Vile Summer 2024 Far-right/Anti-immigrant Unrest

Marka Ragnos

Posted (edited)

What is going on, and are you all safe???? Please tell!

This is frightening and infuriating, and as a nosy outsider, I guess I have to say I'm entirely surprised by the (reported) ferocity and flagrant openness of the hate-mongers. Have there been far right riots any where else in the world recently? I've seen some lefty unrest, but right-wing? I think there were some in France recently? But this seems unprecedented and new for the UK, at least, although not historically so (see below).

On the other hand, reality check: As riots go, these seem basically to be like hooliganism stepped up a level or two with some far-right hate thrown in, but they haven't seemed too dangerous. In Bangladesh this weekend, for instance, hundreds of people tragically died in anti-government demonstrations. Just some perspective, right?

I've read of course and heard about second-hand the depredations of the English blackshirts in the1930s in London, and of course, there's an ancient history of dangerous riots in England (St. Scholastica Day, etc.), but still, the way this situation clearly echoes some of the other stuff going on now in the world, it's just worrying.

My great-great grandmother lived and died in Southport, after moving there from the Halifax area, so that got my attention.

Mods: I realise this topic has already been picked up in at least four other different Off Topic threads, quite logically, but I didn't see a sui generis topic, and it seems to me it warrants its own, particularly as the situation continues to gather international media coverage as "Those crazy British Riots," etc.

Quick note: The rioters look like real knuckle-draggers, like they only have one oar in the water. Do they not grasp that there are a few cameras around in 2024, and Britain, if nothing else, rather seems to like its laws?

spacer.png

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Can we change the title of this thread to reflect just how vile these people are?  

The picture above is abhorrent. 

These people would be football hooligans if they could afford the ticket prices.  But they seem to spend most of their Job Seekers Allowance at Sports Direct. 

• Like 4

I’m looking forward to seeing the first mugshots and surprisingly long sentences being dished out to the scum who thought they could act in this way.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

"Civil war (in U.K.) is inevitable."- Elon Musk.

🙄

He said that? If so, he just gets worse. 

Just complete utter lowlife and an embarrassment to the country. Thankfully, there are still plenty of very decent people around that can see us through this difficult period.

Stay safe everyone and keep a close watch on family and friends 👍

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Just complete utter lowlife and an embarrassment to the country. Thankfully, there are still plenty of very decent people around that can see us through this difficult period.

Stay safe everyone and keep a close watch on family and friends 👍

I was pleasantly surprised that >90% of comments on local social media are condemning this action. There’s still the usual dick heads but they are very much in the minority.

• Like 1

What a way to spend your summer holiday. Following EN-GE-LA-AND at the Euro's wasn't enough so now the weekend warriors keep the good times rolling by attacking immigrants and police.

Hope they are identified. 

Just now, sne said:

What a way to spend your summer holiday. Following EN-GE-LA-AND at the Euro's wasn't enough so now the weekend warriors keep the good times rolling by attacking immigrants and police.

Hope they are identified. 

In Tamworth the police had a drone hovering up above the crowd for a long time capturing lots of evidence. Hopefully it’ll be easy to identify them.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, maqroll said:

"Civil war (in U.K.) is inevitable."- Elon Musk.

🙄

Like I said in the other thread. Time to ban Twitter. He's turned it into a hate platform.

A line has to be drawn in the sand. 

13 minutes ago, Rolta said:

He said that? If so, he just gets worse. 

He's deleted it, but it was documented for posterity 

Just now, sidcow said:

Like I said in the other thread. Time to ban Twitter. He's turned it into a hate platform.

A line has to be drawn in the sand. 

I basically just use it for footy news these days.

One observation I’ve made during this unrest is a lot of blame is being put on Labour / Starmer which is obviously not right. No mention of the Tory immigration policy which packed all these people into the hotels for years on end anywhere.

Which made me think this was more political than I thought, I guess that means these are primarily Reform voters who are trying to topple the government and install themselves. 

These people are just a pathetic embarrassment. 

My best mate is of Italian heritage.  His dad was a POW in World War 2 and decided to stay in the country and work on the land and subsequently the NHS.  His mom was Italian who came to the UK to work for the NHS.  

He's now retired after a long career in the Civil Service.  His wife and 2 sons all work for the Police. He (and his family) have done more for this country than all of those knuckle draggers combined. 

Yet he still experiences racism.  After England lost the Euro final to Italy his house was vandalised by mask wearing thugs in their England shirts.  

If you are reading this and have any sympathy for those thugs then you need to get help. 

It only takes 1 major disaster and ANY of us could become refugees.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

15 minutes ago, maqroll said:

He's deleted it, but it was documented for posterity 

Every bit of that tweet is annoying. 

19 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I basically just use it for footy news these days.

Part of the traffic keeping it a going concern. 

I know YouTube comments is generally not a place to go, but I was absolutely shocked at all of the things being written there, every comment.

Blaming police for being on the wrong side, blaming police for animal cruelty, blaming starmer, immigrant hatred,  general belief the actions were justified.

I can only hope this was foreign(russian) bots trying to instigate something, as there was absolutely zero comments condemning the violence.

Genuinely horrible to watch the videos and so close to home as well.

• Sad 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â