economic situation is dire

ianrobo1

hard working families

we should have a VT Sweep come the TV debates as to how many times that phrase gets used

I reckon it will be in the hundreds (by all parties)

i switched of QT the other night once Grant Shapps used it 3 times in about 45 seconds

If anyone has the right to use the phrase "hard working families", it's Mr Shapps.

As well as his normal career, he has additional careers as Michael Green, and Sebastian Fox.  There's not many people as hard working as that.

• Like 3

Drat it's very simple. You said the Tory support was concentrated around the South East and I posted a graphic of the last election results to show that your comment was nonsense.

I'm not sure what you think there is to argue about?

Nope I did not say that at all - so please do not make things up.

As part of a more general set of things that were in relation to the impact and location of the so called economic upturn I said " The issue is the Tory support is clearly centered around the SE" which you diagram clearly shows - As said I know when you and Tony arrive together it usually means silliness prevails in terms of deflections and not continuing with subjects being discussed and suffice to say chaps you have not let anyone down again there.

I appreciate you do not live in the UK so may not experience the differences that each area are suffering / enjoying but the reality is that there is still more of a supposed economic upturn in what is the key areas for Tory support - even your map (assuming that all constituencies geographical sizes were alike etc) shows that. Again you may not like that as a UKIP / Tory supporter when people raise the issue but as said previously I think that all of the parties will need to look at better and more accurate ways of "proving" theic claims in the coming election. And again I maintain that the UKIp / Tory battle will certainly be an interesting one especially as UKIP try to become more mainstream and less of a protest party

The Tory party still have a constant and common set of views that do not easily resonate with fair minded people, .

no offence mate but what Utter bollocks

That is your opinion - against VT rules but hey ho.

Look at the 1 oclock news today they even mentioned the "nasty party" label that the Tory party have and how they are worried that they do not portray themselves to "fair minded people". I appreciate you may not like it but that is how it is. The Tory party is built on a policy of greed for want of a better word, and has been for some time. You only have to look at the parody of them during Thatcher to see that has been around for some while. Look at the policies of IDS, are you honestly saying they are those of a fair minded party? I don't think so. But that is your opinion, as yet I wont be resorting to searing about it or uttering abuse

if that is against site rules then I'll wait for a mod to tell me    .. however as I said no offence but that is a completely bollocks statement

You have basically written a statement saying that every Tory voter isn't a fair minded person   ... it's not just a post for effect it also smacks of some form of moral superiority 

fine you have your views on Labour and the Tory party , that is your right  ... but others not agreeing with you doesn't make them any less a human being than you 

So Tony like the VT rules you have not read the post either - at least you are consistent on that

Where have I said that every Tory voter isn't a fair minded person? - just to help you or if a virus is changing what you see I wrote "The Tory party still have a constant and common set of views that do not easily resonate with fair minded people, .". As said the Tory party leadership were talking about that very subject at lunch time, so maybe you should take a step back have a cup of tea and think about what is being said and the apparent problems that the Tory party have in terms of the public image they portray. I know the leadership are seemingly concerned so you would think and hope that the ordinary supporter (and member?) would also be concerned?

As the topic was about the image and the way the election would pan out again maybe stick to that side of things?

if you had read the threads properly you'd know that I don't drink tea ;)

but going back to your original statement I guess we can draw parallels in that the labour party have a constant and common set of views that resonate with BNP voters  ..each party appeals to different people I guess

but going back to your original statement I guess we can draw parallels in that the labour party have a constant and common set of views that resonate with BNP voters  ..each party appeals to different people I guess

Woo hooo - the Labour / BNP link, so good to see an old (failed) argument. Even Cameron et al don't try and use that one Tony :-)

• Like 1

Woo hooo - the Labour / BNP link, so good to see an old (failed) argument. Even Cameron et al don't try and use that one Tony :-)

it was a parallel to highlight your daft statment   .. and drew the same response that your PFE did

proved me point exactly

it was a parallel to highlight your daft statment   .. and drew the same response that your PFE did

proved me point exactly

Daft statement? - http://yougov.co.uk/news/2013/10/21/why-northerners-dont-vote-tory/

Ignoring the silliness of the previous posts it would be interesting to hear the views of the Gvmt supporters (and UKip) on stories such as this

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jan/15/thousands-court-council-tax-arrears-benefit-cuts-bedroom-tax?CMP=twt_gu

Thousands in court for council tax arrears as benefit cuts hit home
Many people who were formerly exempt from paying now face court, as the bedroom tax adds to spiralling debt burden ........ MORE ON LINK

How does the above fit in with the so called upturn?
Edited by drat01

proved me point exactly

Daft statement? - http://yougov.co.uk/news/2013/10/21/why-northerners-dont-vote-tory/

An excellent resource.

