion of a big meet up at the island near the small heath ground seems to have worked out well for whoever is coordinating these things - the far right haven't turned up and I suspect never intended to, but they have drawn out a large, tooled up, angry mob of local muslim people that they can make look bad on the TV and use to spread the idea that these groups are the danger rather than a reaction to the threat.

My lad has heard something about things kicking off in Bordesley. 

I know I shouldn't, but I would like to see a bunch of them rock up to Lozells and Newtown. For all that gangs are bad, I don't think they'd take kindly to that shit, and they've got form.

• Like 2

One thing is for sure. I've never seen so much grey marl in one place till this weekend. It's like a sea of it. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My lad has heard something about things kicking off in Bordesley. 

I don't think anything major actually has, but there will be incidents no doubt because there's a hyped up group of a couple of hundred angry young men ready to defend themselves against a horde of invaders - those invaders aren't coming, they're just making that group look bad in front of the media.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I know I shouldn't, but I would like to see a bunch of them rock up to Lozells and Newtown. For all that gangs are bad, I don't think they'd take kindly to that shit, and they've got form.

Yeah, a race war would be a horrible thing but there's a few amongst this far right lot who could do with a good beating. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

You know the outcome of that, don't you? "Both sides...". "Under attack by violent hoardes in our own country"

The instigators of this are praying for a plausible news segment of white people being attacked that they can weaponise. Just one will do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, a race war would be a horrible thing but there's a few amongst this far right lot who could do with a good beating. 

Trouble is with a race war, I look like an identikit reform gammon.

I’ve probably exceeded my optimum running weight, the hair has gone, Jack Duckworth glasses. I might as well go all in and get some tats that say It’s coming home 2024 / 2022 / 2020 / 2018….

• Haha 2

Staffordshire chief Constable has basically just admitted in a roundabout way that their officers were outnumbered in Tamworth and couldn't do anything to stop the fire setting till reinforcements arrived to disperse the crowd. 

I would question how it took so long for them to arrive though. It was a known immigrant hotel, the warnings were there. That thin line was in place for a LONG time before reinforcements.  The changed their clothing from standard issue to riot gear, it went from sunshine to dark.  There was a long delay before they moved to stop it. 

• Like 1

It's why it's so important that the big group in Bordesley stays calm tonight - they're being set up by the far right instigators with the rumour of a fake gathering there.

• Like 4

There are a lot of young Asian lads and gangs that feel like they have been persecuted all their lives. Whether that's true or not there is a lot of anger in these communities. The EDL or far right types need to very careful where they attempt their so called protests because I'm certain it will end badly for them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's why it's so important that the big group in Bordesley stays calm tonight - they're being set up by the far right instigators with the rumour of a fake gathering there.

Yes, they've just shown them on local news. It's quite a gathering. They need to keep cool. 

It's why I think the casual scum will stay away. Then if only a few of the hard core turn up they'll chicken out 100%.

It's the reason I don't see this kicking off in Brum. They'd just get completely overrun. 

The worst thing would be for a couple of innocent white guys to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There are a lot of young Asian lads and gangs that feel like they have been persecuted all their lives. Whether that's true or not there is a lot of anger in these communities. The EDL or far right types need to very careful where they attempt their so called protests because I'm certain it will end badly for them. 

It's not just Asians that are in Alum Rock atm, there's white lads Hindus, Muslims and others as well and they ain't throwing anything or causing any disruption, just waiting to see if EDL turn up as social media has reported some racists acts against NHS workers going to Heartands hospital and a threat against a temple. 

All doctors surgery's have been closed in east Birmingham and the staff sent home, it's disgusting tbh.

Social media is at the center of this, it has to be stopped or some sort of accountability against the social media companies to cut the messages and posts that are creating chaos.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â