economic situation is dire

ianrobo1

9 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Brexit benefit.

Yet still while in EU we could not develop a good coffee culture ;) 

6 hours ago, Mic09 said:

we just came back from a holiday in Barcelona. A delicious coffee and a hot, crispy yet soft inside chocolate croissant cost us 2.50 euro. My wife went to the office in Birmingham yesterday and paid £7 for a questionable coffee and a dry croissant.

It's mad. 

Like wise in Rome, two weeks ago. I fancied this sandwich which looked and tasted magnificent. Mortadella, mozzarella and sun dried tomato paste. It was massive. That and a double espresso was €4.50.

Also, because I'm a fat word removed, I had another afterwards.

Posted (edited)

Whitbread must be really struggling (already announced they’re closing couple of hundred restaurants) as they’ve just emailed me another 40% off main courses over the BH weekend.

Edited by Genie

53 minutes ago, Genie said:

Whitbread must be really struggling (already announced they’re closing couple of hundred restaurants) as they’ve just emailed me another 40% off main courses over the BH weekend.

Whitbread is Beefeater and Brewers Fayre etc 

Can't say I've been in one for years, they even ruined Premier Inn by jacking the prices sky high

Long may they fail

Massive discounts like this are usually the beginning of the end because people won’t see the full price as value, and will just wait for discounts or not visit at all.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Massive discounts like this are usually the beginning of the end because people won’t see the full price as value, and will just wait for discounts or not visit at all.

It's the race to the bottom (ooer)... Very few come back from that. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â