Far more complicated than I would have guessed.

- http://yougov.co.uk/news/2013/10/21/why-northerners-dont-vote-tory/

An excellent resource.

once you get down through all the article it suggests that ultimately it comes down to Northerners have chips on their shoulders  doesn't it ?

Edited by tonyh29

Ed Miliband’s anti-business policies have been condemned as ‘economic vandalism’ which is deterring firms from investing in Britain, it has been claimed.

The Labour leader is accused of erratic policy making, threatening government interference in energy, housing, banking and tax.

Pressure is also growing on shadow chancellor Ed Balls, after his dire predictions that austerity would trigger economic catastrophe were proved wrong, with new figures showing a record rise in the number of people in work.

yeah it's the Mail so no great shock but hey we get links to the Mirror as impartial proof so heck why not :)

An excellent resource.

once you get down through all the article it suggests that ultimately it comes down to Northerners have chips on their shoulders  doesn't it ?

The old 'chip on the shoulder' accusation is just shorthand for someone inconveniently remembering the last time they trusted a Tory.

I think that it is an instinctive hatred of the south which arises from a folk memory of the native northern resentment of the Normans, who built their bridgehead in the south-east and have been robbing us ever since.

An excellent resource.

The old 'chip on the shoulder' accusation is just shorthand for someone inconveniently remembering the last time they trusted a Tory.

I think that it is an instinctive hatred of the south which arises from a folk memory of the native northern resentment of the Normans, who built their bridgehead in the south-east and have been robbing us ever since.

well i think it was a light hearted jape but i forgot that people leave their sense of humour outside when entering political threads

Regarding the North and the Normans  .. it's their own fault for encouraging the jocks to come down and try and incite rebellion( see york 1069 etc ) :)

Sometimes they keep giving and giving ........ :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25868096

"The prime minister David Cameron has told the BBC that a sustained economic recovery must be one which is balanced between "north and south"......"

"He said: "In the case of Britain we need to rebalance our economy and make sure it's a north and south recovery - manufacturing as well as services...."

Sometimes they keep giving and giving ........ :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25868096

"The prime minister David Cameron has told the BBC that a sustained economic recovery must be one which is balanced between "north and south"......"

"He said: "In the case of Britain we need to rebalance our economy and make sure it's a north and south recovery - manufacturing as well as services...."

In the words of the great Tony Blair, "weak, weak, weak".

Ed Miliband’s anti-business policies have been condemned as ‘economic vandalism’ which is deterring firms from investing in Britain, it has been claimed.

The Labour leader is accused of erratic policy making, threatening government interference in energy, housing, banking and tax.

Pressure is also growing on shadow chancellor Ed Balls, after his dire predictions that austerity would trigger economic catastrophe were proved wrong, with new figures showing a record rise in the number of people in work.

yeah it's the Mail so no great shock but hey we get links to the Mirror as impartial proof so heck why not :)

it's a Daily Mail link so I won't click it and endorse what will most likely be a page full of pap photo's of female D list celebs with female children - a particularly 'odd' paper the Mail

but I'm guessing this is the article talked about on the news today that has anonymous civil servants and un named business people saying they've heard that people have been told that businesses might leave for France or bongo bongo if we have the nerve / cheek / stupidity to vote Labour

a journalistic triumph

• Like 1

it's a Daily Mail link so I won't click it and endorse what will most likely be a page full of pap photo's of female D list celebs with female children - a particularly 'odd' paper the Mail

but I'm guessing this is the article talked about on the news today that has anonymous civil servants and un named business people saying they've heard that people have been told that businesses might leave for France or bongo bongo if we have the nerve / cheek / stupidity to vote Labour

a journalistic triumph

Close .. Have a lump of coal to keep in your bath as a consolation prize :)

that's the first thing I've ever won!

hopefully it's wholesome welsh coal not that dirty inferior northern stuff that spits embers onto your hearth rug, or worse still, back into the tin bath - on bath night

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â