Vile Summer 2024 Far-right/Anti-immigrant Unrest

Marka Ragnos

14 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Even if you started out protesting about something in a peaceful way, when it descends into a full on race riot if you're a decent person you leave. Anyone who is still out isn't protesting anymore. There's no reason to be out now other than if you're a racist piece of shit, a hooligan who loves a bit of wanton violence or a thief looking to rob a few sausage rolls from the local Greggs.

Any legitimate reason to be out has gone....if there ever was one.

Yep. I was at The Fenhurst in Blackburn a few years ago and you could tell it was getting moody do we just pushed on to the ground. 

It all kicked off after we left and it was closed for the next match up there. 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Just curious, why was Vile added to the title of this thread later on? Desperate to paint everyone in a negative light? 

I can answer that. It was a suggestion from a participant on the thread. The original title simply came from the Washington Post. It was used a topic header on the Post site.

But given the evolving reporting I've seen by UK-based media outlets on this -- for example, the Mirror and the Mail -- the suggestion to my mind rightly better reflected the overwhelming consensus feeling about the riots in the UK and a widespread sentiment that mere professional journalistic neutrality (as presented by the Washington Post) has become unacceptable. I guess I think to myself of the old Billy Bragg song, which side are you on? Hope that helps explain the decision to adjust the title. Nothing to do with VT or the mods, just to be clear. It was a personal decision, again, made to reflect more accurately the overwhelming sentiment on VT.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

After they go prison they should be forced to clean up mess like this

Sadly it will be the burden of the honest working tax payer 

• Sad 1

Just now, Zero7 said:

Sadly it will be the burden of the honest working tax payer 

Yep you are 100% correct- these scumbags who are doing this should be forced to clean the mess up they made but we know they wont

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep you are 100% correct- these scumbags who are doing this should be forced to clean the mess up they made but we know they wont

Problem being, the mess will be around much longer. Liverpool was cleaned up by the morning after by volunteers and council workmen

The arrests didn't start until Sunday afternoon

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

Problem being, the mess will be around much longer. Liverpool was cleaned up by the morning after by volunteers and council workmen

Yeah it sucks that the people who make the mess are not the ones cleaning it. The volunteers are the heroes who do this for their communities.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Similar in Tamworth, council staff along with lots of volunteers have the place cleaned up quickly.

4 minutes ago, MCU said:

#TwoTierKeir trending on Twitter , think we can extend that out to #TwoTierVT.

What do you mean by this? (If you're not joking anwyay).

5 minutes ago, MCU said:

#TwoTierKeir trending on Twitter , think we can extend that out to #TwoTierVT.

Genuine question. Have the tories called a press conference? Labour were in opposition. Could be that Rishi has and I have missed it. But as you are quoting crafty wank for a lack of press conference when Labour were in opposition then the same should be applied to Rishi Sunak. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

We've had a warning at work about potential trouble in Birmingham, Solihull, Alum Rock and Bordesley this evening and are allowed to leave work early if we wish. 

I'm betting there will be none, or much smaller incidents. 

Edited by sidcow

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â